Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the world going to end Dec 21 2012? Poll

2»

Comments

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248
    Originally posted by GTwander

I'll be at the beach, with my guitar, playing that one REM song, and they will think I'm brilliant.

All these recent doomsday scares have done wonders for my social life.

Just make sure you  have a cleric around for a rez..

• AirVengeanceAirVengeance Member Posts: 6

If you believe the world will end becuase of the Mayan calender take into consideration they thought the world was about 3000 years old and thier god created us from corn.

It's just down right silly to even think the way Mayans did.

No the world is not going to end.

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137

There was no Mayan prediction for the "world to end", the prediction is for the world to undergo a "transformation".   Just seeing the news that a nutjob killed at least 14 people and injured 50 in a Dark Knight movie just another one of the many reasons I would say that this world and its people definitely need a major transformation.  Its not just the Mayan calendar though, also the I-Ching and more. 

Its actually one "doomsday" where the extreme fanatics (Harold Camping, and those who took him seriously) seem to dismiss.  And I didnt pay much attention to the 2000 predictions, all I remember hearing was some people were afraid the clocks in nuclear reactors would not make the switch correctly and get the date wrong and workers would miss out on overtime, or something =P.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

I hope so. If not I'll wait for the next failed prediction.

I'd just like to see some nutjob be right for once.

a yo ho ho

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

My guess is in about 4.5 billion years life on this little planet will die.

I'll revisit this thread at that time.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

Originally posted by SuperXero89

America better hope the world ends this year.  This country is in a socioeconomic tailspin that it will likely never recover from. :(

If you've gotta go out, may as well go out on top rather than becoming an allegorical modern day Roman Empire.

Mitt Romney will save us.  He has magic underpants +5 holy avenger.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by dave6660

America better hope the world ends this year.  This country is in a socioeconomic tailspin that it will likely never recover from. :(

If you've gotta go out, may as well go out on top rather than becoming an allegorical modern day Roman Empire.

What do I have to raid to get that drop? Or is it a token grab?

a yo ho ho

Originally posted by 3-4thElf
    Originally posted by dave6660

What do I have to raid to get that drop? Or is it a token grab?

I think they're only available in the cash shop.

-- Herman Melville