Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The music

One of the few games that i played where ill actually sit and listen to the intro music before logging in...think EQ2 was the last game i did that with.  Fantastic intro.

Just seems the in game music, while decent, is too backround music like and theres just not enough tracks, despite having localized game music, diffrent music for diffrent locations ect.

I realize the new thing to do is mute the game music and play your own, but im oldschool and a good music sountrack can make a game so much better and i prefer in game music since it gives games a unique feel.

I just wish there was more good tracks playing in game.  

Anyone else like the music in game but also find it lacking in well..variety of music i guess? While sitting there listening to the login music i also notice...such a non fitting title screen for the game...so many better graphics could be used ect.

link to the intro music : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIGBebzJWi4&feature=related

and unrelated tsw "music video" i saw that i thought was just fantastic..seems the guy used a lot of the advertisement video footage in the super high rez quality that seems special made but is worth a view regardless :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UheV1Ti4snw

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Sound in general is the best ever, by far, of any MMO.

Intro music, background music, combat music, ambient sounds--which also include music from ghetto blasters etc.-- and sound effects, which all seem to have been sampled with the best equipment, are all "Big Budget Movie" production quality.

I don;t see how anyone could give TSW anything but 10/10 for sound.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BhorzoBhorzo Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by Iselin

Intro music, background music, combat music, ambient sounds--which also include music from ghetto blasters etc.-- and sound effects, which all seem to have been sampled with the best equipment, are all "Big Budget Movie" production quality.

The combat sounds are terrible. At least for some weapons. Assault Rifle comes to mind. Most of the abilities share the exact same audio clip. Turns my brain to mush. And it's not even a realistic-sound rifle sound... it's like the sound a toy gun makes.

At least in a game like BF3, every time you fire a gun, it's sounds a little bit different. It's subtle, but it has a stron subconscious effect.

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by Bhorzo

The combat sounds are terrible. At least for some weapons. Assault Rifle comes to mind. Most of the abilities share the exact same audio clip. Turns my brain to mush. And it's not even a realistic-sound rifle sound... it's like the sound a toy gun makes.

At least in a game like BF3, every time you fire a gun, it's sounds a little bit different. It's subtle, but it has a stron subconscious effect.

I think it really may be subconscious, as you put it.  

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99

Well that could be due to the fact that, you know, BF3 is a first person SHOOTER and TSW is an MMO where guns are pretty minor to the overall experience.

I agree with the OP that (relative to the genre) TSW's sounds are fantastic. I use a shotgun and I think it sounds great. A friend uses an assault rifle and I think it sounds quite good too.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

It's pretty nice. I prefer AoC's music and sound effects but TSW has nice ambiance as well.

• vistolvistol Member Posts: 1

You also are not shooting bullets, you're shooting manifested Anima.

But I do hope they add some more variety eventually.

• rav500rav500 Member Posts: 46

I love the music in this game. however, if you get sick of the background-music, you can just turn it off. did it today, and I could only hear the sounds of water, howling wind, birds, machines and zombies. What a new experience!! I really got an even stronger feeling that I was in the real world, and the setting got even better :)

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

They mentioned in the live stream today that they are working on tying weapon sounds to the model skin rather than the ability.. so in the near future the sounds will match the weapon look.

They also talked a bit about guns and how they went realistic in beta but got a lot of negative feedback so they decided to go "over the top" with gun sounds.

I'm looking forward to the additional sounds for weapons :)  I can't wait to see what my Hell shotgun/ARs sound like :D

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

The music is pretty well done.  Theme song has that X-Files/Lost/Twilight Zone feel to it.

Sound effects?  Meh.   Also, what's that random dramatic music chord that seems to randomly appear for no apparent reason?

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Because everytime a gun is fired, it should make a different sound....

Oh, wait.

A lot of people have only movies to go on when it comes to what they think guns sound like.  Most aren't even close.

I think a lot of people have some silly expectations when it comes to sounds and animations.  "Wait, my guy doesn't do a triple backflip every time I squeeze the trigger, and no nuclear blast or dazzling array of effects.  What the....!"  Personally, I prefer the more subtle (and realistic) versions in this game.

I agree with most others, the music in this game is outstanding.  Some of the best I've heard in an MMO, and really captures the genre well.  I can listen to the Siren Song over and over.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.