Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW HOM Confusion...

ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

So i just bought the platinum edition, downloaded the client, and logged in. Now with the platinum edition i am supposed to get everything i need to get my HOM up, but when i try and pick nightfall campaign, it is greyed out. Only prophecies is selectable. Anyone know if i have to play that one first or if i need to download the seperate expansions from another source, or can generally point me in the right direction?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Comments

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I find stuff that says i need to add a key of some sort to my account, but i bought it through NCSOFT, and they hide most of the key so i can't see it...

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by Toxia

So i just bought the platinum edition, downloaded the client, and logged in. Now with the platinum edition i am supposed to get everything i need to get my HOM up, but when i try and pick nightfall campaign, it is greyed out. Only prophecies is selectable. Anyone know if i have to play that one first or if i need to download the seperate expansions from another source, or can generally point me in the right direction?

Platinium edition is the "bare minimum" for HoM. It's just Prophecies + EotN pack. Both Nightfall and Factions are separate packs and You won't have access to it without buying them separately. 

"The Guild Wars Platinum Edition contains Guild Wars Prophecies (Game of the Year Edition) and the expansion Guild Wars: Eye of the North, which includes the Hall of Monuments, the trophy chamber that immortalizes your achievements and titles. With the Hall of Monuments, players earn points that they can redeem for exclusive rewards in Guild Wars 2 such as pets and weapon and armor skins."

In theory You can get up to ~43 points in just Prophecies and EotN but it would take considerabely more work than getting 30 with all campaigns avalible. 

Thanks, evidently the page saying

• A serial code for account creation.
    • Access to the full Guild Wars® game and Guild Wars: Eye of the North® expansion via downloadable client.
    • Bonus items, including seven exclusive weapons and a Fire Imp combat ally to assist in your adventures.
    • Access to the Hall of Monuments where you can earn exclusive rewards in Guild Wars 2®.

Doesn't really mean the entire game >_<

So...i should buy nightfall over the other to make things easier? Or is the other the better buy? Just want to get 30/50

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Nightfall will give you access to most heroes, I'd recommend getting it since they make everything much easier. However, a word of warning... don't think getting those points after the first few ones is going to be easy, I'd honestly say you'll need LOTS of playtime to get 30/50 before GW2 launches.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

You should buy Nightfall for 2 big reaons:

1st: Nightfall has the "heroes" feature, wich are non-playable but controlable characters that can assist you in your progression, wich, sad to say, taking 2 or 3 things that people usually do in a party, 95% of the game you will be doing it alone, and even henchies being helpful, heroes are so much better. So you should buy it and start the campaign in Nightfall.

2nd: the biggest player marketplace is the main city of the Nightfall campaign, in the US server, where sometimes you can find literally hundreds of players trading stuff. If you dont have it you will be severely limitated in your tradings.

Hope i helped. Gw1 is a solid game with great lore and breathtaking scenarios and music. You going to love it.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

What you wanted was the trilogy and Eye of the North. You would have gotten The M.O.X. Hero which is instant points for your HoM. :/

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

• Access to the full Guild Wars® game and Guild Wars: Eye of the North® expansion via downloadable client.
    • Bonus items, including seven exclusive weapons and a Fire Imp combat ally to assist in your adventures.
    • Access to the Hall of Monuments where you can earn exclusive rewards in Guild Wars 2®.

So...i should buy nightfall over the other to make things easier? Or is the other the better buy? Just want to get 30/50

If You want 30/50 the best thing would be to get both Factions and Nightfall allowing you to get max points from all the companion statues and cheaper prestige armours. 

Hate to say it, but you should have asked around prior to buying the Plat edition. You can often find full trilogy for that price and then +10-15$ or so for EotN these days. 

Thanks for the help guys, will buy nightfall as well. As for the time restrictions, that's a reason i waited so long lol. After playing the 'last month before release' excruciating waiting game with other MMO's i've waited for, I know this will keep me busy until gw2 comes out :D

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

It is 'technically' the full game as Prophecies/Factions/Nightfall are all stand-alone games that can be played without requiring any of the others.  EotN is, once again 'technically', the only expansion for the GW franchise.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

At least your account is playable.. I bought the platinum tonight too, played an hour logged out now its giving me the " account not recognized " BS

Needless to say Im a lil bit angry considering this is a bug that have had for over 2 years and are either too incompetent or lazy to fix...

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I just came back to GW with the hope of moving forward on my HoM for GW2 completion (looking forward to it... someday).

When I discovered a probelm with my account (GW not NCSoft) I bought the $50 bundle (29 & 19) from Steam and applied it to my account without issues. So now, I have all the exapansions + North.

Having spent the last few days gritting my teeth in Ascalon (at the Gate of Kryta now), would it be safe to say that I would be better off (again looking for HoM) starting a new character in Nightfall and moving on from there?

It seems that would be the way to go based on what I have read in this post but just wanted to make sure I am summarizing correctly.

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776
    Originally posted by Digna

Having spent the last few days gritting my teeth in Ascalon (at the Gate of Kryta now), would it be safe to say that I would be better off (again looking for HoM) starting a new character in Nightfall and moving on from there?

You are getting close to being able to have your Prophecies character head over to the Fasctions/Nightfall campaign areas, so you may as well stick it out so you don't lose any character progression. 

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Thanks, evidently the page saying A serial code for account creation. Access to the full Guild Wars® game and Guild Wars: Eye of the North® expansion via downloadable client. Bonus items, including seven exclusive weapons and a Fire Imp combat ally to assist in your adventures. Access to the Hall of Monuments where you can earn exclusive rewards in Guild Wars 2®.   Doesn't really mean the entire game >_<   So...i should buy nightfall over the other to make things easier? Or is the other the better buy? Just want to get 30/50

Toxia, I think you should that if you want to get 30 points in one month, you'll need to be REALLY, REALLY dedicated.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by Shoju
    Originally posted by Digna

You are getting close to being able to have your Prophecies character head over to the Fasctions/Nightfall campaign areas, so you may as well stick it out so you don't lose any character progression. 

Ah no kidding? Well that is what I c shall do. TYVM for the info.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

i hope Anet doesnt stick to this confusing crappy formula , they should of just added more content and allowed all the new classes be part of the orginal and just added the new zones to work when you got to them. I feel sorry for people that are trying to do Anet a favor and play their old game for the skins and pets in GW2 as they made it so confusing for any new player to come along and step into the game. Also I do not even know why this game is credited with being so great over the years and updated , its far from updated and you will see it as soon as you log in , UI graphics every all outdated since 2004. Out of every mmorpg out there i think GW has been the one that has probably done the least to actually improve their game. Im glad GW2 is nothing like GW1 or i think a lot of people would not be playing it as it is now GW1 is just painful to play .

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by cronius77

i hope Anet doesnt stick to this confusing crappy formula , they should of just added more content and allowed all the new classes be part of the orginal and just added the new zones to work when you got to them. I feel sorry for people that are trying to do Anet a favor and play their old game for the skins and pets in GW2 as they made it so confusing for any new player to come along and step into the game. Also I do not even know why this game is credited with being so great over the years and updated , its far from updated and you will see it as soon as you log in , UI graphics every all outdated since 2004. Out of every mmorpg out there i think GW has been the one that has probably done the least to actually improve their game. Im glad GW2 is nothing like GW1 or i think a lot of people would not be playing it as it is now GW1 is just painful to play .

If you were to consider the amount of revenue not used to upgrade the game, World of Warcraft would be the biggest offender and Guild Wars would be one of the best.  And seeing how it gets brought up every time anything positive gets said about GW I might as well bring it up now too. GW isn't an MMORPG, it's a CORPG.

On another note however. It looks like they have locked the character names to the respective accounts. So if you have two accounts and want to transfer a name by deleting a character and making it on your other account, it won't work. Just an FYI.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Clerigo

You should buy Nightfall for 2 big reaons:

1st: Nightfall has the "heroes" feature, wich are non-playable but controlable characters that can assist you in your progression, wich, sad to say, taking 2 or 3 things that people usually do in a party, 95% of the game you will be doing it alone, and even henchies being helpful, heroes are so much better. So you should buy it and start the campaign in Nightfall.

2nd: the biggest player marketplace is the main city of the Nightfall campaign, in the US server, where sometimes you can find literally hundreds of players trading stuff. If you dont have it you will be severely limitated in your tradings.

Hope i helped. Gw1 is a solid game with great lore and breathtaking scenarios and music. You going to love it.

That's good to know. I bought the trilogy on Steam and only played the original one's beginning area. Sounds like I should do Nighfall first to get the Heroes instead. Then go and do Prophecy and Factions.