Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is just simply horrific

Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Gunman turns 'Batman' screening into real-life 'horror film'

The suspect in the mass shooting at an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater screening of the new Batman film early Friday had colored his hair red and told police he was "the Joker," according to a federal law enforcement source with detailed knowledge of the investigation.

At least 12 people were killed in the rampage and 58 were injured, one fewer than earlier reported. Of those injured "nearly everyone was shot," Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said Friday night, adding that a handful of people were hurt in the resulting chaos.

Ten of the victims were killed inside the theater while two others died at hospitals. As of Friday evening, the 10 bodies had been removed from the complex and authorities were preparing to begin "the agonizing process" of notifying families, Oates said.

A mug shot of suspect James E. Holmes has not been released. Witnesses to the shooting described him as wearing a gas mask that concealed much of his face and head. But the federal law enforcement source's information about the suspect's appearance fits with a statement from New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, who was briefed by Colorado authorities Friday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html

 

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

Comments

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

    Yes very Sad indeed. This coward seems to be a loner and people who think more of themselves and think they are powerful are pathetic, arrogant. douche bags. It will not surprise me one bit if this piece of crap was dump by some woman who would not go out with him and this put him over the edge. It would not surprise me if he played MMO's and has a rare comic book collection. Do not get me wrong I am not blaming this on such media but apparently this degenerate could not separate real life over fiction after his statement of proclaiming himself  "The Joker" Of course I am just guessing but it seems that this sad sack profile comes across this way. It would surprise me but not shock if this filth did it for religious or political reasons. 

    My heart goes out to all the victims. May they find peace someday.

    image

  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

    Id be interested in seeing how this will affect the movies revenue after its long run.

  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by Isturi

    Yes very Sad indeed. This coward seems to be a loner and people who think more of themselves and think they are powerful are pathetic, arrogant. douche bags. It will not surprise me one bit if this piece of crap was dump by some woman who would not go out with him and this put him over the edge. It would not surprise me if he played MMO's and has a rare comic book collection. Do not get me wrong I am not blaming this on such media but apparently this degenerate could not separate real life over fiction after his statement of proclaiming himself  "The Joker" Of course I am just guessing but it seems that this sad sack profile comes across this way. It would surprise me but not shock if this filth did it for religious or political reasons. 

    My heart goes out to all the victims. May they find peace someday.

    He's mentally unstable and it has caused him to do this thing and nothing else.

    His reasons for doing it are not relevant since they are derived from mental illness.

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Hazelle
    Originally posted by Isturi
    He's mentally unstable and it has caused him to do this thing and nothing else.

    His reasons for doing it are not relevant since they are derived from mental illness.

    This is a excuse in essence you are saying that if guy who has a high I.Q. and all other people who are like him have a free ticket to go on a killing spree. If they are not in a nut farm and if they are going to collage and holding down a job and are contributing to society then they are stable enough to be held for their own actions. DO NOT give them a excuse!!

    image

  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by Isturi
    Originally posted by Hazelle
    Originally posted by Isturi
    He's mentally unstable and it has caused him to do this thing and nothing else.

    His reasons for doing it are not relevant since they are derived from mental illness.

    This is a excuse in essence you are saying that if guy who has a high I.Q. and all other people who are like him have a free ticket to go on a killing spree. If they are not in a nut farm and if they are going to collage and holding down a job and are contributing to society then they are stable enough to be held for their own actions. DO NOT give them a excuse!!

    If you had a free ticket to go on a killing spree would you do it or would you rip that ticket up and burn it?  Do you think that the issue a lot more than just simply giving people an excuse to spree kill?

    You can be culpable and mentally ill at the same time.

    You can be functional and mentally ill at the same time.

    A mentally ill person doesn't require an excuse in any form to do the things that they do.

    Out of the two of us which do you think would seek external help long before something tragic like this happened?  Out of the two of us which do you think would see mental illness in the people around us and have a conversation with them about getting help?  That's what I would like people to do, but in order for that to happen we need to recognize mental illness for what it is and blaming music or movies or comic books for these instances just doesn't help - blame mental illness.

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Hazelle
    Originally posted by Isturi
    Originally posted by Hazelle
    Originally posted by Isturi
    He's mentally unstable and it has caused him to do this thing and nothing else.

    His reasons for doing it are not relevant since they are derived from mental illness.

    This is a excuse in essence you are saying that if guy who has a high I.Q. and all other people who are like him have a free ticket to go on a killing spree. If they are not in a nut farm and if they are going to collage and holding down a job and are contributing to society then they are stable enough to be held for their own actions. DO NOT give them a excuse!!

    If you had a free ticket to go on a killing spree would you do it or would you rip that ticket up and burn it?  Do you think that the issue a lot more than just simply giving people an excuse to spree kill?

    You can be culpable and mentally ill at the same time.

    You can be functional and mentally ill at the same time.

    A mentally ill person doesn't require an excuse in any form to do the things that they do.

    Out of the two of us which do you think would seek external help long before something tragic like this happened?  Out of the two of us which do you think would see mental illness in the people around us and have a conversation with them about getting help?  That's what I would like people to do, but in order for that to happen we need to recognize mental illness for what it is and blaming music or movies or comic books for these instances just doesn't help - blame mental illness.

    OK yes all good points TY

    Here is a link you maybe intreasted in then:

    http://gma.yahoo.com/james-holmes-goofy-behavior-sign-psychosis-faking-expert-142209134--abc-news-topstories.html

    Now if he is faking it were dose this conversation go from here?

    image

  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by Isturi
    Originally posted by Hazelle
    Originally posted by Isturi
    Originally posted by Hazelle
    Originally posted by Isturi
    He's mentally unstable and it has caused him to do this thing and nothing else.

    His reasons for doing it are not relevant since they are derived from mental illness.

    This is a excuse in essence you are saying that if guy who has a high I.Q. and all other people who are like him have a free ticket to go on a killing spree. If they are not in a nut farm and if they are going to collage and holding down a job and are contributing to society then they are stable enough to be held for their own actions. DO NOT give them a excuse!!

    If you had a free ticket to go on a killing spree would you do it or would you rip that ticket up and burn it?  Do you think that the issue a lot more than just simply giving people an excuse to spree kill?

    You can be culpable and mentally ill at the same time.

    You can be functional and mentally ill at the same time.

    A mentally ill person doesn't require an excuse in any form to do the things that they do.

    Out of the two of us which do you think would seek external help long before something tragic like this happened?  Out of the two of us which do you think would see mental illness in the people around us and have a conversation with them about getting help?  That's what I would like people to do, but in order for that to happen we need to recognize mental illness for what it is and blaming music or movies or comic books for these instances just doesn't help - blame mental illness.

    OK yes all good points TY

    Here is a link you maybe intreasted in then:

    http://gma.yahoo.com/james-holmes-goofy-behavior-sign-psychosis-faking-expert-142209134--abc-news-topstories.html

    Now if he is faking it were dose this conversation go from here?

    We can carry on with more far fetched possibilities if you want.  Something involving aliens and mind control and a tea pot floating in space somewhere, but that would be as crazy as suggesting that a person shot up a room full of strangers without a sane motive is faking mental illness.

     

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Hazelle

    We can carry on with more far fetched possibilities if you want.  Something involving aliens and mind control and a tea pot floating in space somewhere, but that would be as crazy as suggesting that a person shot up a room full of strangers without a sane motive is faking mental illness.

     

    hmmm far fetched possibilities nah not my style. I prefer facts and do I have a interesting fact for you at this link:

    http://news.yahoo.com/report-colorado-shooting-suspect-sent-plans-notebook-psychiatrist-170815999.html

    So apparently a mentally ill person can now premeditate about killing people and send document to his Doctor to boot. I don't know were you think that this is right but from my understanding that is classified as:

    Aggravating circumstances

    Murder with specified aggravating circumstances is often punished more harshly. Depending on the jurisdiction, such circumstances may include:

    • Premeditation
    • Poisoning
    • Murder of a police officer, judge, fireman or witness to a crime
    • Murder of a pregnant woman
    • Committed for pay or other reward
    • Exceptional brutality or cruelty

    In the U.S. these murders are referred to as first-degree or aggravated murders.

    I do not see any far fetch facts here even that degenerate who Committed these Hannis crime knows this. I wonder if he will get a offer to play himself for the big Hollywood movie about him. Since he is doing a fantastic job of acting.

     

    image

  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by Isturi
    Originally posted by Hazelle

    We can carry on with more far fetched possibilities if you want.  Something involving aliens and mind control and a tea pot floating in space somewhere, but that would be as crazy as suggesting that a person shot up a room full of strangers without a sane motive is faking mental illness.

     

    hmmm far fetched possibilities nah not my style. I prefer facts and do I have a interesting fact for you at this link:

    http://news.yahoo.com/report-colorado-shooting-suspect-sent-plans-notebook-psychiatrist-170815999.html

    So apparently a mentally ill person can now premeditate about killing people and send document to his Doctor to boot. I don't know were you think that this is right but from my understanding that is classified as:

    Aggravating circumstances

    Murder with specified aggravating circumstances is often punished more harshly. Depending on the jurisdiction, such circumstances may include:

    • Premeditation
    • Poisoning
    • Murder of a police officer, judge, fireman or witness to a crime
    • Murder of a pregnant woman
    • Committed for pay or other reward
    • Exceptional brutality or cruelty

    In the U.S. these murders are referred to as first-degree or aggravated murders.

    I do not see any far fetch facts here even that degenerate who Committed these Hannis crime knows this. I wonder if he will get a offer to play himself for the big Hollywood movie about him. Since he is doing a fantastic job of acting.

     

    As I said above you can be functional and suffer from mental illness and he seemed to.

    I read that he sent a book to a psychiatrist who is a professor at the school he attended which is not the same as being his doctor as you've asserted above.  His relationship with the professor wasn't in the article that you linked so if you have one that states the professor was treating him I'd like to read it. he attende

    Nowhere did I state that his behavior was right or correct, simply that from the reports I've read, it was not sane behavior.

    He will not be able to use mental illness as a defense if that's what you are worried about since he fashioned himself as a villian seen in fictional books that rely heavily on the concepts of good and evil.  Batman is good and the joker is evil; so if the reports are true this faker, as you've asserted, will not be able to use an insanity plea for his defense because he knew what he was doing was villianous.

    So mental illness was the driving force behind his actions but he can't use it for a defense and if you were going to fake crazy so you could kill and harm a bunch of strangers the last thing you'd want to do is sabotage yourself by pretending to be one of the iconic antisocial characters written in the last 100 years.

    As I said above you can be culpable and suffer from mental illness and he seems to be.

  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Hazelle
    Originally posted by Isturi
    Originally posted by Hazelle

    As I said above you can be functional and suffer from mental illness and he seemed to.

    I read that he sent a book to a psychiatrist who is a professor at the school he attended which is not the same as being his doctor as you've asserted above.  His relationship with the professor wasn't in the article that you linked so if you have one that states the professor was treating him I'd like to read it. he attende

    Nowhere did I state that his behavior was right or correct, simply that from the reports I've read, it was not sane behavior.

    He will not be able to use mental illness as a defense if that's what you are worried about since he fashioned himself as a villian seen in fictional books that rely heavily on the concepts of good and evil.  Batman is good and the joker is evil; so if the reports are true this faker, as you've asserted, will not be able to use an insanity plea for his defense because he knew what he was doing was villianous.

    So mental illness was the driving force behind his actions but he can't use it for a defense and if you were going to fake crazy so you could kill and harm a bunch of strangers the last thing you'd want to do is sabotage yourself by pretending to be one of the iconic antisocial characters written in the last 100 years.

    As I said above you can be culpable and suffer from mental illness and he seems to be.

    Please dont think that I am judging this guy. It is not my place to Judge sorry If I came accross this way. I agree that he has a mental illness and in reality we all do to one degree or anouther. Thank you for you educated thoughts on this matter. This should be intreasting in the months to come how this will play out in court.

    Again thank you for a eye opening chat.

    image

Sign In or Register to comment.