Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW patch. x10 STAT gain, MORE LOOT, FIXES

GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=5466706#post5466706

AV are really stepping it up during this promotion, the x10 meditation chances not only make it x10 quicker but cheaper too meaning you don't need outside funding to keep it up.

Comments

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Meh. Game is stagnating (EU was dead ~ 50-100 active people playing in such a massive world is as dead as it gets). It's better now with promotion, which started as a fail per AV's usual (promotional mails were sent out 1 day after promotion started).

If you realy still wish to try it out it's "good" time to eb fair. No client cost means it will only cost you 10€ for 1 month and there is actualy population spike, even tho rather small (a few hundred peopel at best).

Other than that game is still exacty the same (bar faster skilling) and will stay the same 4ever (as per AV).

I give it a month or two untill there's again only a few diehards left so better hurry up.

I used to be and still am DF fan, wishing DF2.0 is more than just a long distant dream (read vaporware). And what I said above is not atempt of slagging but reality. I personaly refuse to pay monthly fee for a game not getting worked on AT ALL. I don't want game developers having an idea making a multiplayer world and realeasing it like a singleplayer game (no or very little changes) is the way to go. The only cost AV gets from it is server cluster and even that is pretty shit.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I agree with StarI

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by StarI

Meh. Game is stagnating (EU was dead ~ 50-100 active people playing in such a massive world is as dead as it gets). It's better now with promotion, which started as a fail per AV's usual (promotional mails were sent out 1 day after promotion started).

If you realy still wish to try it out it's "good" time to eb fair. No client cost means it will only cost you 10€ for 1 month and there is actualy population spike, even tho rather small (a few hundred peopel at best).

Other than that game is still exacty the same (bar faster skilling) and will stay the same 4ever (as per AV).

I give it a month or two untill there's again only a few diehards left so better hurry up.

I used to be and still am DF fan, wishing DF2.0 is more than just a long distant dream (read vaporware). And what I said above is not atempt of slagging but reality. I personaly refuse to pay monthly fee for a game not getting worked on AT ALL. I don't want game developers having an idea making a multiplayer world and realeasing it like a singleplayer game (no or very little changes) is the way to go. The only cost AV gets from it is server cluster and even that is pretty shit.

What you should of said is that Darkfall is one of the best games out there **IF** it was populated. If large groups were to give this game a shot the game would take off running again. I've never played a game as enjoyable as DF when it was full of players.

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

The game's population has already picked up massively in the past week, a few clans have come back and many others have returned on new characters. The world is active and sieges occur everyday, most days more than once.

No doubt the game needs a couple more thousand subs to reach the perfect amount but in a clan you'll have no trouble finding pvp, training or mobs.

With AV making good and adding onto the first promotion patch I know personally more people are returning to have one last blast at DF1.0 :)

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

There's a TON of people out. And I got my promotion email days before the free time started.

But yeah, population's bouncing.

• TsumoTsumo Member UncommonPosts: 49

I for one have returned made a new character on Eu server. I am seeing new players all over the place in the starting areas in elf lands.

Loads of people are coming back and even more new players trying out the game since its costs nothing to buy and is at a reduced monthly sub of 9.95. 

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Tsumo

I for one have returned made a new character on Eu server. I am seeing new players all over the place in the starting areas in elf lands.

Loads of people are coming back and even more new players trying out the game since its costs nothing to buy and is at a reduced monthly sub of 9.95. 

Exactly for the fun the game provides 9.95 is so little and no box cost...

I got my partner into the game and I couldn't believe there were that many people in the starter areas.

So many people returning the game is most definately fun again.

• D3lit3D3lit3 Member Posts: 95

Yeah I dunno about the people hating on it, I guess the people hating on it are people who actually enjoy shit like TERA and SWTOR.

For us hardcore full loot MMOFPS junkies we don't have that many options at this point. It's essentially Darkfall and Mortal Online. And while the company does have its reputation I can honestly say no other game can top it simply GAMEPLAY wise and how surpisingly well coded it is compared to things like MO, for example. You can actually feel hits and shots in this game, MO had obvious input delay lag etc. And this is for a game with one single instance across the continent. 

In terms of gameplay it just has so much depth. It's kind of hard to explain but there are reports that this game helps tremendously with disorders such as A.D.D, OCD, etc. It's like the possibilies are endless and anything can happen - you can exit a city, witness 5 guys killing a fire dragon, witness 5 enemies roll up and kill 4 of the first clan's men, witness a 1v1 versus the guy in the first clan vs enemy, wait for one man to win the fight, shoot him down while he's low on health, and loot all 8 corpses and the fire dragon and go home happy. Or you can just go gather herbs and foods like blueberries and strawberries for your next PvP run. 

It still blows my mind. And as I am not nearly maxed out yet, I am not bored of the so called "endgame" and I have ambitious dreams of one day fighting in dragon armor against armies of men solo. I have created my own path in this game. 

None of that bullshit TERA or Secret World crap where you're just endlessly killing some monsters to level up for another quest, you could potentially LITERALLY log in first day of Darkfall and take part in that fire dragon story, or something similar, and witness a story unfold in front of you.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by D3lit3

Yeah I dunno about the people hating on it, I guess the people hating on it are people who actually enjoy shit like TERA and SWTOR.

For us hardcore full loot MMOFPS junkies we don't have that many options at this point. It's essentially Darkfall and Mortal Online. And while the company does have its reputation I can honestly say no other game can top it simply GAMEPLAY wise and how surpisingly well coded it is compared to things like MO, for example. You can actually feel hits and shots in this game, MO had obvious input delay lag etc. And this is for a game with one single instance across the continent. 

In terms of gameplay it just has so much depth. It's kind of hard to explain but there are reports that this game helps tremendously with disorders such as A.D.D, OCD, etc. It's like the possibilies are endless and anything can happen - you can exit a city, witness 5 guys killing a fire dragon, witness 5 enemies roll up and kill 4 of the first clan's men, witness a 1v1 versus the guy in the first clan vs enemy, wait for one man to win the fight, shoot him down while he's low on health, and loot all 8 corpses and the fire dragon and go home happy. Or you can just go gather herbs and foods like blueberries and strawberries for your next PvP run. 

It still blows my mind. And as I am not nearly maxed out yet, I am not bored of the so called "endgame" and I have ambitious dreams of one day fighting in dragon armor against armies of men solo. I have created my own path in this game. 

None of that bullshit TERA or Secret World crap where you're just endlessly killing some monsters to level up for another quest, you could potentially LITERALLY log in first day of Darkfall and take part in that fire dragon story, or something similar, and witness a story unfold in front of you.

Sarcasm ?

if not let me tell you that Darkfall has been presented prior launch as a MMORPG "much more" then any other title out there. 

The playerbase that was trageted for was not just the "hardcore full loot MMOFPS junkies".   

it was set out to be the successor of  Ultima Online !  with everything a MMORPG offers and even more innovations.

Why is it that its only reduced to one playstyle ?  to satisfy only the hardcore full loot MMOFPS junkie ?

and let me tell you about the FPS part ...AV promised a FPS style like Mount & Blade explicitly ! why is it not like Mount and Blade ?

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• D3lit3D3lit3 Member Posts: 95

Promising features and not delivering is nothing new. Developers usually get overly ambitous and still want to sell their product. Why is AV getting bashed for this? I do this at work all the time and simply con people into buying our product because of [insert lies of features here]. Welcome to real world 101. Your government uses it too. 

So what it appeals to a niche crowd? There were like 5 devs working on 1.0, there was no way it was going to become the successor of Ultima Online. Nor did it receive the ample amount of marketing and QA testing for it to become a true UO clone.

I just don't get the unhappy people. All the basics are there, combat is way more fun than tab-targeting, frankly I do not know of any better MMOFPS until maybe Planetside 2. Don't you agree though? Please name a better and recent MMOFPS, maybe I simply haven't heard of it. 

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir Member UncommonPosts: 563

Just came back. No more grind. Fun.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Most people make excuses when they lose. That's why they lose and will continue to lose.