Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just bought along with TSW

Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Anyone else plan on playing both? I already have a lifetime sub to TSW and I love it, but GW2 does look really nice and it will give me my fantasy genre fix.

Really exciting times to be an MMO fan!

Comments

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

I have TSW (lifetime) and I pre-ordered Gw2, I think both have their own ups and downs even though currently IM liking TSW more. But hey, both are good and Ive always enjoyed being able to switch to something else for a bit.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

TSW & GW2 are going to be my two MMOs for years to come, guaranteed.

• I am playing TSW right now but I don't plan on keeping the sub after August.  I am already in translvania with QL9 gear and some QL10 gear.  And only been playing a medium amount.

I don't really see why I would play TSW for months after august if I have GW2 to go with.  IMO the PvP is inferior in both combat and overall zone features. 

If I had a lifetime sub I could see drifting back and forth between the games.  But long term I have very little motivation to say grind out and farm signet for QL10 gear.  They do add some interesting build options but I'd rather play the events based Orr final zone in GW2 then grind for loot drops.

Once you have done a mission, especially investigations, doing them a second time is pretty meh.  I can see playing both for a while together but long term no I don't see much point in taking TSW.

• plutosamsplutosams Member UncommonPosts: 50

I also have a lifetime to TSW and pre-purchased GW2.  I was not originally planning on TSW at all, but after a beta and a few weeks of play I decided it was definitely for me.  GW2 I think fits nicely along side as I will get some good PvP and a high fantasy setting.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by gestalt11

I am playing TSW right now but I don't plan on keeping the sub after August.  I am already in translvania with QL9 gear and some QL10 gear.  And only been playing a medium amount.

I don't really see why I would play TSW for months after august if I have GW2 to go with.  IMO the PvP is inferior in both combat and overall zone features. 

If I had a lifetime sub I could see drifting back and forth between the games.  But long term I have very little motivation to say grind out and farm signet for QL10 gear.  They do add some interesting build options but I'd rather play the events based Orr final zone in GW2 then grind for loot drops.

Once you have done a mission, especially investigations, doing them a second time is pretty meh.  I can see playing both for a while together but long term no I don't see much point in taking TSW.

Similar boat here.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Panthien

I have TSW (lifetime) and I pre-ordered Gw2, I think both have their own ups and downs even though currently IM liking TSW more. But hey, both are good and Ive always enjoyed being able to switch to something else for a bit.

TSW is a blast, but sadly I have not tried GW2 yet! Friday will be my first Beta Weekend so I am excited to actually try it.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

I'd rather cut my wrists than to buy a lifetime for TSW, or even just buy the game (I've been in the closed permanent beta for several months), but I'm definitely in the GW2 boat for a long time.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

To be honest I canceled pre-order for GW2 because of TSW which I ended up getting a life time for and because for PvP PS2 is more my style and true persistant open world PvP. I will admit I never like GW1 either and two BWE in GW2 didn't sell me at all.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176
    Originally posted by FuryV

TSW & GW2 are going to be my two MMOs for years to come, guaranteed.

Same here but we will see about them holding me for years to come.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I played TSW beta, it would had been so much better using some of GW2 features, probably even better than GW2 itself. Too bad...

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    Originally posted by seridan

I played TSW beta, it would had been so much better using some of GW2 features, probably even better than GW2 itself. Too bad...

true, especially the combat of GW2. no trinity class will be great too, but most the combat style, IMO GW2 in much better

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Oh noeeeeesssss.  Only the game you are playing can be the best.  What happens when you play more than one?  The horror!

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Originally posted by Panthien

TSW is a blast, but sadly I have not tried GW2 yet! Friday will be my first Beta Weekend so I am excited to actually try it.

I hope you enjoy it.

It does take a little getting used to, especially the whole dynamic events thing.

One tip: when you complete an event, stop and listen to the NPCs, or follow the NPC, because events often chain into other events, and people who run off will miss these.

I think the two games are a complimentary pair.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Oh noeeeeesssss.  Only the game you are playing can be the best.  What happens when you play more than one?  The horror!

Uh...What?

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237

Yep gonna play both , gw 2 was the mmo i was waiting for and didnt like tsw at all in beta maybe never did give it a proper change but now i love tsw and will play gw2 along with it since its no sub game.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Pretty much.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I played TSW beta and really didn't like a lot of aspects of it, but bought it anyway because I really wanted to try to play with some old friends. I made it two weeks before I cancelled, and I really had to force myself through both of those weeks. There are core design choices that are 100% against what I feel a mmorpg should be.

I was originally very excited about GW2 back when it was first announced. I never liked GW1 too much but I always respected Arenanet and their desire to think outside the box, and when word hit that it would be a persistant, open world, I was excited.

Some things came along in their design choices that I didn't like either, and one of those things I truly cant stand... it would be something silly for others I am sure, but for me it's a big deal, and so I wrote it off. But now, after seeing some recent BWE2 videos, I am really faling for the game. I am a HUGE Camelot fan and played for 4 years, and the WvWvW seems a lot like Camelot to me.

The more I see of the game, the more impressed I am. I was lucky enough to score a BWE3 key and will see this weekend if I am able to get past the things that i don't like about it. I then scored a second key and was able to pass it along to a buddy who is also fed up with TSW, and so he'll be checking it out as well.

We might both end up playing a second mmorpg along with GW2, or maybe not playing GW2 at all, but we certainly wont be looking back at TSW either way.

Here's to hoping GW2 blows us away :)

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

As much as i enjoyed TSW, i can't even play it anymore right now because I'm just so excited about GW2 beta weekend coming up lol.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Playing both though not at the same time. Tsw now till gw2, then I'll probably jump back for a month here and there to break from gw2 and play tsw.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by gessekai332

As much as i enjoyed TSW, i can't even play it anymore right now because I'm just so excited about GW2 beta weekend coming up lol.

TSW will get me to August ....Tera lasted to level 10 ,  I'm not sure if it's just the GW2 effect or not but previous BE weekends have just killed other games for me >>>I have no interst in anything but GW2  i'm thinking  perhaps something released well after Aug/25 might prove to be my second game but for now it's a one horse show