Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Storm Legion

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In our latest Chronicles of One Telaran, we take a look at the recently announced Rift expansion, Storm Legion. See what you think and then weigh in with your comments.

Firstly, the most important thing about the expansion, (and definitely the most important thing to Caedryn), is the introduction of capes into the game. Yes, Caedryn will be able to strut and stride, and his cloak will flow behind him so he can pretend to be the superhero he really is. (And please, no The Incredibles jokes here. Cloaks are cool.) The capes will have their own equipment slot and come with their own unique boosts, meaning they’re not just cosmetic but will add power to your character. I foresee a lot of screenshots of Caedryn standing atop windy mountaintops, his cloak billowing in the breeze while he stares moodily out across the land.

Read more of Paul Crilley's Chronicles of One Telaran: Storm Legion.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ArkanikArkanik Member Posts: 30

Yep cant wait, Housing added to a game thats only been out a little over a year .

I know of some mmo's that have been out 5-7 years that havent added housing or mentoring what a shame. Well they cant say rift copied wow on these two additions can they?

Triple world size and basically 4 new classes.

Took me 4 tries to finally get into rift but glad that i stuck it out , im loving the game now. 4 levels away from cap .

The mentoring is awesome , yet to try conquest. im into pve more.. but it always leaves even more for me to do if i ever get bored.

• ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138

Favorite game at the moment. Thank you Trion :)

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Too late, already canceled my acct. Game is too slow and repetitive.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Caedryn, how are you not at max level yet? You are a slow dwarf, my friend.

Smile

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

I quit this game shortly after hitting 50.  After 2 months I came across a news post about Rift... and I had forgotten I had ever played it.  Completely forgot.  Like it was gone from my memory, and then came back. 

When people say something is forgettable, they are usually being figurative, but I seriously forgot about this game. 

It seems like a lot of time has passed for them to finally announce an x-pack, and it would have to offer a whole lot more, in terms of world pvp and making endgame fun.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by adam_nox

I quit this game shortly after hitting 50.  After 2 months I came across a news post about Rift... and I had forgotten I had ever played it.  Completely forgot.  Like it was gone from my memory, and then came back. 

When people say something is forgettable, they are usually being figurative, but I seriously forgot about this game. 

It seems like a lot of time has passed for them to finally announce an x-pack, and it would have to offer a whole lot more, in terms of world pvp and making endgame fun.

Luckily Rift has not had this effect on me, although I know what you mean because some other MMO's have been extremely forgettable to me in a literal sense.

But for the ones that were completely and easily forgettable for me, I don't think there's anything that any expansion could ever include... that would make me reconsider.

With that said, I am very stoked for Storm Legion and am really enoying 1.9.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Razeekster

He is a freelance writer.  He is getting paid to do this, he plays enough to be able to write.  And hes very good at it, these columns are always a fun read.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nwbassonnwbasson Member Posts: 5

dbl post

• nwbassonnwbasson Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Razeekster

I'm sure Caedryn is not his main.