Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are some things you're hoping for in ESO?

I know a lot of people are upset about the combat system, how ESO is going to use the Hero engine, and even the set race-based factions. However, ESO has a lot of potential due to the age of the series and the lore. So what are some things you're hoping to see in ESO?

I'm looking forward to exploring Dwemer ruins all over Tamriel, I hope there are plans for a huge Dwemer side-story. Any new information about the mystery of their disappearance would be exciting. 

I'm also looking forward to seeing all of the cultures in a single game. The cultures really brought Morrowind to life for me so hopefully ZeniMax puts a lot of focus on this aspect of ESO. 

I would also like to see world events based on actual lore, for example Vivec flooded Morrowind to rid the land of Akaviri invaders - this could be a cool world event. These events could literally shape Tamriel, something no other ES game has had the ability to do. 

The Shadowed Mare - A Tavern North of Caldera and an Elder Scrolls Online Fansite and Forums.

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

speaking for myself the lore of any game is at the very bottom of things that are important to me.

world interaction however is near the top. I have to 'feel' as if I am there and that is why FPS view is so important to me. Exploring the places in the TES world sounds like great fun however if the trip doesnt 'feel' like I am there then its useless to me.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

I'm hoping you'll be able to sneak upto NPC's to either assassinate with a slice to the throat or pickpocket. Really hoping the NPC's don't juct notice you regardless of where you are. Hopefully hiding in darkned areas also helps your sneakiness further.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

I'm hoping they come to their senses and remove the instances, the phasing, and the scripted singleplayer aspects, and just make it like DAoC, as they should have. Open dungeons, big RvR.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

My primary hope is combat that's nothing like WoW or even GW2.

Something more akin to Morrowind would suit me fine.

Other than that them changing their mind on the factions / era that the game is set on. That's a hope I know I won't get. Prequels are quite frankly disgusting in any form of entertainment at the moment. You'd think they'd aim to do something more original than that.

My last hope is there aren't quest hubs. Taverns should always offer at least one or two things to see, but that's it. Otherwise most of the experience / gain should be from adventuring. 

I'd like to see some persistent world changes as well rather than disgusting instancing. They can use the term phasing all they want, but it's lame.

I guess my hope is that TESO as previoiusly advertised gets scrapped for a real Elder Scrolls game.

a yo ho ho

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I hope they sack Matt Firor and replace him with Todd Howard...............

Originally posted by ste2000

Matt Firor is the only person on that team with any talent, sense, or experience with MMOs. He's the one pushing for open dungeons, so far one of the ONLY distinguishing features about this"MM"O.

Todd knows singleplayer games, barely. Matt worked on one of the best MMOs ever made.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I want to kill someone and take their clothing.

If I can't do that, then I'm NOT playing an Elder Scrolls game.

If this is just a standard loot MMO with little tiny squares that have a crappy picture of a SHIRT in them to let me know its a Chest Plate.... and completely random and unrelated to what the Enemy was wearing?   Then fuck, this, game.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

Considering that most of what made Elder Scrolls so compelling won't be in ESO, pretty much nothing at this point. It's being WoW-ified - linear path, no player housing, cooldown ability-fest, etc. I can't believe Zenimax signed off on this design. All responsible parties should be slapped with angry monkeys.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Garvon3

Matt Firor is the only person on that team with any talent, sense, or experience with MMOs. He's the one pushing for open dungeons, so far one of the ONLY distinguishing features about this"MM"O.

Todd knows singleplayer games, barely. Matt worked on one of the best MMOs ever made.

Non sense.

Matt Firor is the person in charge of the project and he is the one that made the game as it is now.

If he wanted the open dungeons he would have implemented it already, he is the boss................but probably it was "too difficult" (Trademark of Mr Firor)

Todd Howard is the one that created the TES IP and the one in charge of all the TES games................he sold millions of copies with the TES games and Fallout 3, so saying that he "barely" knows about single player games is a ridicoulus statement.

Certainly he is 10 times more qualified than Firor in making a TES MMO even if he has no experience with the MMO industry, he could do a better job than Mr. "everything has been done already".

Plus let's not forget that Firor ex-colleague at Mythic, Mark Jacobs, was the one that created Warhammer Online, hardly a blockbuster

Just to show that having a MMO background doesn't guarantee success if you lack a clear vision, and Firor doesn't look like he has one.

The reason why Todd is not doing the MMO is because Bethesda needs him to work on the TES and Fallout single player titles which are the bread and butter of Zenimax Media, so they cannot risk to compromise the future of their most popular IPs by distracting him from his main job.

Anyway I accept that Firor is in charge and he will be until the game is released, I just hope that Zenimax gets Todd Howard a little bit more involved in the MMO.

Non sense.

Matt Firor is the person in charge of the project and he is the one that made the game as it is now.

If he wanted the open dungeons he would have implemented it already, he is the boss................but probably it was "too difficult" (Trademark of Mr Firor)

Todd Howard is the one that created the TES IP and the one in charge of all the TES games.............

Todd is also responsible for how bad Oblivion was, and how lackluster Skyrim was. The ES games haven't managed to make it back up to Morrowind level of quality.

There ARE open dungeons in the game already, and that was because of Frior. But he does not control the game. The publishers do. And the publishers want WoW.

Bioware proved that singleplayer devs should stick to singleplayer games.

Just as EA can be blamed for WAR, Zenimax can be blamed for this.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I hoping the game will be fun. To stay on topic and not get another warning. Not like any of the above posts are even on topic but I doubt they will get a warning.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Todd is also responsible for how bad Oblivion was, and how lackluster Skyrim was. The ES games haven't managed to make it back up to Morrowind level of qualitY

You are definetly in the minority on that opinion. The majority of what I've seen from those that played it is it was an awesome game. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by ktanner3

Todd is also responsible for how bad Oblivion was, and how lackluster Skyrim was. The ES games haven't managed to make it back up to Morrowind level of qualitY

You are definetly in the minority on that opinion. The majority of what I've seen from those that played it is it was an awesome game. 

I liked Oblivion (great world and the investigation quests were genius, over all well written.) and I've played Skyrim for over 100 hours now and honestly for me that's not an easy feat any more.

Still I understand where people are coming from when they say they don't care for certain systems being dumbed down. I typically play games with a spear and a shield. Used to be able to, then we just had polearms, then we just had sword dagger axe or club.

The systems being streamlined really seem to bug the micro-system gamers. But I think their macro-game with the story telling and the voice acting has contiued to improve.

The MMORPG of TESO should have had the scope and vision to bring both the expansive micro and the expanded macro games developed from all the series together.

Instead we're getting an instanced WoW-clone. 

It's disheartening really.

a yo ho ho

• gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127

F2P    if they dont go F2P off the bat this game's gonna fail same as Warhammer and all the rest of failed MMO's fans or no fans...I will be happily playing SKYRIM for the next 5 years and wouldn't miss an ESO game....F2P or nothing.

• TorrmwyreTorrmwyre Member UncommonPosts: 66

There are a lot more things I'm dreading about this game, as it seems Zenimax does not understand how to make their game stand out. They are severely limiting player choice which was always prevalent in the elder scrolls games, so instead of a business move I'm seeing it more as a slap in the face to the legitimate fans of the series.

That said, one thing I would hope they do right is to make it not some epic cluster where everyone is the equivalent of the dragonborn or Nerevarine. I don't want to be the solution or hero, I want to be part of the solution, part of the world. If this is the case, I might forgive their earlier mistakes...

A little.

• ShadowedMareShadowedMare Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Torrmwyre

There are a lot more things I'm dreading about this game, as it seems Zenimax does not understand how to make their game stand out. They are severely limiting player choice which was always prevalent in the elder scrolls games, so instead of a business move I'm seeing it more as a slap in the face to the legitimate fans of the series.

That said, one thing I would hope they do right is to make it not some epic cluster where everyone is the equivalent of the dragonborn or Nerevarine. I don't want to be the solution or hero, I want to be part of the solution, part of the world. If this is the case, I might forgive their earlier mistakes...

A little.

As of now I agree, they haven't really shown us anything that stands out from other MMO titles. I'm hoping they start releasing footage of new MMO innovations they've came up with in ESO. A little risk isn't a bad thing in an MMO. 

The Shadowed Mare - A Tavern North of Caldera and an Elder Scrolls Online Fansite and Forums.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

It is now confirmed, by the developer, that members of each faction will be restricted to their own faction's provinces... so if you're into exploration, you need to grind 2 alts just to see the whole world.

Just when you think this pos game's design has hit rock bottom, that they can't possibly do any worse, they show you they haven't even started yet!