Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW PvP - Can't stand the heat get out the kitchen.

13»

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Like reviews have any credibility

Swtor
    Diablo3

They must be ace them 2 the reviewers say so.
  • Ash23NeuroAsh23Neuro Member Posts: 13

I don't defend TSW by accusing GW2 of being asian. I base my opinon on what I've already seen (http://guildwars2.com.pl/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/hero-asura.jpg). In fact I dont care about GW2 at all. But I heard from my friends thats it's designed for PvP so by PvPers should go there (its possible make bomb squads like in WAR and schorch whole zergs of people). I dont know who develops this title (becasue I dont care). I hope that people who wait for this game will enjoy it. I realy do.

I enjoy TSW as it is because I like the game in general. I like modern setting, ocult stuff, secret war, fluff etc. This game is out for one month now. There is plenty cool features to implement.

Originally posted by Celcius
    Originally posted by ash23neuro

If someone looks for pure PvP game I hope GW2 will deliver. Personaly I don't like GW2 setting inspired by asian fantasy pop culture.

GW2 is not inspired by asian fantasy pop culture. I really hate when people assume this just because NC Soft is publishing the game. ArenaNet is an American company and has always been one. Guild Wars 2 fantasy setting is based off the GW1 fantasy setting, which was being developed by Triforge (the name of the company before it became ArenaNet) by a group of developers who used to be at Blizzard. That company was making GW1 before they were even acquired by NC Soft, so there is no way it is even remotely designed with an asian fantasy setting in mind. NC Soft West is actually the publisher for Guild Wars, which is located in Seattle. So if you want to defend your game properly I suggest a stronger argument then "GW2 IS ASIAN GAME!" Saying that GW2 is a "pure pvp" game also shows your ignorance on the subject.

My above post is answer to this post.

• DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

I need to know, what is rewarding from PVP??????

Is there leaderboards..????...Personally i always need a goal ingame, RL or anything.

• sfc1971sfc1971 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by sfc1971

I used a blade/fist build, I took my sword and just started swinging and I won.

Favorite bit, dying, respawning and jumping right back in with AoE sword swinging. Upsets all the kids who think tactics and strategy matter when faced with someone who doesn't care about win/loss ratio that isn't tracked anyway, thank Odin!

TSW PvP is frantic mad rush vs frantic mad rush. Exhaustive fun. 

Shotgun, close range stun is nice too, they think because you carry a gun, you won't just dive straight in and go insane. But I do :P

Wins losses and kills are tracked on TSW Chronicles. Hmmm.

http://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/

Leader boards

it's early sorry if I misunderstood.

Didn't know that, hope it doesn't turn into star hugging (Lotro PvP gave people with a high kill ration stars, resulting in people who would tag enemy players with an AoE skill, then run away to get a kill credit without actually killing anyone themselves.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

pvp in any tab 123 game does not exist

/thread

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Worstluck
    snip

I am a fan of EvE. I know how deep the system is. It's ships though. Not people. We all know EvE is the exception to the rule. As I've said no system other than EvE will provide you more flexibility. 

read the OP again...

You have edited your orginal post to now fit your arguement and unfortunately no one quoted it.  Originally you had said it was comparable to Eve Online, now you have changed it to say that TSW is still complex, but not as complex as Eve's. 

Oh it's ships?  Really I didn't know that.  What about being a human avatar makes the pvp challenging or complex?  This is the best reply you can come up with?

I think we are done here mate.  Have fun with your simplistic pvp game of pressing 1234 and hoping for some crits before the CC wears out.  As I have also said, TSW is fine game, but it's no pvp game.  If you are going to advertise for the game, highlight it's strengths, do not try to market it's weaknesses in an attempt to make it look better than it actually is.

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

TSW PvP killed the game for me... The missions are cool but pvp is a joke.  Sword aoe spam ftw. Why the f would you put a hard hitting aoe with no cooldown.  And the CC, if there is a CC immunity timer then it doesnt work for my char.  More than a few times Ive been stun locked by two people and died just standing there.

At first i thought it was cool cause I was going against noobs who I would position myself behind them and dodge as I kept him in my LoS while i did my melee channel. Thought it was cool until i experienced real pvp.

It consist of three builds 2 of em are for group pvp and only one is the Uber 1vs1 even 1vs3 if they opponent doesnt have this build.

Blood and Rifle (as in blood + anything or rifle + Anything) are the two that must be in a group to win pvp and your group will pwn all.

The uber build is sword + anything. And just do the AoE spam on it, hell it even gets an aoe stun.  Ive seen whole groups of nothing but aoe sword spammers and total dominate unique groups. 

Dodge, positioning all pointless.....AOE SWORD SPAM FTW

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Originally posted by Ash23Neuro

I don't defend TSW by accusing GW2 of being asian. I base my opinon on what I've already seen (http://guildwars2.com.pl/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/hero-asura.jpg). In fact I dont care about GW2 at all. But I heard from my friends thats it's designed for PvP so by PvPers should go there (its possible make bomb squads like in WAR and schorch whole zergs of people). I dont know who develops this title (becasue I dont care). I hope that people who wait for this game will enjoy it. I realy do.

I enjoy TSW as it is because I like the game in general. I like modern setting, ocult stuff, secret war, fluff etc. This game is out for one month now. There is plenty cool features to implement.

So you are saying that you were wrong about it being based off asian fantasy? Thanks for clarifying. Also since you "heard from your friends" that its a PvP only game I would suggest leaving GW2 out of any part of your argument entirely since you clearly know absolutely nothing about it.  For a "PvP only" game, GW2 certainly blows TSW PvE out of the water in terms of fun and challenge.

So you are saying that you were wrong about it being based off asian fantasy? Thanks for clarifying. Also since you "heard from your friends" that its a PvP only game I would suggest leaving GW2 out of any part of your argument entirely since you clearly know absolutely nothing about it.  For a "PvP only" game, GW2 certainly blows TSW PvE out of the water in terms of fun and challenge.

As I said I don't care about GW2 because whether it is or it isn't indpired by asian fantasy I dont like furry thing with big robots. It can have best PvE and PvP in the worldm, I dont care. A lot of people care - good for them. I wish them the best. And I didn't write "PvP only" but that it's strongly designed for  PvP.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

As I said I don't care about GW2 because whether it is or it isn't indpired by asian fantasy I dont like furry thing with big robots. It can have best PvE and PvP in the worldm, I dont care. A lot of people care - good for them. I wish them the best. And I didn't write "PvP only" but that it's strongly designed for  PvP.

Which is still wrong. what you said would be true if you were talking about guild wars 1, guild wars 1 started out as a PvP only game with PvE tagged on to prep the player into PvP. After the first expansion, the focus switch to PvE which is why Arenanet has for the most part mainly talked about PvE because they realized a lot of ppl would assume its a PvP game. Guild wars 2 PvE is somewhat similar to PvP in the way certain mobs behave, but that makes PvE slightly less braindead than most MMORPG. 

anyways, carry on.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

this pvp sucks anyone can spend a day trying out new builds and make them work . BCBully stop trying to make this game out to be way more then it is and everyone except you and a few others are stupid and cant build . This game has one of the worst pvp designs out there currently and it is FAR from skill based. Theory crafting some build and going out and pvping doesnt change anything when its the mechanics that are broken and not the player. Stupid skills like 5 second disarms and keep attacking after you die ruin the game. I used to get top dps in every scenario I played in and on vent we would laugh about how broken the system is. Im not here to be a GW2 fanboy either because i prefer it but saying TSW is all about skill and hard and not forgiving is not in any way true. Sure its not as easy mode as wow or rift is but its far from hard.  Im glad you enjoy the game but seriously stop making posts about how stupid the world is and how they whine when this game requires no skill to pvp in it.