Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are the "Tales From" Star Wars books Canon?

er99er99 Member CommonPosts: 101

for example the books "tales from jabba's palace and the book "tales of the bounty hunters"  contradict each other regarding Boba Fetts story. I wonder if that series of five  (is it 5  books?) books follows canon or not? if it does somebody at LA is asleep at the wheel or doesn't care very much about sticking to canon. I know George Lucas slices and dices the canon from already written books at will.

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Those books are 15 years old and written in a time when we only had the first three movies.

Everything is changed now, even Mandalorians have gone from beeing warriors to pacifists!

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

It's been a long long time, but I don't believe very much from them is contradicted in the more recent stuff. Lucas sort of gave the go ahead for new material during and after the original three movies but made it clear he had future plans for stories before them. The authors and publishers have done a pretty good job of making sure all of the novels were Canon.

The only issue I remember is with the Boba Fett origin story from the Bounty Hunter book conflicting with the Boba Fett origin story in Episode 2. However, I believe there has been an effort to sort of explain away the conflict which isn't too difficult with how it was written and how little of it there is.

Basically, these are considered Extended Universe Canon and I encourage you to read them without concern that you'll end up with multiple versions of events.