Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Opinion: Why WWIIOL is dead.

Comments

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Wrong again with your "facts" David?

Bonus points for bringing sides into as well, you really are on form..not.
  • david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by Stug
    Wrong again with your "facts" David?Bonus points for bringing sides into as well, you really are on form..not.

Oh okay, the game is full of "EPIC BATTLEZ1!!"

Please let me know because I was on for a few hours yesterday evening and it was just as boring as I remember it; a quiet map with the same struggle to get a FRU or two up and get people spawned in to fight. Are stats working yet, do they still have a contracting agreement set up or has that fell through?

Do you guys ever consider that the reason why so few join the game is because they are put off by the false advertising?

And I'm posting here as myself, you have been here for years unapologetically defending the company's decisions, in fact at least one of your threads got locked for spam so if there's anyone being impartial it's you.

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by pittpete

Stop comparing PS2,SWG,Eve Online,etc...with WWII Online.

WWII Online is a niche game.

It is unlike anything else on the market today.

If it appealed to a broader market there would be more players.

You could say if they hadn't tried to appeal to a broader market, there would be more players.  At the time CRS said they were trying to bring in a more 'instant action' group, problem is appealing to them killed lots of the niche.  And they couldn't compete due to the other game issues you lived with due to the niche (graphics, lag, cap system etc.) so much of that group didn't come.

With combat spawns being 300m away, the amount of cover they tossed everywhere and the resulting combat you get doesn't make it that niche anymore.  At those ranges (basically making that BIG map much smaller) they moved into FPS realm (like RO) without any benefits. 

Unless you're a tanker or flyer it became a lot less niche sadly.  So if it's less niche now than before, yet has fewer players than before, maybe being niche isn't the issue? 

I don't know what the deal is. I played some more just now, there are three AOs, lagus webmap says 12 kills/minute and there's nothing going on.

A spawnable depot gets captured, then it gets camped completely by tanks. Someone sets a FRU to town, FRU is killed within a few minutes. Defenders have so many tanks+guns in town that you cannot get a tank anywhere close to an active AO. There's not even resupply column or anything if you feel like driving.

I'm just going to go and fly a transport helicopter in ArmA2 or something; kill some time before I go to bed.

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

David, you belong to a squad?

If not, hook up with FF.

http://flyingfall.forumotion.com/

Theres always some good guys on and theres always something going on with them.

• JsilecJsilec Member Posts: 36
    David just missed the allies capturing ramet....30 kills per minute at midnight aint bad?
  • HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

30 kills a minute. 

That sounds slow.   One kill every 2 seconds.   Hmm...  I miss the old days when that was a slow time.    

Thats why WWIIOL is dead.

So much crap, so little quality.

If he said 60 kills a minute you'd complain.

This isn't the old days.

We all know it isn't.

We're trying to make it like the old days again by recruiting more players.

Hard to do when every positive post is countered with one from the Debbie Downer Brigade

This isn't the old days.

We all know it isn't.

Hard to do when every positive post is countered with one from the Debbie Downer Brigade

She has pretty eyes, I like green eyes.

Not a downer, just being honest.   

• anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110

This isn't the old days.

We all know it isn't.

Maybe so. The problem is, the promotion of the game is being done in such a way as to obscure its current state.

How so, explain?

How would you go about it?

Current state?

Game needs players, we've said that.

Game was better in the past, we've said that.

Devs have made some very bad decisions in the past, we've said that.

Honest that the game is dead when it clearly isn't?

This game has a lot to offer new players, and just because we are gnarly old vets you should not try to hide that because that is a complete misrepresentation.

Took this post off a squad's forum(doesn't matter which one)

This is a new recruits take on one of his first squad nights.

Boy was that fun! The allies put up a hell of a fight in Turnhout and at surrounding fb's but we were finally able to cap the town! I didn't think the battle for the north cp was ever going to end! And when we brought down their north fb I felt like a Navy Seal lol. No shots until everybody was in position. Then we took down a flak 28 at the exact same time as the others were placing satchels on inf spawn. Then me and  xxxx(I think) rushed to veh spawn. As I rounded the opening of the tent I heard someone yell "HIDE!" so I ducked down behind the tent and let the wacky laffy go by. Then me and xxxx placed charges and down went the fb  Twisted Evil 

Saturday night reminded me of why i subscribed to this game. I hope everyone had as good a time as me! Of course, I was a little intoxicated by nights end.

Whether or not people think the game is dead or dieing, there are some of us who still play and enjoy the game.

There are also new players trying the game and enjoying it.

Honest that the game is dead when it clearly isn't? This game has a lot to offer new players, and just because we are gnarly old vets you should not try to hide that because that is a complete misrepresentation.

How many years has it been since they added a new tank? They have no ability to patch the current game or add new content.

During the Rapid Assault kickstarter campaign the developers all but said that WW2online was dead. When we asked "why are you working on RA instead of WW2online, why not just make it better so we get more subs and more people" They said that it had never made a profit and to keep it alive all the long time subscribers had to donate to RA.

What's the estimated time of arrival for 1.35? There is nothing to look forward to at the moment. There's privately run servers of other MMOs, or emulated attempts that have better prospects and more frequent updates despite being run off of loose change. Oh look:

SWGEmu half-year financial report

An entity that depends on patronage and goodwill disclosing how it spends it's money...interesting concept.

So David,

Do you want new tanks?

Do you want 1.35 to come sooner?

Do want CRS to hire a coder?

Do you want more players in game?

Do you just want the server to go dark?

It's hard to understand which things you want?

I'd love to find one of these exciting battles I keep hearing about. They never happen when I'm online.
    For a new player none of what you say really matters and despite what you say there are people enjoying this game and plenty of things to keep new players enthralled.

As gnarly veterans, you have other issues that you keep airing. But amusingly, rather than support any drive for new players and funds fir development you moan and dog about x and y which has nothing to do with new player.

Time and time again it is you fetishing on low pop and complanning, the age old don't play this game no one plays line, when if you want development you need new players.

You need to decide, do you want new players or not?
    For a new player none of what you say really matters and despite what you say there are people enjoying this game and plenty of things to keep new players enthralled.

As gnarly veterans, you have other issues that you keep airing. But amusingly, rather than support any drive for new players and funds fir development you moan and dog about x and y which has nothing to do with new player.

Time and time again it is you fetishing on low pop and complanning, the age old don't play this game no one plays line, when if you want development you need new players.

You need to decide, do you want new players or not?

I'd really like CRS to be honest with their subscribers, new or old. Something you aren't capable of.

So David,Do you want new tanks?Do you want 1.35 to come sooner?Do want CRS to hire a coder?Do you want more players in game?Do you just want the server to go dark?It's hard to understand which things you want?

They need to make some rule changes to improve their game and quit blaming demographics, or blaming their subscribers for finally abandoning them.

It's too hard to attack towns. No attacks = no action on the server. I don't care if some squad during US prime is able to camp a town with tanks and make an "epic battle". The server 90% of the time is so boring that I find myself driving around randomly with a truck and chatting with players.

Simple stuff like changing up the FRU timers, the depot capture timers, doing something to stop a fresh army from teleporting to town if you fail to hold a depot for five minutes. They also need to quit obtaining "balance" by causing swaths of their player base to unsubscribe. Killing off the mega-squads was bad, killing off time zone 3 was bad.

Of course those remaining at CRS don't even admit that their decisions were wrong, that their systems like the high command/TOE-whatever are failures so good luck getting them to change. We're all supposed to just throw money at them or something.

Attacks aren't the only thing going in game.

I logged on at 7:30.

The Allies had an AO on Diest and the we Axis owned the FB.

I spawned a rifle at the FB.

Myself and others heard several beddies inbound.

EA was there as well.

I spawned a 232, killed 2 Beddies,2 EFRU's and 3 EI.

The mission lasted 16 minutes.

I logged off to watch American Idol with the kids.

Attacks aren't the only thing going in game.

I logged on at 7:30.

The Allies had an AO on Diest and the we Axis owned the FB.

I spawned a rifle at the FB.

Myself and others heard several beddies inbound.

EA was there as well.

I spawned a 232, killed 2 Beddies,2 EFRU's and 3 EI.

The mission lasted 16 minutes.

I logged off to watch American Idol with the kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yNhl8wT3Pc

Originally posted by david06  

Originally posted by Stug Honest that the game is dead when it clearly isn't? This game has a lot to offer new players, and just because we are gnarly old vets you should not try to hide that because that is a complete misrepresentation.   How many years has it been since they added a new tank? They have no ability to patch the current game or add new content. During the Rapid Assault kickstarter campaign the developers all but said that WW2online was dead. When we asked "why are you working on RA instead of WW2online, why not just make it better so we get more subs and more people" They said that it had never made a profit and to keep it alive all the long time subscribers had to donate to RA. What's the estimated time of arrival for 1.35? There is nothing to look forward to at the moment. There's privately run servers of other MMOs, or emulated attempts that have better prospects and more frequent updates despite being run off of loose change. Oh look: SWGEmu half-year financial report An entity that depends on patronage and goodwill disclosing how it spends it's money...interesting concept.
    Originally posted by pittpete So David, Do you want new tanks? Do you want 1.35 to come sooner? Do want CRS to hire a coder? Do you want more players in game? Do you just want the server to go dark? It's hard to understand which things you want?
    David06 points out one of my favorite things about that private server, that is actually public.   Is the fact they every week or every other week, post information on the number of lines of code combed through, the amount of bugs fixed, found, tested, or varified.   They also talk about each one of the different areas they worked on or fixed or are implementing/testing.   They have a 100% transparrent development.   And I quite frankly find it refreshing not to be lied to or play the guessing game when it comes to when things are going to be fixed or IF they will be fixed.

Hell even SOE with Planetside 2 does something very much like this, not as transparrent but still they maintain a very good flow of information.   The developers use Twitter (even though I hate it) to discuss more than the weather, or how they hate some forum posters or to belittle their community.    They even use the forums to post ideas to see what the community would like to see implemented next cycle of development.   And they put a timeline of when it will possibly make it into the game.   SOE even goes as far as to delay a patch, and let the community know why they delayed it.  

This isnt something I have seen CRS do in a VERY VERY VERY long time, if ever.  

What do I want out of CRS?   Well this is what I want out of CRS.

-Better flow of information, and less crass remarks or snyde comments to the community.

-A more transparrent development system.   If they are going to ask for money for something they should keep the players/investors informed on how that money is spent and how progress is going with a rough ETA on completion.

-Less ADHD developement, stick to a development plan and complete it.   Great example of this would be the North Africa Theater, which they spent months building the world, reskinning models, and even making new models, and never released because they decided to do Rapid Assault, which is still not done either.  

These three things is ALL I ask of CRS, and I dont think its such a major deal.    Hell its not like I am asking for DOC to tell me where he lives so I can destroy his guitar collection.  

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89

OH no! Bad news guys! This game is NOT dead ...but keep telling yourselves what you need to to keep bumping this thread with the same tired BS that repeats itself every 5 pages! Nothing like some good ole emotional agenda posting to brighten your days I guess!

Pathetic guys...zero class by "former" disgruntled players here.

CRS didn't like YOUR ideas about how to run THEIR game?? So you run here to bitch about it and try to ruin it for those of us who still play...such class!

Maybe your Ideas sucked, ever think about that? You think you could have made the game last this long? If you answered yes, WTF are you doing here? Dont you have a game to make? or are you just content with running down this one? You think you do anyone any good by running down a good game? Pretty lame.

Oh did I bump this thread? your welcome!

Originally posted by wrath04

OH no! Bad news guys! This game is NOT dead ...but keep telling yourselves what you need to to keep bumping this thread with the same tired BS that repeats itself every 5 pages! Nothing like some good ole emotional agenda posting to brighten your days I guess!

Pathetic guys...zero class by "former" disgruntled players here.

CRS didn't like YOUR ideas about how to run THEIR game?? So you run here to bitch about it and try to ruin it for those of us who still play...such class!

Maybe your Ideas sucked, ever think about that? You think you could have made the game last this long? If you answered yes, WTF are you doing here? Dont you have a game to make? or are you just content with running down this one? You think you do anyone any good by running down a good game? Pretty lame.

Oh did I bump this thread? your welcome!

Thanks for the bump DOC

This game has plenty to offer new players and it is not dead. Here is hoping with new blood we can get what everyone wants :-)
This discussion has been closed.