Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to love you!

2»

Comments

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

Thanks to the players of EvE, to succeed and have any fun you have to play it like a second job.

My advice to you would be to learn a new skill instead (IRL)

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

The open game content, the engine and the one huge server are something really unique amongst MMOs. But unfortunately that is where it ends.

The game is full of frustrated people that only look for easy kills to boost their ego. No skill involved in ganking ships at gates, mission spots or camping stations. They always gank and attack only weaker targets and ships that can not defend on their own.

The game breeds a unique type of space douchebag that is so bored with the game, the only thing they do is go out and grief other players.

The attitude spreads like a virus, because every new capsuleer that will make it past this initial phase of frustration and griefing will eventually turn into one of them because he gets bored and wants to get back at someone.

Pirates rarely attack each other because they know it's not worth it at all since the other side has nothing of value and they can't get showered in those salty tears from newbies they crave so much.

Even in a friendly and peaceful Corporation you are basically always at War with some other douchebag mini corp of 5 people or hired mercs that just want to ruin your fun.

Eve is unforgiving, brutal and by design made for and by assholes. Not everyones cup of tea.

PS: I am a veteran with 3 characters at 80Mil SP and i am not saying the game is bad, i merely report the facts.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by gaugemew

Thanks to the players of EvE, to succeed and have any fun you have to play it like a second job.

Game design is the game's design, has nothing to do with how the players decide to approach it.

It's a complex game that does in fact ask a lot out of its players, one reason why I no longer participate, but still one of the best titles out there today.

Just not so much  for those who are time challenged.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• gholstongholston Member Posts: 83

Kyleran, you KNOW you want to come back  :)

Just do it.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Define "succeed"

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• f1sebf1seb Member UncommonPosts: 194

I just came back, 3 days ago, I'll see how it goes this time around.

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by tixylix

- There are no fair fights, it's 100% gank and solo PVP is pretty much dead unless you pick a nano ship and just fight frigates or cruiser sized ships with a weak tank. I tried PVPing so much with a few friends but even then we'd get jumped by 20 other people every single time! Then you'd get people messaging you insulting you and....... eurgh just a horrible community in EVE. I remember my mate was in a Talos and one shotted this frigate and he just kept mailing him telling him to kill himself :

I find myself playing EVE for several months at a time and then taking a couple months off -- and I've always left because I got sick of the community. There are some great people playing, and I've actually made a few IRL friends, but there is so much elitism and trash-talk in EVE. It's like 95% of the community is filled with obnoxious children with mixed up priorities. And this is a supposedly more mature game!

• sycofiendsycofiend Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by taus01

The open game content, the engine and the one huge server are something really unique amongst MMOs. But unfortunately that is where it ends.

The game is full of frustrated people that only look for easy kills to boost their ego. No skill involved in ganking ships at gates, mission spots or camping stations. They always gank and attack only weaker targets and ships that can not defend on their own.

The game breeds a unique type of space douchebag that is so bored with the game, the only thing they do is go out and grief other players.

The attitude spreads like a virus, because every new capsuleer that will make it past this initial phase of frustration and griefing will eventually turn into one of them because he gets bored and wants to get back at someone.

Pirates rarely attack each other because they know it's not worth it at all since the other side has nothing of value and they can't get showered in those salty tears from newbies they crave so much.

Even in a friendly and peaceful Corporation you are basically always at War with some other douchebag mini corp of 5 people or hired mercs that just want to ruin your fun.

Eve is unforgiving, brutal and by design made for and by assholes. Not everyones cup of tea.

PS: I am a veteran with 3 characters at 80Mil SP and i am not saying the game is bad, i merely report the facts.

Some of these things just show that EVE is more of a Simulation than a game,   I mean if you were attacking a target in real life, would you make sure to only attack the enemy with equal numbers, on equal footing ?  or would you overwhelm, shock and awe and go after the most vulnerable targets ???  -- exactly

A lot of what you say is true of course, but its all about perspective.

The Space d-bag part ..lol  but the game does need villains,  it actually is some of what draws people (thinking Goon Antics)

I do disagree though that EvE takes no skill.  I have seen battles that should have been one-sided curbstomps go completley the other direction, because one FC had much better tactics.

sure its more like chess than an FPS or twitch game, but to say its skill less ???

Tell that to the guy that killed a BS in an assault frigate :P

Syco

• andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Well, one thing is certain, so far this thread is definitely full of people that EVE really wasn't designed for.

But despite what they are saying, many people actually do find EVE fun (I did so for 3.5 years) but they are accurate in one respect, EVE can be a huge consumer of your time which is actually one of the main reasons I finally left.

EVE's a good game, its just not for everyone. (just truck drivers apparently)  image

Would be interested to know what you replaced it with ! image

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Malcanis

Define "succeed"

Be the best...like noone ever was!

Keep on rockin'!image

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

pvp in eve could be good if all those cowards wouldnt run from a 1v1 (even from my t1 frigs lol) or only fight with their buffship in system.

i don't understand how ppl like this 1k vs 1k lagfeast or 'lowscale' pvp where u're just clicking things after primary, secondary and tertiary targets are declared. not much skill to me.

like i said, if eve players were't so unbelievable afraid to lose their ships there could be some fun 1v1. but i'm just too tired to search for this for 2 hours...