Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So we have vibrating controllers...

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

What do you guys think about vibrating mice/keyboards?  o.O  Idk...I just thought of it as I play Smash Brothers

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

vibrating mouse would interfere to much with the mouse itself, and a vibrating keyboard, i dont think your hand sits steadily on it enough to make it worthwhile, then theres the horrible noise it would make since it sits flat on a table

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162

A vibrating keyboard would be funny as hell.

Playing a FPS damn thing would would shake after each shot, would be hardpressed trying to keep it still. *BANG* Oh god it jumped at me again. Imagine the youtube vids. image

A vibrating mouse would be interesting. The cat might like it. Everytime it shakes the cat would stare it down, pounce, and your hand would cry at that point. Hmm, gonna skip the vibrating mouse. image

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

They would probably make to much noise, since they're on a hard surface.

It would be funny trying to play a shooter or something like dead space with your mouse rumbling all over the table though. image

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Make my PC chair vibrate based on what i'm doing in-game.

I'd enjoy that... a lot...

Mmmm.... hit me harder Mobs, yeeeeeeh.

• ThaVampThaVamp Member Posts: 48

I don't really get the whole vibration thing. Ever gameconsole r joypad has it, but most of the time it doesn't add that much in my opinion. The times that I notics it's only because it's really anoying me, so I put it off.

But if I remember correcly there are some vibrating mice on the market. Although a quick search only reveals very old links.

• ThaVampThaVamp Member Posts: 48

Now a vibrating chair, that I would like.

Well if I had the room that is:

http://www.videogamingchairstore.com/servlet/the-53/boom-chair-Pulse,-boomchair/Detail

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by ThaVamp

Now a vibrating chair, that I would like.

Well if I had the room that is:

http://www.videogamingchairstore.com/servlet/the-53/boom-chair-Pulse,-boomchair/Detail

O.O YOU SAVE 72 WHOLE DOLLARS! Thats like...14 steam games during the steam sales!!! O.O

And as for the vibration..Idk Ive liked it since it popped up on consoles.  Its great feedback like when youre getting hit or when youre shooting n stuff.  The chair seems awesome though! I just might get it....Oh right I have no room for it :( I had something similar before but it only had speakers and I dont think it had vibrations....I never had space to use it while gaming so I wouldnt know x.x I gave it away.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

This is a cool idea for the keyboard. Like if your playing an FPS and you get shot from the left, the left side of the keyboard vibrates, or in an RPG if your avatar touches something moving the keyboard tries mimicing the feeling XD

• blkwltz19blkwltz19 Member UncommonPosts: 18

See Logitech iFeel (vibrating mouse) 

and

Rosewill RHTS-8026 (vibrating headset)

Yeah....

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by warmaster670

vibrating mouse would interfere to much with the mouse itself, and a vibrating keyboard, i dont think your hand sits steadily on it enough to make it worthwhile, then theres the horrible noise it would make since it sits flat on a table

True, but you could make a vibrating trackball easily.

I could see myself using one of them (but then I use a trackball anyways since it is almost twice as fast when you play once you gotten used to it (takes a day)).

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    Originally posted by Castillle

What do you guys think about vibrating mice/keyboards?  o.O  Idk...I just thought of it as I play Smash Brothers

I sort of like it on console controllers, but in those cases, both hands are pretty firmly fixed and have small range of movement. With mouse/keyboard, hands move around a bit more and not sure it would give a similar experience. That said, wireless perihperals are eveywhere now. Why not a wireless 'feedback' wristband or something like that (queue vibrating wrist jokes)? This way, regardless of hand movement, you can get the feedback (somewhat) like a console and not greatly impact your other equipement (would hate if an optical mouse vibrated :P).

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

tbh, I think that having something alongside my ribs on my sides would be alot more effective at getting a reaction from me.  Pretty much make me jump out of my chair if it was strong enough. The keyboard and mouse are too easy to not have much of a hold on so it loses effect.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.