Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Mists of Pandaria - September 25th!

Comments

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by adam_nox

a month into gw2 I doubt anyone is going to care.

What a lovely thought. It would certainly be nice, wouldn't it?

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

Keep trying to get a beta to try...much more interested in this one than Cataclysm, I enjoyed Wotlk, but because cata sucked I'm not going to dive in this.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by crazynanny

I just wonder if GW2 and WoW are really competitors, despite all the voices here. I mean no raids, no holy trinity, no end game gear grind. I feel I'm gonna see tons of GW2 rage when people discover that.

This is why people want to play GW2 [mod edit]

• zinger71zinger71 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I couldn't be happier at the announcement of an official release date...happier still that the haters will be playing something else.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

wow and people had a dig at the lotro expansion price tag..all expansions seem to have shot up by a heck of a load of money...but what the hell,the wife will be bitching at me to buy it.so i have no choice.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

TBH payed expansions are just as bad as microtransactions in a sub based game.

If just WoW had a Jita I would like to see some shooting of monuments...

• bestman22bestman22 Member UncommonPosts: 93

I still maintain if I get the expac it will be when blizz offers a return to game and get it for free... cataclysm sucked big time, hated the dungeons.   They just took too long and were too grueling... I loved doing Wrath dungeons, hated cataclysm... then they nerfed and changed and nerfed it till it became bearable, but even still when raids are easier than dungeons there is a problem.

They lost me though when they offered the return and get the expac and a free boost for 1 char to 80 for free.... that was it.

Now my attitude is give it to me for free and I will pay your sub, otherwise no point at all. 

Even with the beta you know that there will be many nerfs and changes once game goes live again and I am not paying to beta test when they patch it live and they change stats/weights whatever over the first few months after release. I am much happier playing world of tanks right now for free than playing cataclysm at all.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Will for sure buy and play .... but long years my favorite game have now 2nd place in my free time life, after SWTOR. On 3rd currently Rift. As for wow, enjoyed every minute with all my 10 alts leveling to max in Cata. Fortunately not being jobless or eternal student ... started to love endgame starting in wotlk and after lfg cross server come to life ... but Cata destroyed all my will to play endgame. From this perspective wow is no longer for me and will probably never be again. To many good games out there for altholic as I'm. And wondering how much will gw2 attract me or lost world.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I don't know yet whether I will buy it or not. What I do like though is, that Blizzard does not rip off european gamers the way many other companies do. Such as by selling a game in the US for 50$, and in the EU for 50€.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by maji

I don't know yet whether I will buy it or not. What I do like though is, that Blizzard does not rip off european gamers the way many other companies do. Such as by selling a game in the US for 50$, and in the EU for 50€.

The rip off is having to pay for it in the first place...

Edit: Let me explain that a bit more.

They are asking you to pay for an expansion that will actually make you keep playing and PAYING for thier game.

Read that again and think it over.

Do you see the greed at display there? I do...

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

smart move to cater to 14yr old and under crowd on Blizz behalph. They have lost their Vet player base and and more mmo experienced player to GW2.

not trollin- GW2 has no trolls.

:)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by orbitxo

smart move to cater to 14yr old and under crowd on Blizz behalph. They have lost their Vet player base and and more mmo experienced player to GW2.

not trollin- GW2 has no trolls.

:)

Lies!!!!  I fought a champion one in a grub infested cave with like 10 people.

• AthisioAthisio Member Posts: 72

Being that i enjoyed wow when i played my interest always peaks when i see something about mists of pandaria.... But i just can't  bring myself to get excited about playing a panda. Same with asian theme'd mmo's where you have the little children like races i just don't see the appeal in playing those.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

bah i will be busy playing gw2 :D , dont care about pandas and pokemon battles , and the same old dungeons/raids/quests...

the expansion theme , meh.....

the only thing that interest me is the new class ....that will be OP until 5.2 :P , hey they need to sell boxes ! its expected.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Following the debocle with the broken Diablo 3, here comes Blizzard greeting the player fan base with one more show of greediness.

Launching yet another expansion, on a monthly fee subscription based model, not only they do not lower the price of the expansion (when other companies do it for free), they dont give it away or at least with a small discount for long time paying customers, and they dont even offer a discount for those that bought the Diablo 3 mascarade and, still king of the hill in greedy terms, new gamers wanting to try the game need to buy not only the base game but all the expansions...

How can a company that brought us so many good things in the past, Diablo, Stracraft, Warcraft, WoW, be reduced to nothing more than a money making machine, with powerful marketing campaigns for weaker games...and the awe of it is that people continue to buy and play this weaker material and saying it is good.

The world will never change, when even in gaming we see unscrupulous companies feeding the pockets of the rich with the money of the ignorant and weaker minded.

Oh well, have fun those who are paying for it.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

hmmm i will pass on this one thank u, just as i passed on cata.....wotlk (and gear score) killed the game for me a long time ago......not even tempted to look back.

GW2 will be my next long term mmo.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

OP announces release date for an expac in what is, by orders of magnitude, the bigges MMO ever.

That followed by ten pages mostly filled with people who for some odd reason feel the need to tell everyone that they're "not buyin' no Kung Fu Panda!!!111!!!" -- because, umm, they think anyone cares? Or what? "Oh crap, poster XYZ isn't buying Mists, I must rethink whether I want it or not!"?

It's stunning to constantly be reminded of how far removed the denizens of this site are from the MMO mainstream, and how desperate they are for someone to notice. MMO hipsters, waiting for The Perfect Game that will never come.

At least it's all occasionally amusing.. In a pathetic train wreck sort of way. I'm expecting much amusement from GW2's inevitable fall from grace. So very far to fall, the crater should be epic. Don't let me down MMO hipsters, your reputation for vitriol and venom is on the line here.

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275

After a dissapointing BWE this past weekend, the more I played GW2 the less I liked I am looking forward to this. One thing Blizz has done well is capture the feeling of a world, GW2 does not there are no memorable places like Duskwood, TM etc, hope this turns out as polished as the rest.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400
    Originally posted by Myria

OP announces release date for an expac in what is, by orders of magnitude, the bigges MMO ever.

That followed by ten pages mostly filled with people who for some odd reason feel the need to tell everyone that they're "not buyin' no Kung Fu Panda!!!111!!!" -- because, umm, they think anyone cares? Or what? "Oh crap, poster XYZ isn't buying Mists, I must rethink whether I want it or not!"?

It's stunning to constantly be reminded of how far removed the denizens of this site are from the MMO mainstream, and how desperate they are for someone to notice. MMO hipsters, waiting for The Perfect Game that will never come.

At least it's all occasionally amusing.. In a pathetic train wreck sort of way. I'm expecting much amusement from GW2's inevitable fall from grace. So very far to fall, the crater should be epic. Don't let me down MMO hipsters, your reputation for vitriol and venom is on the line here.

So, and in conclusion?...no?

If you are playing single player games why you come here in the 1st place?...oh, you are playing mmorpg!..ok...but you expect to be playing alone or with people?

People, gamers, consumers, have a right to express their opinion about a given subject of their interest, and these forums are an apropriate place to do so. If you dont aprove the content of the forum, why read it in the 1st place? So you can fire some posts of yours ranting about stuff and take the moment to add that gw2 will fall big?

Whatever man. Carry on.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

I'm kind of surprised they didn't offer it for free.

Some people lament how wow has changed through the years, and I can say that I don't think it's changed all that much. I've changed.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by oubers

hmmm i will pass on this one thank u, just as i passed on cata.....wotlk (and gear score) killed the game for me a long time ago......not even tempted to look back.

GW2 will be my next long term mmo.

My thoughts exactly. My last wow expansion was cata. I gave wow one last chance after wotlk, thinking that somehow cata would be different... boy was I wrong! (won't make that mistake again). It's really unfortunate, cause I really enjoyed wow back in the day, now, it's all just more of the mindless same, gear grinding/farming/chasing, linear quests, and no matter how hard you try, you're always behind the gear-curve endlessly chasing for gear... reminds me of that game from south park where Stan gets addicted chasing after the dragon.

GW2 is my home now and though sometimes I do miss the good old wow days, I'm not looking back.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Every wow expansion is exactly the same, i can't understand why people keep throwing money at blizzard when blizzard give so little back.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Myria

No kidding. I think some posters here just like to hate on anything that is popular. WOW wasn't my cup of tea, but I don't deny or begrudge their success. 

I'm also looking forward to the inevitable GW2 debacle. After many months of watching their fanboys trash every game in existence it will be amusing to witness the fallout of god's gift to the MMO world. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Istavaan

Every wow expansion is exactly the same, i can't understand why people keep throwing money at blizzard when blizzard give so little back.

They give to themselves if that counts.  Have you seen the massive statues they have in their lobby?  Money that could have been better spent on players, but no... that money went to decorating their pad.  

Thumbs up Blizzard.  Anyway, MoP will be the worst selling WoW expansion yet.

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

I foresee private servers getting an influx of new players...

Wonder if any have tried to "do it right".

-Old Honor System

-Cata Expansion

-Cross faction communication

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.