Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Man dies playing too much Diablo III

2»

Comments

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Corehaven
    Originally posted by Istavaan

[mod edit]

Hey now.  Seriously?  You didn't know him and that comment was entirely uncalled for. 

This just makes me feel sad if anything, and especially someone so young.  He was just starting his adult life and who knows what he might have done or accomplished.  I sort of get where you are coming from in that this kind of obsessive behavior is really strange. 

But with an attention span like that, I have to wonder what he might have accomplished if he put his effort towards something a little more productive.  Thats what I think every time I hear of someone dying from playing a game for 2 or 3 days straight.  I can't pretend to understand it, but I can sympathize.  Even for the family. 

To loose a son in this way?  I have a son.  Id vomit for months if it happened to him.  To loose a life like that?  Just for that? 

I think people in this society are just getting a little too bored.  Really though.  Nothing out there seems exciting.  Everything seems explored, everything seems done, and they escape into an alternate reality because the one they live in isn't nearly as exciting at all.  Its just sad.  All it is.  I cant say the world is better off without that guy.  Because he obviously wasn't involved in the "world" anyways.  God bless him.  This is just sad, nothing else. 

Substituting "God bless him" with "may the gods bless his soul" I thought pretty much the same thing.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

To all those here posting that the world is better off without people "like him".

We are all gamers, you people make me sick just thinking this way.....it's just sad to see an 18 year old young person losing his life over a hobby.

I wish the family alot of strength in this hard time.

We all know it and Game dev companies always tell you to take a break every hour or 2 of gaming.......game smart, dont let a videogame be the end of your social life or like this young one.....his life period.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by toddze

Ive came close to being awake 40 hours straight, it wasnt playing a game though, it was work. I know it was well over 30 hours. Thankfully I dont do that job anymore, I never thought of it being fatal. 40 hours really isnt that long. I wonder what type of health he was in.

I been awake for 48 hours straight many times, it is tireing but not that bad. My playing straight n a row was 18 hours in Lineages beta and that was ten times as bad as 48 hours awake.

For some reason computer gaming is just worse when you play a long time than working or playing P&P RPGs. It might be because it is easier to forget eating and you take fewer breaks or something.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by toddze

Ive came close to being awake 40 hours straight, it wasnt playing a game though, it was work. I know it was well over 30 hours. Thankfully I dont do that job anymore, I never thought of it being fatal. 40 hours really isnt that long. I wonder what type of health he was in.

I been awake for 48 hours straight many times, it is tireing but not that bad. My playing straight n a row was 18 hours in Lineages beta and that was ten times as bad as 48 hours awake.

For some reason computer gaming is just worse when you play a long time than working or playing P&P RPGs. It might be because it is easier to forget eating and you take fewer breaks or something.

Also, sitting for long stretches of time is very bad for you in a number of ways. You're probably less likely to take a break from a videogame (if you play like a fiend) than when studying or with friends. 

• billysweirdbillysweird Member Posts: 2

Why are these things always from an asian country mostly around china, fucking chinese governemnt and their propaganda. They don't post how many workers die from exaustion or military excersizes but once every 2 years some idiot dies from starving himself playing a game and all of a sudden video games are satan.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by DaezAster

I can't believe they would let some one stay in there for that long. Would think there would be some time limit. This is sad on many levels...

It is a bit odd, but then at the end of the day it is his fault for being so fking stupid.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper
    Originally posted by DaezAster

I can't believe they would let some one stay in there for that long. Would think there would be some time limit. This is sad on many levels...

It is a bit odd, but then at the end of the day it is his fault for being so fking stupid.

Never speak ill for the dead dude. Life is too short and karma hits back pretty hard.

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

poor kid  i bet the internet cafe wont take any of the blame . all they wanted was  his money  one thinge ive learned from  working in an office being sat down  all day  if cant get away from your desk just do a few crunches get blood moving in your legs 

how he lasted 40hrs playing that game i dont know  1hr  would  get me off for  the reast of the week