Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conquest ROCKs!

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

BPlayed Conquest for the first time today. Incredible is all I can say! Everyone should be playing RIFT! I know its popular as I have characters on 4 servers. I logged out for dinner and came back. Guess what! All 4 of my servers have que times. From 15 minutes to the 3 minute wait for Wolfsbane.

Cant wait to log back in. OMG Conquest is so much fun!

Comments

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by xpowderx

BPlayed Conquest for the first time today. Incredible is all I can say! Everyone should be playing RIFT! I know its popular as I have characters on 4 servers. I logged out for dinner and came back. Guess what! All 4 of my servers have que times. From 15 minutes to the 3 minute wait for Wolfsbane.

Only 2 servers had queue times, and they were both very brief.  

Conquest is a warfront that takes between 10 and 20 minutes to finish, and has a 2 hour cooldown (that I am sure will be lowered, as people are FURIOUS about it).

Conquest is the most fun thing Rift has added since EI, but this patch day has not been their finest moment and tons of people will be disappointed when they realize conquest is not what it was made out to be

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Are there any vids of this?

I used to love Rift back when it first came out. I've had trouble going back to older MMMOs lately, but I've always thought about going back to Rift for a time. I hear the population has stabilized quite a bit, are servers still pretty active?

Originally posted by aesperus

Are there any vids of this?

I used to love Rift back when it first came out. I've had trouble going back to older MMMOs lately, but I've always thought about going back to Rift for a time. I hear the population has stabilized quite a bit, are servers still pretty active?

The population is still overall in a downward trend, but there are certainly a number of stable servers.  There are 8 active NA servers, my guess is 6 of those will be active at least until GW2 launch (probably past that).  There were 14 or 15 active servers 3 months ago though.

I don't consider 15 bucks a very big investment, so I would recommend going back and seeing if it clicks for you.  For some people it does, you have little to lose.

• MallarkyMallarky Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by teakbois

BPlayed Conquest for the first time today. Incredible is all I can say! Everyone should be playing RIFT! I know its popular as I have characters on 4 servers. I logged out for dinner and came back. Guess what! All 4 of my servers have que times. From 15 minutes to the 3 minute wait for Wolfsbane.   Cant wait to log back in. OMG Conquest is so much fun!

Conquest is a warfront that takes between 10 and 20 minutes to finish, and has a 2 hour cooldown (that I am sure will be lowered, as people are FURIOUS about it).

Conquest is the most fun thing Rift has added since EI, but this patch day has not been their finest moment and tons of people will be disappointed when they realize conquest is not what it was made out to be

You know I was thinking of giving this a try because three faction pvp is awesome until I read about this cool down and timed matches. Why can't developers make persistent pvp, why the hell does every thing have to be timed, scored, regulated, and so on? Aren't there bough stupid rules in real life?

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Can you still macro all your characters abilities into one button?

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by teakbois

Matches last a little longer than 10-20 minutes and the cooldown is only 10 minutes while the victorious faction finishes the PVE boss.

• ArkanikArkanik Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Can you still macro all your characters abilities into one button          

Ill say this again Nobody is making you macro anything thats a choice , just like using a cash shop its there but not mandatory in other games.

Another thing the macros fire off in the same speed as clicking or keybinding does so i dont understand the problem with it .

Less finger work or more finger work the choice is yours. If your like me you only use maybe one or two macros so ya dont get bored of hitting the same 1 or 2 keys over and over. Or just dont use any.

Never understood why this is a problem some of you act like its a forced feature .

Is this really a problem or an excuse not to play?

Dont like it dont use it.

Simple solution.

If this is a game breaker for some its completely ridiculous all games have macros.

***My opinion of course***

Originally posted by Xssiv

Matches last a little longer than 10-20 minutes and the cooldown is only 10 minutes while the victorious faction finishes the PVE boss.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/pvp-warfronts/322525-conquest-cooldown.html

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

I really enjoy conquest. Multiple 40-man raids for each faction battling it out, and assive amounts of favor and prestige. 

Rift