Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lack of customization

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

TSW seems like it could be a decent MMO, however after purchasing the game and playing for a week or two I have noticed the lack of customization.

1. During Creation of my chracter I had very little to choose from.

2. Now that my character is created I have not found a way to recustomize my character in game.

3. Cash Shop, After checking the Cash Shop in game I noticed that changing the color of clothing which you originally purchased at the begining of the game costs money aka you have to buy it, and it only works on one character on the account to my knowledge..

Basically we are paying a monthly subscription except for those who purchased the founders pack, and then we are having to pay Extra just to freely customize characters.

I have already dropped my subscription to this game as a result to this I will think about resubbing if they add customization, and give us some free content to customize with at least what we already paid for without charing us Extra money.

If you really don't care about the customization in the game then the game is for sure better than Fallen Earth and might be for you. However if you are like me and tired of game companies ripping people off like Enmasse does with Tera then don't support them.

Will wait and see what FunCom does before I spend anymore money in TSW.

Comments

• Deadman87Deadman87 Member Posts: 253

The "second issue update" is adding more customization in august I believe. But I'm not going to touch the pay-to-win-bunny-slipper-cash-shop problem you have.

It is preferable not to travel with a dead man.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Originally posted by Deadman87

The "second issue update" is adding more customization in august I believe. But I'm not going to touch the pay-to-win-bunny-slipper-cash-shop problem you have.

The game currently is not pay 2 win at least that I can see.

However I refuse to pay for any game like Tera, or Aion.

Thhe reason is because Enmasse for example wantedm e to pay $9.99 to change my characters appearance in game after it was created, when I purchased the game I was believed to be getting full benefits of the game free, mislead many times dropped my subscription. Any MMORPG on the market that is charing a subscription, and then charging me additional money to recustomize my character, I refuse to even play the game.

If FunCom add's more customization in time before my sub expires and I like it I might return, I do not mind paying for the Extra content they sell that they create after the game is released or such, however if they charge me to change my hair colors, or anything like that in game like Enmasse does then I am not playing or paying for their service.

I play MMORPG"s to enjoy them, not to have to be bugged by AD's, or bothersome things like Lack of inventory space, for example lots of MMO's today like F2P titles give you very little inventory space, stick all your quest items in there, lack of bank space, I refuse to pay or play these type of games because to me it kills the enjoyment of the game.

While I understand people agree or disagree with such I remember the days when people only had to pay a flat rate to enjoy the game, and all the features of the game were free with that fee. * There are still some MMO's that actually still do this today but very few.*

• retye50retye50 Member UncommonPosts: 50

Go to london, enter the clothing store and ....BINGO.....customization options....getting tired of these threads.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Aion is F2P. Could also menton the update to CC....why bother.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

The additional character customization options are coming in August via the new in-game shops.  These will be in game currency ONLY and everyone will be getting 1 free voucher when it launches.

There is more clothing in Pangea in London for in-game currency than there is in the online store.  Again, in game currency only.

There are more clothing/hat/glasses options coming in the build on the 31st.  Also for in game currency only.

Bag and bank space are purchasable with only in game currency.

Gear management slots are purchasable with in game currency.

etc, etc.

There are a few clothing options in the cash store but you don't have to buy them.  None of my friends do and they have no problems finding clothing they like in Pangea.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Be a rebel play naked ...just warm up by jumping into the pvp kitchen once in awhile

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    Originally posted by retye50

Go to london, enter the clothing store and ....BINGO.....customization options....getting tired of these threads.

That would involve independent thought. This is the new generation, the WoW kiddies to the extreme, if everything isn't perfectly obvious with flashing menus and a glowing '!' above NPC's then they just don't know what to do. They need pop ups every step of the way, "YOU CAN BUY NEW CLOTHES IN LONDON!", throw some sparkly lights around it and some funky disco music and they'd be giggling like imbeciles, unable to spend their in-game cash quick enough.

*gasp* In game cash?! You mean the cash shop isn't needed? Holy moly. Customisation options for skills? There's only like 500 different ones, but no no, if they're not given the skill they need upon hearing a little level up chime they're stumped again! Poor little WoW kiddies...

Honestly, I think we've got them in game at the moment. I was online last night and some of the questions in general really made me worry for the future. Or at least for the state of schooling.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Originally posted by Dakirn

The additional character customization options are coming in August via the new in-game shops.  These will be in game currency ONLY and everyone will be getting 1 free voucher when it launches.

I'd say they had their priorities straight in this.  Customization is nice, but it's perfectly fine to add it a little after the release.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Well when I went to london's clothing shop there was a bus load of people in there making it near impossibe to see those other vendor's that are not behind the counter. If you play illum or dragon you might not have gone to london. During beta I was able to buy certain items in new york but those vendors were removed for launch. They need to put stores in all the cities imo. Can't wait to see the upgrades to the character creator but will have to as I don't plan to resub till a few month's down the line.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I think that they want to keep London as the main player hub (well, actually Agartha is the main hub atm due to the LFG channel limitation), so they kept the bank and clothes shops in London only. You gain access to the bank once you reach a rather high rank in your faction btw.

The plan from what I'm reading is that they'll add a barber shop in New York, which is effectively a face and body reconstruction and they'll add a tatoo shop in Seoul.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

I believe they said they were going to add a plastic surgeon to each city that was worked into the lore.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

LOL OP go to london and customize your character as much as you want, you can even try on the stuff before buying...

Why come and qq here when you really aint even tried to find out about stuff..

YEah it has a cash shop, that sucks but there is nothnig in there I would ever want..