Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Connecting to the character server....

DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 18,593

Been sitting there for about 15min - tried launching the game as administrator - still the same thing. I guess there's an issue occuring right after auth upon charcter select (auth works fine).

:(

Edit - been about 20min now - Houston we have a problem.

And we're in - took about 23min...what's up with that?

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,183

Had the same issue. Just waited a few mins, hit cancel and tried again. After a few times I got in. Goodluck.

They had a major storm up north which knocked out Amazon, Netflix for a few hours. If the TSW servers are up there it might be a bit clogged.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Happens to me whenever I skip the opening cinematics of the logos. If you let them run their course and then login, you should be fine.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Had this problem in beta. It was due to firewall settings....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Happens to me whenever I skip the opening cinematics of the logos. If you let them run their course and then login, you should be fine.

lol, that is a weird bug you got there.

I actually never saw those logos, and have yet to have any problem with the game.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Been sitting there for about 15min - tried launching the game as administrator - still the same thing. I guess there's an issue occuring right after auth upon charcter select (auth works fine).   :(   Edit - been about 20min now - Houston we have a problem.   And we're in - took about 23min...what's up with that?

If it doesn't connect within 10 seconds, cancel it and try again, took my 5 attempts doing it that way. No point letting it sit there doing nothing for 15-20minutes.

• RiftstarRiftstar Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Been sitting there for about 15min - tried launching the game as administrator - still the same thing. I guess there's an issue occuring right after auth upon charcter select (auth works fine).   :(   Edit - been about 20min now - Houston we have a problem.   And we're in - took about 23min...what's up with that?

If it doesn't connect within 10 seconds, cancel it and try again, took my 5 attempts doing it that way. No point letting it sit there doing nothing for 15-20minutes.

Exactly! Just cancel and re-try. Usually works nicely the second time around.

Playing: MWO
    Waiting For: Star Citizen

• TdoTdo Member Posts: 82
    just don't hammer esc when you login, happens to me also if i skip the cinematics.

Alias Warin

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Happened to me yesterday too, had to cancel and try again about 3 times.  I assumed it was because so many people were logging on.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Originally posted by Tdo
    just don't hammer esc when you login, happens to me also if i skip the cinematics.

See...I'm not the only crazy person experiencing this :)