Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CO Killer played wow

TrikkeTrikke Member Posts: 90

I have heard in the news that the CO. killer played wow and already the fake news media has again started saying that something has to be done about the influence of online activity on a child’s brain. Sighting a study from Chinese scientists that claims activities as simple as surfing the web can alter the brains chemical balance. What should we as gamers do to counter this clear attack to again attempt online censorship / control of the last place free speech actually exists?

Comments

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Originally posted by Trikke

I have heard in the news that the CO. killer played wow and already the fake news media has again started saying that something has to be done about the influence of online activity on a child’s brain. Sighting a study from Chinese scientists that claims activities as simple as surfing the web can alter the brains chemical balance. What should we as gamers do to counter this clear attack to again attempt online censorship / control of the last place free speech actually exists?

His mom said she knew something was wrong with him from childhood and always wanted to take him to a therapist but never did. Most parents like this always blame someone or something else. It's video games fault i bought my 12 year old a sword and he used it. Its the medias fault i had a gun laying on my dresser and my son shot his friend with it. Its the radios fault my son got bullied in school so went in with his friends and shot bullies. 

It's never the parents fault, thats just the way it is.

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

Yes, but now is not the time to talk about gun control. Lets blame the games, or wearing costumes to the theater!

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Well he obviously didn't play a hunter, he forgot to feign death after pulling agro.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Can you link to this clear attack so that we can properly rally against it?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I heard he was also drinking water: something must be done!!

And Hitler loved classical music, so every people who enjoy symphony may be a mass murderer?

geez...
  • QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

The media in America is diabolical.  First they blame guns, then they say he's a tea party member, now it's the internets fault.... How about he was just a nutcase born from modern society.  There is never 1 reason for actions like this...Just put him to death and be done with it.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by aSynchro
    I heard he was also drinking water: something must be done!!

And Hitler loved classical music, so every people who enjoy symphony may be a mass murderer?

geez...

This. I remember a similar comparison. 20-40% of all those who suffered from lung cancer were smokers but 95% of them ate cucumbers. So cucumbers are much more likely to cause lung cancer.

Originally posted by Cinatrot

Well he obviously didn't play a hunter, he forgot to feign death after pulling agro.

Haha.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I have heard in the news that the CO. killer played wow and ...

The quote I read was that he played some online game similar to wow.  Clearly that implies that it WASNT wow.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Dont blame the game, blame the parents.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

I remember writing a detailed report on video game violence and its connection to agression in impresionable individuals. Ultimately it comes down to bad parenting, and of course parents never like to admit they were bad at parenting.

Too many couples bring kids into this world that have no idea about how to be a responsible parent, and that in itself is what is causing the disconnect moreso then violence in entertainment.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

I remember writing a detailed report on video game violence and its connection to agression in impresionable individuals. Ultimately it comes down to bad parenting, and of course parents never like to admit they were bad at parenting.

Too many couples bring kids into this world that have no idea about how to be a responsible parent, and that in itself is what is causing the disconnect moreso then violence in entertainment.

Yes, it comes down to parenting and environment more than anything.

Anyone saying anything else is looking to point the finger at the gaming industry for their own gain, or shuck the blame off to someone else because they're another sack of shit parent.