Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Cause 2 - highly recommended sandbox open world game

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

On sale for the next 8 hours on Steam for $3.75. Can't recommend it enough at that price. Once you complete the tutorial missions, it has a HUGE open world to explore. 

Relative game world size compared:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/05/19/video-game-world-size-compared/

Check out some gameplay vids. It's always nice to find a great game that you somehow missed!

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Yeah, I've owned it for over 2 years and still play it from time to time. It's a great game with the largest open world I've ever seen. It's kinda a mix of James Bond(Spy stuff) meets GTA IV(Stealing cars, shoot anyone, etc...) meets Spiderman(The Grapple is a hoot) gameplay wise. It's a great game all the way around. I can't recommend it enough either.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I know the sale is past, but I have to agree that Just Cause 2 is definitely a great game to have. It's good for just screwing around in a massive open world and see what sort of havoc you can cause. Plus the game is just simple gorgeous if you have the hardware for it.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    I loved the open world aspect of the game but couldn't stand the save-game feature, and the non-persistance of the world itself.