Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your first thread and for that matter how big did it get?

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Grats to Clawzon on his first thread being a epic thread. Reminded me of mine Titled

Guys playing Girls vise versa thoughts comments......

It reached 118 replies. Do you remember your first post if so what was it? How big did it get?

image

«1

Comments

  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

    I don't know, but hus thread was just locked down for no reason...whatever...jeeez...mod was probably a serial ganker... ;-)

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

    Ya I just thought that wow what a way to make a new comer to mmorpg.com feel.

    image

  • SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183

    People love to discuss controversy. Funny, or typical actually, nothing is ever really agreed upon. Good thought food though.

    #TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

    Well lets get back on topic please thanks.

    image

  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,051

    But the topic in this forum is supposed to be MMO's isnt it?

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by madazz

    But the topic in this forum is supposed to be MMO's isnt it?

    True hey np if I get moved to OT I acualy was a bit torn as to were to start this thread because I refered to my very first thread that started it all was from the pub but anywho dont matter my bad move me if need to be.

    LOL now back to topic what was your first thread and for that matter how big did it get?

    image

  • DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

    Looking back through my history, seems like Looting: Need before Greed? was my first topic, in the FFXIV forums before the game launched. It went on for 8 pages and was impressively civil despite the fact that people had completely opposite opinions on the topic. I'd say it was a very good thread. Actually, all of my early posts were very good.

    Actually all of my later posts are very good too.

    image
  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Disdena

    Looking back through my history, seems like Looting: Need before Greed? was my first topic, in the FFXIV forums before the game launched. It went on for 8 pages and was impressively civil despite the fact that people had completely opposite opinions on the topic. I'd say it was a very good thread. Actually, all of my early posts were very good.

    Actually all of my later posts are very good too.


    Good topic I still get frustrated over Ninja looters. I love to kick them out of my group.

    image

  • maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

    At a time when there were a bunch of threads about "playstyle X is ruining my game", I raised the idea of forking a game.  It got one odd reply and vanished without a trace.

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by maplestone

    At a time when there were a bunch of threads about "playstyle X is ruining my game", I raised the idea of forking a game.  It got one odd reply and vanished without a trace.

    Well he did doom your thread lmao

    image

  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

    My first thread was a train wreck.  I posted cuz I was depressed and having problems with my partner at the time o.o

    ''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Castillle

    My first thread was a train wreck.  I posted cuz I was depressed and having problems with my partner at the time o.o

    Hey Castille I have always enjoy your threads and post. I hope you are doing well today. May you have a epic thread soon.

    image

  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,234
    Don't think I have ever started a thread. Most threads are pretty inane anyway or there is usually a perfectly good thread on he topic already.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

    Let's just say I've learned to NOT post under the influence of hypnotic/sedatives or euphoric stimulants.  image

     

    As for started threads, mostly polls to help understand people's position on topics and designs.  None did extraordinarily well in terms of quantity, but I do get helpful answers quite often.


    Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

    I don't remember my first thread but I blame you for making your first thread such a standard troll thread. That thread comes up maybe 2-3 times a year in one form or another.

    I made this one thread a while back "Massive" sandbox crowd is a myth which got over a thousand replies. I'm still waiting a title or an achievement on my avatar from the mods.

    I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by XAPGames

    Let's just say I've learned to NOT post under the influence of hypnotic/sedatives or euphoric stimulants.  image

     

    As for started threads, mostly polls to help understand people's position on topics and designs.  None did extraordinarily well in terms of quantity, but I do get helpful answers quite often.

    Thats true.

    I was particularly surprised by a poll I made about which method would produce better PvP players: Repetition (training) or discouragement - no death penalty vs harsh death penalty basically.

    It was about 50/50 if a recall correctly.

    I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Gorilla
    Don't think I have ever started a thread. Most threads are pretty inane anyway or there is usually a perfectly good thread on he topic already.

    Yes Gorilla most threads here are insane anyways. I took the liberty to look up your first post or first recorded post and found this:

    So I guess perma death would suit you hard core guys?

    Interesting thought I actually read some of that thread and ppl bought out how D2 used a perma death does D3? I honestly don't know since I have not played it or don't care to. Also DrSmaSh stated "I love death punishment. It just gives more thrill to the game. It's like playing WoW on PvE server... It's just not fun. No thrill... No fear of some lvl ?? corps camper. And I'm being serius here." Interesting thought back in '06 it seems that maybe gamers felt that camping players on a pvp server was part of the game and that they did not mind it because they were mature enough to realize hey its all in good fun. while here in '12 we cry are heads off and actually get plyers banned if they camp us for now it seems it is against ELU for some MMO's for this matter at hand. Wow things do change.

    image

  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

    Cannot answer because my first thread is so old, it's not on my posts list anymore :D

    Oldest i could find was around 2006 :(

    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by XAPGames

    Let's just say I've learned to NOT post under the influence of hypnotic/sedatives or euphoric stimulants.  image

     

    As for started threads, mostly polls to help understand people's position on topics and designs.  None did extraordinarily well in terms of quantity, but I do get helpful answers quite often.

    image

    image

  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,299

    I took a look at my post history and this one looks like my first thread, I didnt even remember it anymore.

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1439761#1439761



  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Quirhid

    I don't remember my first thread but I blame you for making your first thread such a standard troll thread. That thread comes up maybe 2-3 times a year in one form or another.

    I made this one thread a while back "Massive" sandbox crowd is a myth which got over a thousand replies. I'm still waiting a title or an achievement on my avatar from the mods.

    So you must feel that actually scientific studies about guys playing gal toons or vise versa are trollish also eh why do you yourself notice such threads that do come up? Trollish I think not after all many studies feel people love to RP learn that word. You will be surprised on how big it is today look up Larping or Cosplay lmao Kudos to your thousand replies but my first thread has Millions of people who care about role playing vs the thought of playing in a sandbox world. RP MMO's are after all Still at top of the gaming market not so much sandbox games. Oh hey I did not know they gave out titles or achievements here for threads? I want mine for wining the Lets-Play-a-Game.. thread.

    image

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by alakram

    I took a look at my post history and this one looks like my first thread, I didnt even remember it anymore.

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1439761#1439761

    Yes I agree grammar is very important when writing anything. For me so is spelling. Ty for your thread.

    image

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Fusion

    Cannot answer because my first thread is so old, it's not on my posts list anymore :D

    Oldest i could find was around 2006 :(

    Ya it seems that mmopg only goes back so far for archives. I did check out your first post from: Dranei VS Blood Elfs I have always favored the Dranei because I can not stand the male BE laugh.

    Nuff said.

    image

  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

    no idea - my post history gets cutoff at Aug 2006  ;)

     

    any first topic i did make, probably pertained to game news

  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,023

    Hmm, a sobering excercise.  Seems when I first joined MMORPG.com I was still a WOW fan, and spent many of my first posts defending the title.  image  How times have changed.

    As for my first thread, looking back about 285 pages I found what I believe to be my first one, and once again, my noobness clearly shows through.

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1045722#1045722

    I created an ill-thought out poll that dealt with my concern regarding potential imbalance in the 2 faction combat system that the upcoming title Warhammer might experience. (which I was spot on, just didn't correctly identify why it might occur)

    What I didn't realize is MMORPG players don't neccessarily chose a faction based on how attractive characters look in a MMORPG (sometimes they do I realize) or whether one side is good or evil, but the single most important factor apparently is how bad ass they look/act. (wearing lots of black/red of course)

    Unfortunately, my lack of research prior to creating my poll pretty much killed my thread, and it only ran for 62 posts.

    I've since learned the tricks of the trade when it comes to choosing forum topics, and if you really want to get a thread rolling hot you must 1st choose a good topic, generally something like promoting F2P, shouting that grouping is better than soloing, or defending some reprehensible behaivor such as Clawson did. image

    Also one must be extremely accurate and precise in the OP or people will derail the thread entirely, falling all over themselves to point out how "FAIL" it is in the first place. image

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






Sign In or Register to comment.