Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wonders 2 Shadow Magic

tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

I decided to say few things about this game that practically is the game i play mostly last 2 years.  First of all i have to say that im an rpgholic,and like rpg-strategy games,i also used to play in the past with couple rl friends heroes of might n magic in hot seat style. Turn based u play u give your turn next player etc etc. Was a good game we had our blast back in those years.

Now after quitting wow with my friends around 2 years ago  and apart playing coop some old games like bg2 icw2 etc etc i recalled age of wonders that i tried few years ago it had some cool things compared to heroes but for some reason i hadnt stucked with it at that time, so we downloaded it and had a real close look at it played few games...and that was it!!! At this point i must tell u that the last 2 years almost every day we play it me and my 2 friends 4-8 hours per day. We r completely burned with it and it doesnt seem to get boring. Now why is that...

15 races

5 neutral alligment  Humans,Tigrans,Frostlings,Draconians,Nomads

5 good alligment     Elfs,dwarfs,halflings,syrons and 1 pure good Archons

5 evli alligment       orcs,goblins,Dark elfs,Shadow demons and 1 pure evil Undead

Now evry race is very different from each other has completely different army units with completely different stats and abilities to use in combat or in the map. The game is quite deeper and more tactical than heroes of might n magic series, cause u have many many things to get busy with. Apart building structures in your cities ,explore the map level up your units and your heroes,discover artifacts and treasures, u can actually develop your strategy in each game with resource management,there are gold,mana,produtcions points,growth points for the cities,research points for the spells,so u can  also research faster new magic spells. At this point i must mentions that there are are various magic schools and every time u start a game u choose what magic u ll have.

Life,Fire,Air,Water,earth,Death or u can multiclass of a srot and pick any combination u like at the cost ofc of loosing some lvl4 or 3 strong spells depends of what multiclass path u pick.

We usually play 1v1v1 since we r 3 along with 5 computer players with random map generator so each game we play is different from the other.. What happens in all games varies depending on the map,locations of players, and ofc diplomacy,in order to beat each other when we meet a computer player we use diplomacy to achieve peace and alliance if possible and there are alot of options on what to do ,like trade cities with your ally cpu u get 1 city near his main city to help him defend if an enemy human player tries to take his empire etc etc ,trade resources artifacts everything u can imagine.

Now the key factor to the whole game ethism/addiction the kicking point is this. The editor of the game actually allows u to make almost everything u want. After 2 years me and my friends have altered the game compared to the vanilla version around 200% . I can say now the game qwe play is quite different from what we used to play.And all this thnks to the editor.

We have created our own modules and play it, u can create new units with other unit bodies,we downloaded lots of tools and modules with tons of new units and unit bodies from http://aow2.heavengames.com/

Imagine now in the game we play we have putted inside Nondrien elfs from Lotro for the elfs, wartrolls and cave trolls for the orcs :P ,spartans and basically anything u can imagine.

The cool thing with editor is that u can change abilities or the level of  abilities and its values att def damage etc and u can create your own units and races if u like.

Adifference from the heroes series is that while in heroes u had an army unit lets say vampires 85 of them they couldnt earn xp. Here its different.Every unit is alone,u have 8 units per army, but u hacan have in fights if u wish for up to 5 armies in the same battle depending if u positions well next to each other so they can appear in the battlefield. and evry unit can get 2 levels furhter improving their stats. The heroes u have,find summon can go up to 30 lvl.

Now the big difference from the Homm series is that AOWSM has simultaneus mod. the problem with heroes of might n magic was that it was taking a lot of time to play itand therefore killing the multiplayer factor. In AOW simultaneus mode saves the day. All players play at same time giving a real time strategy fewling and saving u loadas of time. Combat ofc remains turn based.

So whover of u played heroes of might n magic2 ,3 in past u like the kind of these games,got some friends and want to have a blast with them in multiplayer fights? Aowsm hands down get hamachi and u can thank me later. If u have any questions about the game feel free to ask i ll gladly answer anything u want to know.