Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the world going to end Dec 21 2012? Poll

BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570

Mayan calender ends blah blah blah. Do you think there is any possibility that the world will end Dec 21? Will we have much time to play GW2 before we all go up in a puff of smoke?

I love snails.
I love every kinda snail.
I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
Cant hug every snail.

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

They found another calendar, so probably not.

• Well it didn't end during Y2k or when they activated the Large Hadron Collider, so I'm leaning towards no.

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Really? You have a link or anything?

I love snails.
    Cant hug every snail.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Originally posted by Belarion
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Really? You have a link or anything?

http://news.yahoo.com/nevermind-apocalypse-earliest-mayan-calendar-found-180438279.html

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

I certainly hope so.

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

If I remember right the end of that calender (cycle) is the beginning of the next cycle. They ( the Mayans) just didnt change calenders yearly.

See the world and all within it.
    Live a lifetime in every minute.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Maybe not the end of the world but im betting on something signifant happening, just to prove the myth right :)

• PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147

Why do people put any stock in doomsday predictions of a people that did not even have metallurgy and thus effectively lived in the stone age? Why do people put faith in doomsday predictions at all, really? 

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Originally posted by Praetoriani

Why do people put any stock in doomsday predictions of a people that did not even have metallurgy and thus effectively lived in the stone age? Why do people put faith in doomsday predictions at all, really? 

We all know the truth of the path our Planet is going down but we dont admit it, so we wish for a miracle to happen to prevent it, a natural disaster would be top of this list of what could help prevent it.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

The world has been scheduled to die on pretty much any and every day you could pick by someone or another. Thus far, we have a 100% failure rate on those predictions. The Mayans had even less insight into today's world than most of these, and none of their other assumptions about the future came true, why the hell is this any different?

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

December 21st will come and go just like every other supposed 'Doomsday'. You'd think after hundreds of failed doomsday predictions people would stop falling for this utter nonsense. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I think of doomsday events as the ultimate pessimism of a person who wants to die but doesn't want to do it themselves.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BrainDeadGBrainDeadG Member Posts: 30

Doomsday will happen when people stop trying to second-hand guess the time and hour.

No one knows so their points remain invalid. Until then they will continue to hype it and people will fall for it.

I've heard and seen cases were people thought the world was ending so they ended up selling their houses or draining all the money from their accounts. Only to be left with the stagnant reality that the earth is still there and they are too!

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

No one said yes? I'm in shock..

?

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Can I have your stuff ?

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

America better hope the world ends this year.  This country is in a socioeconomic tailspin that it will likely never recover from. :(

If you've gotta go out, may as well go out on top rather than becoming an allegorical modern day Roman Empire.

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

America better hope the world ends this year.  This country is in a socioeconomic tailspin that it will likely never recover from. :(

If you've gotta go out, may as well go out on top rather than becoming an allegorical modern day Roman Empire.

You read my mind.

• Originally posted by SuperXero89

Actually the Roman Empire fell because of aliens. I learned this from that crazy guy from Ancient Aliens on the History Channel. It's on the History Channel so it has to be true. I guess that means the world will end with an alien invasion. I don't know what form it will take, but I'm putting my money on Tiberium. While US money still has value, because Tiberium is going to change the game as far as wealth goes.

• PhantasmagoriaPhantasmagoria Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by Sawtooth

Actually the Roman Empire fell because of aliens. I learned this from that crazy guy from Ancient Aliens on the History Channel. It's on the History Channel so it has to be true. I guess that means the world will end with an alien invasion. I don't know what form it will take, but I'm putting my money on Tiberium. While US money still has value, because Tiberium is going to change the game as far as wealth goes.

Alien Invasion? like how? "Mars Attack!"? XD

Sorry, i just don't watch history channel. If we get invaded by aliens how sure are you that they are going to destroy the whole planet? Can't we just make a peace contract with them? hahaha *peacemaker XD

and just to answer the question, NO it is not going to end on Dec 21, 2012. They don't even have proof. The Mayan Calendar doesnt count.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I'll be at the beach, with my guitar, playing that one REM song, and they will think I'm brilliant.

All these recent doomsday scares have done wonders for my social life.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Of course not, there are always people who claim this or that to make some bucks. Allegedly the world did end probably dozens of times already if you would believe such stories and look back about such stories.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570
    Originally posted by Sawtooth
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

Bahahahahaha Love that show!

I love snails.
    Cant hug every snail.

• Minotaur089Minotaur089 Member Posts: 11

Yes it will, so keep on playing the games you play and buy all the food you can buy.... hahahahaha

it definitely will not.. i have a can of tuna that expires on february 2013 hahahahahaha

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248

No, The whole Mayan Calender ordeal is new age propaganda to seduce people into believing in a judgment day. To me it seems like a conditioning tactic to see what the populus would do. Anyways, most of the "new agers" believe that day will bring a spiritual enlightenment to lead us into a spiritual evolution. I do not agree with that belief because basically what they think will happen is that those who can "spiritualy evolve" can become divine like. The same lie in the garden.