Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give everyone all the skills at the start

FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Just make the game like a FPS, it seems like thats what the players want. Everyone starts out maxed skills, so its an equal playing field. Nobody wants progression or leveling in a sandbox, just start out on the end game with just PvP. People just afk macro while they sleep to level up, just give everyone all the skills. It will be a huge figure 8 running PvP zerg fest.

Seriously whats the point in having skill progression or leveling in a sandbox when all everyone is there for is ganking and wars?

Comments

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Fearum

Seriously whats the point in having skill progression or leveling in a sandbox when all everyone is there for is ganking and wars?

A good point. I suppose the progression serves as the primary emotional motivator when confronted with the hostile world simulation. If you eliminate that you might also kill the avatar-attatchment that players feel and that keeps them subbing (through adverse conditions) and not turning into a medieval UT.  

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

what people think they want and what people continue to pay for are not always the same thing. With that said, it is still a good point. The thing is pvp people tend to cry and blame everything under the sun for any loss they get other than themselves. So in the case of no skill progression people would like cry that the game is gear based.

Not saying its not a bad idea I actually think its a good one, I am just pointing out what I think would happen

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• uofa13luofa13l Member Posts: 29

IMO that is not what most people wanted. Most people wanted to play a game that you could compete in PVP in a reasonable amount of time but taking away any character progression kills what many people play MMO's for. There are plenty of FPS games out there for this kind of instant gratification.  For a full loot open pvp game many felt playing for 6 months to be competetive with 2+ year vets in 1v1 was too long.

I think where the game is now is almost perfect. I would actually prefer the development was slightly slower but I can also take a pvp loss without rage quitting. What will be interesting is now with skill gains at 20x I bet the skill grind is faster than the actual time it takes to be good at pvp in this game.

I would encourage ppl to check this game out. It is not perfect but I think it is one of the funnest MMO's I have played in a while.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898
    Originally posted by Fearum

Seriously whats the point in having skill progression or leveling in a sandbox when all everyone is there for is ganking and wars?

Because that is NOT what everyone wants.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by uofa13l

IMO that is not what most people wanted. Most people wanted to play a game that you could compete in PVP in a reasonable amount of time but taking away any character progression kills what many people play MMO's for. There are plenty of FPS games out there for this kind of instant gratification.  For a full loot open pvp game many felt playing for 6 months to be competetive with 2+ year vets in 1v1 was too long.

I think where the game is now is almost perfect. I would actually prefer the development was slightly slower but I can also take a pvp loss without rage quitting. What will be interesting is now with skill gains at 20x I bet the skill grind is faster than the actual time it takes to be good at pvp in this game.

I would encourage ppl to check this game out. It is not perfect but I think it is one of the funnest MMO's I have played in a while.

in all fairness the damage/ability difference between a mid level player and a vet is lower than mainstream MMOs. I mean the difference in battle can literally be about a 1 hit difference. There is far more player skill to Darkfall successful combat then anyone gives credit for. Its not just eye hand either, its how to use specific spells, when to use them, what gear to use.

Having said that, I do understand what people are saying, its just a little misguided.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me