Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Are You Ready for August 28th?

1234568»

Comments

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by Iudicium

Worst date to release a game when the unniversity and school are about to start really nice -.-

Wrong, it's the best time to release for a MMO, reason being is that the customer can't consume the content rapidly fast. What this does it that people who play the game won't get mad because the game will last longer. TSW will have a problem keeping people subbing because people have the whole summer to play the game.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I am very ready for the 28th, already got my day off for the launch, heck I never use my holidays may as well use em now XD

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

My wife just told me she is going away with her sister for the weekend of the head start. Its like a dream come true =-) Pizza pockets, coke and no sleep for at least 40hrs! Im getting my game face on!

She is a wise women indeed, I have a feeling most of us wont be a pretty sight on that sunday afternoon. ;)

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Worst date to release a game when the unniversity and school are about to start really nice -.-

It doesn't really matter as GW2 doesn't have an end game, so really if anything it will keep the player base for longer. 

I am there at head start and think it is a good secondary mmorpg, but after clearing the content at launch there may be little to log back into after a couple of months.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

That may be the case in your part of the world but this is an international release. There's no way to keep everybody happy all the time.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Gw2? What's that?...oh yea, now i vaguely recall

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

Gw2? What's that?...oh yea, now i vaguely recall

Someone hold wrightstuf down while I slap him with a wet kipper....

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Was that Zaitan in the video?! I wasn't expecting much, but it's kinda cool to see a glimpse of how they are going to handle dealing w/ the elder dragons. I know they said it was going to be quite a huge undertaking, looks very insane indeed.

• dimureadimurea Member Posts: 4

Invigorating!

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Its a good thing they put the 12 in there, other wise some of us would have been expecting it next years August... ^^  It will be interesting to see how it plays. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • Ludichris1Ludichris1 Member Posts: 41

IT'S ON LIKE ANET PONG!

• CanutisCanutis Member Posts: 1

Man, first day of classes

• Yes. The preparations are OK and look forward to the game.:)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i think Torchlight 2 releases on august 28th too.... that really sux. ill have GW2 on my desktop and TL2 on my laptop and play at the same time on launch >.> grrrrr

• XeridianXeridian Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Kyus_HoB

Is it actually the 25th though for those who preordered direct from Arena Net we should get in 3 days early..?

Did you not read the post up top where it answered your question for you?...

Originally posted by rojo6934

i think Torchlight 2 releases on august 28th too.... that really sux. ill have GW2 on my desktop and TL2 on my laptop and play at the same time on launch >.> grrrrr

If you prepurchased Torchlight II it will give you the release date. It releases before then,

Originally posted by aesperus

Was that Zaitan in the video?! I wasn't expecting much, but it's kinda cool to see a glimpse of how they are going to handle dealing w/ the elder dragons. I know they said it was going to be quite a huge undertaking, looks very insane indeed.

While it appears to be Zhiatan, (I thought the same thing) I've been told by pretty reliable sources, that's just a minion and that Zhiatan is made up of hundreds of those type dragons. We shall see! :D