Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS2 Beta Key Giveaway

KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576

Hi,

Wasnt sure if this was common knowledge, but Planetside 2 are giving away lots of Beta keys at the moment, via twitter. They have two ways of doing it - 

There are two or three PS2 devs who work in rotation using the PS2 twitter account. Each of them has their own style but they all:

Firstly, they each give away (randomly throughout the day) lots of beta keys with a * (star) in the key so you cant copy and paste it. Its then a mad rush to see who can input the key first on their website. If you do it, you got beta access.

Secondly, they reward creativity and friendly banter. Get chatting to the devs basicially - if your funny or original, chances are they will send you a key as a reward (and you dont need to even be "that" funny or creative!).

I (for example) saw someone get a key for simply offering to send them a cookie, so I replied and said "sod that, I will send you a chocolate olympic medal all the way from london" to which I was sent a reply "We got a deal" and a beta key arrived in my twitter DM. Also - chatting about your fav Planetside 1 moments are also a way to get one. 

Sometimes they will also throw out a question about PS2 or its trailer, and the first X people to tweet back correctly all get a key.

The main twitter feed they use is:  @planetside2 and the devs are [BKB] (Beta Key Bill) and Valkrie (and another who's name I forget).

Then you also have @PS_TRay - who is theTRay, the Senior Art Director on the game, who is also giving keys out when hes online in the same way as above.

I'm sure tons of you know about it already, but its been going on for days now and I'm a sure alot of folk who dont use twitter might have missed it. 

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

Comments

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Lol actually saw your tweet with the picture of the medal, asking where to send it.

• Loverboy85Loverboy85 Member UncommonPosts: 65

some guy submitted a blizzard made image of a starcraft 2 reaper unit and got a key lol 

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

I tried getting a beta key from twitter for the last 2 weeks but no luck even made some art:

if any1 have a key to share i have also a key for Firefall to give..just PM me.

• ZimoHZimoH Member UncommonPosts: 20

I hate twitter but loooove PS2.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

i got the key from this guy . @PS_TRay  .so do yourself a favor .follow this guy and get the key . no queues , no stupid competition required . peace

• HellwarlordHellwarlord Member UncommonPosts: 14

Good evening everyone.

If you have 1 key to share i would like to accept it from you and be your friend during beta (:

PM me.

• warbuddhawarbuddha Member Posts: 4

Every day that goes by I don't get a beta key a kitten dies!

Jk I love cats

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
    I would love PS2 Beta Key too!
  • YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    can't watch twitter the whole day, can somebody send me a beta key?