Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Constructive criticism, what should be improved,

Comments

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Some good criticisms.

Definitely agree with the need for a Que UI of some sort. I found myself trying to found how far into the Que I was during beta.

As for performance issues, I dunno.  Personally my performance was golden, and I don't consider myself as having an awesome PC. It's certainly decent, but not as good as some of the others playing this game. I think a lot of the complaints of graphics lag, or just lag in general may have less to do w/ the game than people think. It may be wierd player-specific problems, who knows.

Only time I've ever experienced noticeable lag was during huge WvW battles, which, given the amount of people on the screen at once (~100+) is definitely something to be expected, and my FPS still didn't drop to an unplayable rate. It definitely wasn't a slideshow.

• TarkaTarka Member Posts: 1,662
    Originally posted by Dickweed71

wow  the whine o meter hits the roof already .get over yourselfes  be patient...else go through the trouble create a company and make  ya own games...if you all know what needs to be done .some of you ppl are tiresome , annoying pessimists .

Not good enough ? D-O-N-T  play  its  that easy.

jumping in here making lotsa mimimi wont change notin.

Ladies and gentleman, presented for your enjoyment above is someone who cannot / will not acknowledge the difference between "concerns" / criticism and "whines" but instead prefers to generalise all negativity to be the same.  And thus applies the argument that "if you don't like it, don't buy it".

• TarkaTarka Member Posts: 1,662
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by Tarka
    Originally posted by LouieTuesday
    Originally posted by Creslin321

Even if you have no money at all, you could just make a "chessboard" with a piece of paper and a pencil, and then make the pieces with pieces of paper folded into a wedge with letters written on them.

Yeah, that's true. You could also go to a friends house and play GW2 for free.

You could play GW2 for free..and get dominated by the cash shop players UNTIL you hit real 80..(apparently)

I agree with you to a point there.

Given that both players are moving through content at the same pace, players that use the xp bonus for killing monsters 100% of the time will have a level advantage over players that use the xp boost 0% of the time in WvW. We don't know exactly how much of a level difference ther would be at this point. Perhaps 5 levels.

So given that, I agree that there will be an advanage for a short while for those that pay in WvW. Given a few more days, it would even out and be back to normal though and that is why I feel like it's not a big deal. Also, I think it will be extremely rare for someone to have an xp buff up 100% of the time.

erm.....one of us is completely misunderstanding the situation.  WvW players are all "buffed" to level 80.  Therefore the only advantage in WvW that one player would have over another when using the cash shop "buffs" is that they will get their additional abilities quicker than someone who doesn't.  Thus their "range" of abilities is greater, NOT the potency of them.

Right, I actually edited my post to add what you are describing. You understand it fine. But I will say this.

Even with the buffs up to 80ish stats, if you are 20, you will likely be a lot weaker than an 80 in top gear. The potency will likely not be as strong. Some people have been throwing out 10 or 15% weaker, but I don't think anyone really knows yet how large the disparity will be.

Hmmm, I hadn't considered the impact of "gear" to be honest.  So I suppose it's possible that unless kept in check, gear could indeed create a noticable "gulf" between players of high and low levels even with an auto-balancing system in place.

The question is, like you imply, will that difference offset what the auto-leveling system is intended to accomplish?

• KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by Koroshiya

What should be improved...how about having a point to the game?

Gear and stats and all that scale in W v W.........so yea log in and youre done. I really enjoy taking my time and sinking 50 hours into a game before i even get max level. I cant do that in this game..I just dont get it. If an actual level 80 is going to struggle to kill an actual level 17..whats the point of going to 80? Everythings practically even. 15% bonus MAYBE for the 80 for being a real 80..

I'm going out on a limb here and guess that GW2 is a bit like SWTOR in when it comes to "auto level balancing" for pvp i.e. players levels are auto changed to "level the playing field" but the players still retain whatever abilities they have gained up until that point, albeit scaled appropriate for the pvp battle.

Therefore, in theory, a player of a particular level in pvp will have more abilities/traits/utilties at their disposal than another player at a lower level (giving them a bit of an "edge").  Hence the "point" still remains in playing the game:  i.e. level up and gain abilities that (in theory) should be useful in pvp matches.  

Is that not the case with GW2? 

Maybe im confused? Everyone is saying were always on a level playing field and that this game is skill based.  If what you are saying is true, then im going to get stomped early on by people who use the cash shop to get 80 first? Now i dont even want to buy to try

How are they going to cash shop to 80 first?

Exp boosters. You KNOW whole guilds are going to abuse them and get to 80 fast and just kill lowbies and if its not a level playing field like i thought..i dont want to be killed all day.

I might be concerned if it wasn't already so easy to level, the exp boosters at least the ones I got as drops in game were for mob kills only, and honestly you get a majority of your exp not from AE grinding but events so yea, while it will help (or maybe the potions dropped are different then the ones in store I didn't check) it won't be cost effective imo.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• WhyhateWhyhate Member Posts: 41

IMO the game needs more longevity.

Im afraid GW2 won't hold me for more than 3-4 months.

Doing dungeons "because it's fun" is ok.... for a month or two... after that, it's the same problem that most MMOs with an endgame of gear treadmill have.... there is nothing to do once you finish all the content.

Where is the housing, guild wars, economy wars, player interaction, etc.

Same for the WwW, i don't know how fun is it going to be to PVP agains't people i don't even know for no other reason that being from a different server after 3 months.

But maybe im trying to see the big picture a bit too much.

• In my opinion the two main things that must be put into decent shape are:

1) overall performance.  I have decent performance myself, but its something needs to get sorted out

2)  WvW queuing and general population ratios.  There was a real problem in BWE3.  A very serious problem and was both acting whacky and not displaying usful information such as whether you were in a queue and what your status was.  This needs serious work.

The other stuff is just a few nice to haves.  The classes are very well balanced in general.  And I really don't care if a level 10 ele is somewhat off a level 10 ranger.  Dungeon finder  might be a good idea but overall again just a nice to have.  Especially since you can even do a dungeon until level 30.

• Originally posted by Whyhate

IMO the game needs more longevity.

Im afraid GW2 won't hold me for more than 3-4 months.

Doing dungeons "because it's fun" is ok.... for a month or two... after that, it's the same problem that most MMOs with an endgame of gear treadmill have.... there is nothing to do once you finish all the content.

Where is the housing, guild wars, economy wars, player interaction, etc.

Same for the WwW, i don't know how fun is it going to be to PVP agains't people i don't even know for no other reason that being from a different server after 3 months.

But maybe im trying to see the big picture a bit too much.

I don't think this critqiue will bear out.  You are assuming the content is static.  The final zone of Orr has far far more dynamic events than other zones.  It has no renown hearts at all.  Additionally it has zone wide effects and the DE's themselves have a spider web of interactions between.

The term "finish all the content" does not translate to that zone the way it would in WoW or EQ.  The zone in Orr will most likely never quite be exactly the same.

Will you see events you have seen before?  Yes of course.  But that is not the same things as finishing the content.

In  WoW/EQ  you do one encounter and you know what is happening next.  Or you goto one area its always the same mobs with the same pathings.

In Orr you won't be able to predict what will happen next and even if you have done a particular path before there are the zone wide effects that happen as well and probably just other random elements.

Theoretically you should be able to log into the game goto Orr and think to youself "Hey I wonder what is going on now?".  Rather than going through a shopping list of things to mark off and then say "Well I am done, content finished".

Even if you eventually wind up having seen a version of each event in the zone after say 3 months of gameplay.  It still will not be the same effect as a static game.  GW2 zones are in a state of flux.  Orr is supposed to be in a very complex state of flux.

Will people eventually get tired of even that?  Sure.  People get tired of everything.  But I think any analysis based upon the idea of "I finished the content" when it comes to the zones is irreparably flawed and shouldn't be used.  Now I can see this for the dungeons, but for the zone like Orr which are intended for endgame I think its a horrible mistake.

It will be interesting to see what kind of pattern people fall into for this stuff.  But I guarantee you the pattern will not be the same as WoW/EQ.  Also GW2 dungeons already have some randomly done events in them as sort of mini boss type things to make each run more unique.  I would not call what i have seen so far in that to be a gamechanger when it comes to dungeons, just kind of cool.  But Anet could expand on this to make dungeon runs have considerably more variety.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Two more points of criticisme come to mind.

12. Particle effects

In mass events the particle events most of the time block my view entirely. With a game that requires me reacting to the mobs actions this is unwanted, unless its something thats meant to work like the fog of battle.  They need to tone these down and make these effects more transparrant. Its a big irritator for me.

13. PvE mobs getting out of AoE spells

Last BWE the mobs allways kept standing in the middle of AoE. Now they allways move out,  Sometimes working like an AoE fear. This is just very very bad Ai. I can imagine cartain type of mobs trying to get out of AoE, but not all of them in every situation making AoE almost totally useless in solo PvE

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

First of, this allready is the best MMO released since WoW for me and many likeminded people.  But even the best MMO is far from perfect. 

I will start this post, with the things i think (my opinion) should be improved either before or after Release. I would like you to add your own opinions.  Try to keep the mannifesto in mind with these improvements, so it doesnt turn intoo a whole different game after our changes. And add your own opinions to the thread instead of shooting other for their opinions. After all everyone is entitled to their own opinion. right?

1. Ballancing,

Class ballance espescially in low level PvE is way off, an Elementalis doing half the DPS of a ranger while being so much squishier.   In PvE it hurts a lot that Magic damage has been nerfed all over the place, while Bowdamage and Mellee damage stays where it used to be. Currently classes like Mesmer, Rogue and Elementalist dont do any good DPS at lower level PvE while being much squishier then the Mellee based classes that have much more solo survivabillity  while doing better DPS. Arenanet has stated they can ballance DPS seperately for PvE and PvP, yet obviously they havent used this tool to much(not at all) BWE3 felt way more unballanced then BWE1.

Its a continues effort, and they are currently working very hard on this

2. Graphics performance.

The performance and the hardware support of the different systems is all over the place. Still the engine is relying to much on CPU and not enough on the latest GPU´s. Al lot of optimisation together with AMD and Nvidia needs to be done. 

Its confirmed that they are optimising both the engines support for graphics cards as the graphicscards drivers are updated for the game

3. Pixels Textures and such

In the 2 new starter zones it was obvious to me that the textures of the ground and such where way less detailed then in for example the human starterzone. On top of that they could have added a lot more feeling to these zones by adding more grasses and plants on the ground. even despite the fact that the Sylvari zone felt awesome, it could even have been better with more detailed rock and ground textures.

In general it would not hurt the game if they finally added the prommised very high graphics settings. espescially if they could do this without disimproving the lowest settings. 

On the other hand people should realise they should make their final settings based on their performance during Major mass events, and not based on their performance in an empty zone.

4. Quest bugs

Espescially in the 2 new zones there where more quest bugs then in the oldeer zones, obviously because they have been added later and havent been tested as toroughly. Personally i had 4 or 5 quest/event bugs this BWE while i only had 1 in the previous BWE.  1 was really bad as it obstructed me from finishing my Sylvari personal story.

If everyone reported his bugs, most should be ridden by release

5. WvWvW Queues

This patch they doubled the max population of the different servers, however they could not raise the population of the WvWvW zones, resulting in very very long queues on probably all servers. As obviously the WvWvW populations are maxed out, this could become a major point of citcisme, espescially since dropover servers dont work for WvWvW. This will probably be the hardest part for Arenanet to solve, dont be surprised if on average people want to spend 50% of their playtime in WvWvW. People will get sad if they get home late and find their WvWvW servers filled up. I dont see any short time solutions for this, long term solution could be adding more mass PvP options, but thats not an easy task.  I predict this to be the major criticism and whining thing in like 3 months after release.

6. SPvP diversity

There is only one structured PvP system. Conquering the 3 strategic points on a map. Sure there a allready 4 different maps, but only with minor differences. With all the diversity thats possible in these maps, More very different types becomming a demand by the player base is just a matter of time, Anet shoudl be prepaired for this. 

7. Personal Story.

Once the personal story is finished, people will want to have more stories to engage. Sure you can help others and live their personal stories with them, but people will want to have more of their own stories to live/read/adventure.  I somehow hope that after my personal story ends, there will be new stories for me available to engage. But...  most current personal stories are very generic in nature (epic fantasy) and i think newer stories should add more darkness and unexpected plots to the world. I hope that higher level stories can make my choices really really matter.  There is a lot of room for improvement in future story mode.

8. Low level is to easy

Currently doing low level soloing and events it feels like they tweaked it to far down, and people are facerolling events in low level zones. On top of that they are soloing vetteran mobs of equall or higher level much to easy. maybe we(early players) have become so much better, but i doubt that is the reason. I can imagine it will be okay for first time player if it is so easy, but people will visit the low level zones many many more times, and then there is just not enough challenge. 

On top of easy mode being to easy, if at later levels the game becomes harder the players used to easy mode in low level zone will start whining its to hard, and finally the whole game will get easy mode just like to many other MMO´s have proven in the past. There should be a ballance between easy mode and challenging, currently in the lower level zones  the ballance has traveled to far to easy mode.

Confirmed by Arenanet and they are tweaking it back

9. Dungeon finder tool

I think any game that is mostly build around soloing (Or as GW2 does Cooping) should have a dungeon finder for easy PUG forming. Espescially when you read the mannifest GW2 should have such a thing to take away the annoyance of LFG shouts for 40 minutes or more. (Yes i prefer Guildgroups too)  

10. Worldwide server events

So far they have been rather fun and diverse, but they where also very buggy. Having these things on a regular interval will be awesome if they can finetune reliabillity much much further.

(I can think of some more criticisme, but i will leave that for later further down the thread)  

EDIT;  Some major issues i forgot about

11. AoE targetting

Frankly it does not work for me, espescially when targetting uphill.  It obviously has to do with cammera movement, but it is really really bad and needs to be improved before release. 

12. Particle effects

In mass events the particle events most of the time block my view entirely. With a game that requires me reacting to the mobs actions this is unwanted, unless its something thats meant to work like the fog of battle.  They need to tone these down and make these effects more transparrant. Its a big irritator for me.

Last BWE the mobs allways kept standing in the middle of AoE. Now they allways move out,  Sometimes working like an AoE fear. This is just very very bad Ai. I can imagine cartain type of mobs trying to get out of AoE, but not all of them in every situation making AoE almost totally useless in solo PvE

Confirmed by Arenanet, only elitist mobs and bosses should have had this behaviour and not all mobs.

Bumping my post, there just are to many posts criticising the game not based on facts and general BWE player concensus.  So far these 13 points pretty much tell people what is happening, if Arenanet is taking actions, i put those in this post..

please if you know more about Arenanets actions on certain points of criticisme, please post them here

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

What should be improved...how about having a point to the game?

Gear and stats and all that scale in W v W.........so yea log in and youre done. I really enjoy taking my time and sinking 50 hours into a game before i even get max level. I cant do that in this game..I just dont get it. If an actual level 80 is going to struggle to kill an actual level 17..whats the point of going to 80? Everythings practically even. 15% bonus MAYBE for the 80 for being a real 80..

I'm going out on a limb here and guess that GW2 is a bit like SWTOR in when it comes to "auto level balancing" for pvp i.e. players levels are auto changed to "level the playing field" but the players still retain whatever abilities they have gained up until that point, albeit scaled appropriate for the pvp battle.

Therefore, in theory, a player of a particular level in pvp will have more abilities/traits/utilties at their disposal than another player at a lower level (giving them a bit of an "edge").  Hence the "point" still remains in playing the game:  i.e. level up and gain abilities that (in theory) should be useful in pvp matches.  

Is that not the case with GW2? 

Maybe im confused? Everyone is saying were always on a level playing field and that this game is skill based.  If what you are saying is true, then im going to get stomped early on by people who use the cash shop to get 80 first? Now i dont even want to buy to try

There are 2 TYPES of PvP in Guild Wars 2 and they work differently.

sPVP: EVERYONE is levelled up to 80, given all traits unlocked, all skills available and the same gear as everyone else. You make your build and play.

WvWvW: EVERYONE is levelled up to 80 but you keep the traits/skills/gear you had. Your gear is boosted up to have same bonuses a level 80 whatever would have and your skills will do level 80 damage, but yes, if you are not truly level 80 you miss traits, elite skills and other stuff.

Also stop trolling, you are very evident in your efforts.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

1. Ballancing,

Balancing issues will never disappear, we'll have nerfs and buffs coming during the game's lifetime, that's natural. What is needed is to split skills for PVE/PVP, it took them so many years to do it in Guild Wars 1, I hope they understand how important it is sooner for Guild Wars 2

2. Graphics performance.

It's funny how rather old hardware is supported very well, but newer hardware has issues. Also, judging by my and my friend's experience AMD cards tend to have no issues as the game worked flawlessly on both an old 5850 and a newer 6850 by using the "auto detect", the 5850 was at around 80% usage, so the game was actually using the GPU and not only the CPU. As expected, the 6850 didn't have any problems even on the highest settings. From what I understand, most problems occur on NVIDIA GPUs, those problems must be solved before release. Also, I find it odd there is no "view distance" graphic option, even on my 5850 I could use the highest graphic settings when in my Personal Story instances or a few open world dungeons, but when the distance was high I was getting 5FPS, a "view distance" slider is needed IMO.

For some odd reason the "high resolution textures" graphic option wasn't working. I didn't notice a difference when I had it on or off. More grass is also needed but only with a "view distance" slider, so grass further away fades quickly, to boost FPS. Having tons of grass, even at higher distances will have a huge FPS drop.

4. Quest bugs

I didn't notice any quest bugs in the Asura area but I found a few bugged skill challenges, I've come to the conclusion that Anet will never have 100% perfect skill challenges....

5. WvWvW Queues

Upping server population but keeping WvWvW population limit the same was a bad idea. Since most servers where either on high population or almost full I expect more servers to open for release.

6. SPvP diversity

They already said that Conquest will be the only sPVP gametype at launch, but more of them will become available soon. More variety is indeed needed.

7. Personal Story.

I hope they won't follow the SWTOR way and forget the Personal Story.

8. Low level is to easy

They made the game very very easy, I remember viewing a video of a warrior fighting an Ettin and I think that was bugged, the Ettin was hitting the warrior for a pitiful amount of damage. Also, some champion bosses are very hard to kill, and some Personal Story quests are very hard as well. What they should do is have a more proper difficulty progression, start easy and start raising the difficulty slowly. That way the game won't be easy and it will help people fight the harder fights without dying a thousand times.

9. Dungeon finder tool

I don't think a dungeon finder is needed because there is no trinity, you won't be looking for a healer or tank. But, it sure will make map chat better, removing those dungeon LFG comments.

I think they should leave those for special occasions and events, rather than make them permanent. They were all very buggy but they were also unique, there is no way to have that kind of experience in the game right now, so I wasn't expecting them to be anything but buggy.

11. AoE targetting

What was the problem? I didn't have problems with the AoE targetting on my Mesmer,Guardian,Elementalist. Did you have the "easier ground targetting option" checked because I didn't, maybe it's bugged or something?

12. Particle effects

A slider to throttle down particle effects would be nice, like having only yours appear, or only those of your party. It's hard to evade or fight properly as melee when the enemy is showered with particles.

I remember when they made the AI exit AoE spell areas in Guild Wars 1, it made lots of people cry. Only usable by some mobs would be nice, but having all mobs dodge in later areas (to up the difficulty even on smaller events) would also be nice.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

The only thing I would like them to add for now is the ability to assign any weapon ability to any of the hotbar slots. The discovery order would of course remain the same.

I have no other problems. Unlike people who started MMOs with WoW, I've played a lot of games without dungeon finder and it worked just fine... and guess what, people actually communicated! Performance wise, the game runs surprisingly smooth on my older computer (Phenom II x4 940 @3.4ghz, 8gb DDR2-800 RAM, ATI HD6870 1GB DDR5), and even more surprising, doesn't slow down even just a bit even when there's massive WvW action on the screen.

I found the textures in the Asura and Sylvari areas just as good as anywhere else, but of course dirt, earth and grass will have a different look that stone and cobbles, what did you expect?

The only point I'd agree is that they could add a graphic settings slider to augment or reduce particle effects.

PVE mobs going out of AOE is actually good AI.. I mean, you, as a player, would you stand in the AOE like an idiot, or run out of it? The animals and other non sentient beings like slimes and such are less smart than humanoids on this by the way, as it should be. Try it next time you play.

PS: saying Elementalists don't do any good DPS is... let's say it's strange, to stay within the forum rules. I have no idea how you played your Elementalist, but even at low level, I was doing massive damage with him.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by ItsGopher

1) Isn't this how most games are? Certain classes will be stronger throughout different phases/aspects of the game. Some will shine more than others.

Only took Blizzard about 8 years to realize that "healers" needed to have some basic ability at damage output, too.

Yeah, this is normal.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Im probably gona get flamed but oh well...

1. Remove "levels" - you get scaled down, why not get scaled up and hide the actual numbers.

2. Make a seamless integration of zones. - lose the gates, try a streaming approach?
    3. more horizontal progression options. - more ways to make you character seem unique

None of these will be integrated And i don't expect them too.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Nitth

1. Remove "levels" - you get scaled down, why not get scaled up and hide the actual numbers.

2. Make a seamless integration of zones. - lose the gates, try a streaming approach?
    3. more horizontal progression options. - more ways to make you character seem unique

originally i thought they were going to be doing upscaling for PVE. 

as a hopeless altaholic i was excited about the idea of playing with all my friends any time.. then theres how much it would really open the world up..  alas though we are in the minority :)

i can understand why they went the way they did with it i guess.. just wish they hadn't!

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn
    Originally posted by Nitth

originally i thought they were going to be doing upscaling for PVE. 

as a hopeless altaholic i was excited about the idea of playing with all my friends any time.. then theres how much it would really open the world up..  alas though we are in the minority :)

i can understand why they went the way they did with it i guess.. just wish they hadn't!

Its a casual peoples game, and also casualls need a feel of progression, and the gates will stay there because the engine does not yet support a more seemless implementation of zone borders.

I am a big fan of more horizontal progession through an AA system... which would allow more diversitty instead of adding more strength

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Its a casual peoples game, and also casualls need a feel of progression,
    At this point going on what "they enjoy" about the game, what they really want is an action adventure game as opposed to a traditional computer role playing game.

the gates will stay there because the engine does not yet support a more seemless implementation of zone borders.
    You say that with such certainty without seeing any actual code. none the less even if it wasnt there they could implement it if they wanted / deemed it profitable.[/quote]

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265

9. Dungeon finder tool

I think any game that is mostly build around soloing (Or as GW2 does Cooping) should have a dungeon finder for easy PUG forming. Espescially when you read the mannifest GW2 should have such a thing to take away the annoyance of LFG shouts for 40 minutes or more. (Yes i prefer Guildgroups too)  

With some I agree and with some I don't. But I give a big fat NO to 9)

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Comments to your critique:

1: Yeah, Ele and Rogue need some dmg up, Mesmer prolly too, but I had not played that class enough.

2: Agreed too, GW2 really need a graphic card based optimization. Sorely.

8: I disagree here. I like it the way it is. It was too grindy and difficult in many cases before, this making it easier in lower level was IMO the right thing.

9: I guess a dungeon finder would help.

Overall, this is a really good example for GOOD and constructive critizism, as contrary to bashing. I don't agree to everything, only some, but a fair and good way to critizise and comment. image

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189

I totally agree with number 9

Not having a Dungeon Finder was a big stroke that helped kill SWTOR. Anet needs to add one pronto or they're going to have a real problem.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

way to grindy to level. rather they remove levels all together.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

way too grindy to level. rather they remove levels all together.

Seriously? Grindy? On crack much?

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

way to grindy to level. rather they remove levels all together.

http://www.fpsguru.com

Enjoy!

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281

First of, this allready is the best MMO released since WoW for me and many likeminded people.  But even the best MMO is far from perfect. 

I will start this post, with the things i think (my opinion) should be improved either before or after Release. I would like you to add your own opinions.  Try to keep the mannifesto in mind with these improvements, so it doesnt turn intoo a whole different game after our changes. And add your own opinions to the thread instead of shooting other for their opinions. After all everyone is entitled to their own opinion. right?

1. Ballancing,

Class ballance espescially in low level PvE is way off, an Elementalis doing half the DPS of a ranger while being so much squishier.   In PvE it hurts a lot that Magic damage has been nerfed all over the place, while Bowdamage and Mellee damage stays where it used to be. Currently classes like Mesmer, Rogue and Elementalist dont do any good DPS at lower level PvE while being much squishier then the Mellee based classes that have much more solo survivabillity  while doing better DPS. Arenanet has stated they can ballance DPS seperately for PvE and PvP, yet obviously they havent used this tool to much(not at all) BWE3 felt way more unballanced then BWE1.

2. Graphics performance.

The performance and the hardware support of the different systems is all over the place. Still the engine is relying to much on CPU and not enough on the latest GPU´s. Al lot of optimisation together with AMD and Nvidia needs to be done. 

In the 2 new starter zones it was obvious to me that the textures of the ground and such where way less detailed then in for example the human starterzone. On top of that they could have added a lot more feeling to these zones by adding more grasses and plants on the ground. even despite the fact that the Sylvari zone felt awesome, it could even have been better with more detailed rock and ground textures.

In general it would not hurt the game if they finally added the prommised very high graphics settings. espescially if they could do this without disimproving the lowest settings. 

On the other hand people should realise they should make their final settings based on their performance during Major mass events, and not based on their performance in an empty zone.

4. Quest bugs

Espescially in the 2 new zones there where more quest bugs then in the oldeer zones, obviously because they have been added later and havent been tested as toroughly. Personally i had 4 or 5 quest/event bugs this BWE while i only had 1 in the previous BWE.  1 was really bad as it obstructed me from finishing my Sylvari personal story.

5. WvWvW Queues

This patch they doubled the max population of the different servers, however they could not raise the population of the WvWvW zones, resulting in very very long queues on probably all servers. As obviously the WvWvW populations are maxed out, this could become a major point of citcisme, espescially since dropover servers dont work for WvWvW. This will probably be the hardest part for Arenanet to solve, dont be surprised if on average people want to spend 50% of their playtime in WvWvW. People will get sad if they get home late and find their WvWvW servers filled up. I dont see any short time solutions for this, long term solution could be adding more mass PvP options, but thats not an easy task.  I predict this to be the major criticism and whining thing in like 3 months after release.

6. SPvP diversity

There is only one structured PvP system. Conquering the 3 strategic points on a map. Sure there a allready 4 different maps, but only with minor differences. With all the diversity thats possible in these maps, More very different types becomming a demand by the player base is just a matter of time, Anet shoudl be prepaired for this. 

7. Personal Story.

Once the personal story is finished, people will want to have more stories to engage. Sure you can help others and live their personal stories with them, but people will want to have more of their own stories to live/read/adventure.  I somehow hope that after my personal story ends, there will be new stories for me available to engage. But...  most current personal stories are very generic in nature (epic fantasy) and i think newer stories should add more darkness and unexpected plots to the world. I hope that higher level stories can make my choices really really matter.  There is a lot of room for improvement in future story mode.

8. Low level is to easy

Currently doing low level soloing and events it feels like they tweaked it to far down, and people are facerolling events in low level zones. On top of that they are soloing vetteran mobs of equall or higher level much to easy. maybe we(early players) have become so much better, but i doubt that is the reason. I can imagine it will be okay for first time player if it is so easy, but people will visit the low level zones many many more times, and then there is just not enough challenge. 

On top of easy mode being to easy, if at later levels the game becomes harder the players used to easy mode in low level zone will start whining its to hard, and finally the whole game will get easy mode just like to many other MMO´s have proven in the past. There should be a ballance between easy mode and challenging, currently in the lower level zones  the ballance has traveled to far to easy mode.

9. Dungeon finder tool

So far they have been rather fun and diverse, but they where also very buggy. Having these things on a regular interval will be awesome if they can finetune reliabillity much much further.

(I can think of some more criticisme, but i will leave that for later further down the thread)  

EDIT;  Some major issues i forgot about

11. AoE targetting

Frankly it does not work for me, espescially when targetting uphill.  It obviously has to do with cammera movement, but it is really really bad and needs to be improved before release. 

12. Particle effects

Good Morning,

A lot of these things are issues or bug fixes that I see them correcting over time. I do see your point though. On the dungeon finder aspect...I'm not sure that I want that in game. Then again who knows maybe if they implemented it correctly then it would pay off, however there are no set roles in this game so if they did I would imagine it would be very simple at best as most can play any role. I would say let the game come out then see what can be updated. Good post though.