Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you buy/read a MMO's magazine? (Wrong Forum)

RealedazedRealedazed Member UncommonPosts: 105

I knew Eve had a magazine out. I just started playing Aion and found that they have one too.  The only place that I've read an actual magazine in the last few years have been in a doctor's office.  At one time, I thought about getting PDF verison of the magazines that I used to like, but with the millions of blogs and websites on the web, I really don't feel like it anymore.

Anyway, would you subscribe to a game's print magazine? I'm pretty curious about that articles and stories (especially EVE's since I was really into the lore of the game back when I played), but don't really want to shell out the cash for it.

Edit: WoW! I'm not sure how I posted here. Somehow I thought I was on the board's General Discussion forum, not the GW specific one. Jeez, no more posting before breakfast...

Sorry about that.

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I dont see what this has to do with GW2

But i would definately not read a paper MMO magazine.

If there are interesting topics i might read a digital version if it comes for free.

Personally i think there might be a good chance for Ipad/Android phone apps that present MMO information, but then there is allways websites like this to compete with

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

Aion has also its own magazine i dont know if it does still exist

with internet magazines/issues are kinda dead, i bought some video games issues but was boring because i already knew what's going on

internet killed magazines/newspapers  i think

i'm not saying its bad but i dont see the point to pay something when you have already the information on internet

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by Tonin109

Aion has also its own magazine i dont know if it does still exist

with internet magazines/issues are kinda dead, i bought some video games issues but was boring because i already knew what's going on

internet killed magazines/newspapers  i think

i'm not saying its bad but i dont see the point to pay something when you have already the information on internet

People are essentially paying someone to assemble information relevant to whatever the topic of the magazine is.  The busier you are, the less likely you are to want to spend additional time searching information out on the internet.  Magazines definitely appeal to a different demographic now than they did prior to the internet, but it's likely a demographic that advertisers are happy to target.