Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The new problem...

WoWisLEETWoWisLEET Member Posts: 68

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beta delay announcement

I got word from Egomancer on what the devs are working on at the moment and I believe he ment for me to pass it along to everyone.

quote:

Here we try to fix all the problems and I do not want to get people into beta before the things are fixed. Mainly the problems are with the dialogs and the pathfinding of the monsters.

"Problems with dialogs" means conversations between PCs and NPCs. And "path finding of the monsters" is what allows the mobs to chase you down and beat the stuffing out of you.

There is no estimated date yet. But they are working on the issues and will post a date when they can.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to thread: http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=18036

Guess what...delayed again...(sigh)

Comments

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Sort of like when you dangle a carrot in front of a mule to keep it going. It doesn't know that it will never get the carrot. Yet because the carrot is in front of it. The mule will continue to move forward in an attempt to get it. I think that's the perfect analogy to describe Mourning and the delays.

Mourning is becoming the next big MMO joke since Horizons. Beta tomorrow promises for weeks on end are the 'Message of the Day'. ::::12::

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• ArawniteArawnite Member Posts: 163
    Dialogs and pathing problems? Pretty basic stuff for being rdy to ship in a week or so. Are they sure it doesn't need another year of beta?
  • RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

So let me get this straight (lol fat chance). Last week when they announced that the only thing stopping them from starting the pay to play Beta was a corupted email list (not very imaginative), what they actually meant was the beta code itself was not finished.

Now why am I the only dumbass that finds that confusing ?image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

"Honest Sir the dog ate my code" image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

lol::::18::::::18::

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

Originally posted by Razorback
    "Honest Sir the dog ate my code" image

No no no. SOE stole half it and made EQ2 with it.::::07::
    Then Arena.net stole other half and made GuildWars with it. ::::12::
    Don't you folks know anything sheesh.::::31::

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• stav1stav1 Member Posts: 282

Why do you all post this rubbish?

Is it inconceivable that there might not be problems arising in the code?

Its common in mmorpgs where you fix one problem/do something and a bug appears in a different part of the code. It takes guts for a dev to admit this.

So there are problems within pathfinding and npc dialog? So what -Mourning is in closed beta - that's when you're supposed to fix problems.

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    They need to post what game they are getting ready to release sine it is much different then the hyped up version.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

They've already posted ad nauseam the features of the game that will be in for release and which will be added during retail. They have been more honest than most in doing this.

• brando13184brando13184 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by Grunch
    They need to post what game they are getting ready to release sine it is much different then the hyped up version.

Actually ... they have been pretty honest about whats going in at release and thats more than likely why they are delaying it so much.  They want to make sure that all the features they said would be in release, are in at release.

Its getting incredibly annoying sitting around waiting for this game to get released to even Beta.  It does no good to have a fanboi attitude because then the devs think they can get away with just about anything ...

• ArawniteArawnite Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by stav1

Its common in mmorpgs where you fix one problem/do something and a bug appears in a different part of the code. It takes guts for a dev to admit this.
    So there are problems within pathfinding and npc dialog? So what -Mourning is in closed beta - that's when you're supposed to fix problems.

I think you are missing one very important thing here...

This game is set to release in ONE WEEK!

The kinds of problems they are claiming should have been ironed out MONTHS ago.

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

Someone posted about a MMORPG scam a while ago. Here's the post:

I just had a great idea for a scam

Create a false MMO claiming to be the MMO's player's wet dream. Get someone to make some 3D renders, fake some screenshots etc. Put up a website, forums, etc. Put up beta-applications, followed by some fake accounts saying that they've been accepted in the typical "I'm not allowed to say anything way *hint hint*" way.

Leave it a few months, adding some more screenshots even faked movies here and there and obviously the obligatory progress news reports.

Then you stick up a pre-order option on the website and let the cash roll in. Then "slip" a bit. Maybe put up some fake magazine's review results (though this could give the game away). When the cash has stopped flowing in announce one final slip to be able to deliver a polished product, gather up all the money, leave the website going and dissappear.

You'd have at least a couple of months to vanish before anyone even started looking (and let's not forget about the option of selling the credit card numbers to certain members of the darker side of society).

Almost perfect, no?

http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=16978

It seems the Mourning devs are following the script to the letter. This post was made way before the beta announcement was made. Coincidence?

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

A friend of mine described that very idea to me late in 2000 and asked if Id like to get involved. I declined, not because Im above ripping off fools but mainly because Im too lazy to run a website and make fake screenshots image

I try not to get so wrapped up in anything that I cant see past it to get a glimpse of reality. So in relation to mourning, as George Dubblyer would say "all options are still on the table"

Nothing would surprise me image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

Ah you dudes infuriate me imageimage

Game is not releasing in one week - so i am not missing any point!

And its not a scam Razor as we've debated about 1.123 million times  before!

The point is that you and me both should be demanding of the devs that they release a retail game that has all the features which make this game so anticipated.

• superhero13superhero13 Member Posts: 170
    Razor gets a perverse pleasure from being a forum Troll. No need to give any credibility to anything he says. Nothing to see here. Move along.
  • ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by superhero13
    Razor gets a perverse pleasure from being a forum Troll. No need to give any credibility to anything he says. Nothing to see here. Move along.
    And you get the pleasure of being a fanboy without a brain of your own::::12::

Originally posted by superhero13

lol Razor a troll? Do you just not know what the meaning of a forum troll is? Razor is far from being a troll.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Why not just sit back and wait and see what happens. Good lord it is only a game and not costing anyone a dime one way or the other. It may turn out to be a great game, on the other hand it may be like WoW or Horizons.

I miss DAoC

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

These forums becaame the new home of every friggin idiot forum troll from any other MMORPG it seems.

What's the prolem really? Every MMORPG gets delayed like crap. It'S not like WOW came in time.
    Maybe Mourning will be crap. Noone knows. I'm no Mourning fanboy. I look at facts once the game is out.

Why are these forums not moderated? Threads like this should be closed.
    MMORPG.COM is nothing other than a huge flamefest.
    I remember MMORPG.COM as a good place to get info and chat a few years ago. Now it'S full of stupid kiddies bashing any other game because they think the game they play is the best.

Same goes for the Ranking. I gave this game 0.0 because WoW owns! A typical comment you see everywhere. Very well done.
    There needs to be something done soon. MMORPG.COM is going down the drain.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

I am sorry but we will not censor our members to the level where they cannot express a negative opinion on our boards.  As long as they can do so without attacking another individual in our community or violating our rules of condcuct we will let their words stand. 

Please note that MMORPG.com is not a "fan" site for any particular game...we let our community speak their minds. 

Even when people create posts that bash us (i.e. all the anti-IGE threads) we do not delete them - we let their words be heard and listen to our community.  I don't believe in running this site like a dictatorship.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Originally posted by Thoemse

These forums becaame the new home of every friggin idiot forum troll from any other MMORPG it seems.

What's the prolem really? Every MMORPG gets delayed like crap. It'S not like WOW came in time.
    Maybe Mourning will be crap. Noone knows. I'm no Mourning fanboy. I look at facts once the game is out.

Why are these forums not moderated? Threads like this should be closed.
    MMORPG.COM is nothing other than a huge flamefest.
    I remember MMORPG.COM as a good place to get info and chat a few years ago. Now it'S full of stupid kiddies bashing any other game because they think the game they play is the best.

Same goes for the Ranking. I gave this game 0.0 because WoW owns! A typical comment you see everywhere. Very well done.
    There needs to be something done soon. MMORPG.COM is going down the drain.

Could someone please translate this into something readable? I have no idea what point you are trying to make. You say the these forums have become the new home of 'friggin idiots' and 'forum trolls'. ::::12:: Then it's pretty obvious you know nothing about this community. Maybe you should look for somewhere else to board warrior I guess? Because MMORPG.com is one of the best MMO based communities around for the reasons that Admin stated.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

Originally posted by Admin
    I am sorry but we will not censor our members to the level where they cannot express a negative opinion on our boards. As long as they can do so without attacking another individual in our community or violating our rules of condcuct we will let their words stand.
    Please note that MMORPG.com is not a "fan" site for any particular game...we let our community speak their minds.
    Even when people create posts that bash us (i.e. all the anti-IGE threads) we do not delete them - we let their words be heard and listen to our community. I don't believe in running this site like a dictatorship.

Take note, everyone. *This* is how a community should be ran.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    I just deleted 2 posts because of members calling other members "stupid" and "idiot" - please everyone - although we don't censor your thoughts and feelings...you have to use these boards without attacking other members to make your point.  I think you will find that leaving this part out will result in much more intelligent discussions image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• happydan20happydan20 Member UncommonPosts: 260

Originally posted by Admin

I am sorry but we will not censor our members to the level where they cannot express a negative opinion on our boards.  As long as they can do so without attacking another individual in our community or violating our rules of condcuct we will let their words stand. 
    Even when people create posts that bash us (i.e. all the anti-IGE threads) we do not delete them - we let their words be heard and listen to our community.  I don't believe in running this site like a dictatorship.

Anyone else feel the subtext at the end of most of these setences?  "we are not mourning:P"

I find it funny how many people come from the mourning boards and expect it to be run in a heavy handed fashion...  It's like people coming out of nazi germany wanting the "good ol days" to return (the basis of neo-nazism).

Although I disagree with this sites choice to allow IGE to advertise, I can accept a business decision and have a lot of respect for this site in that they have not censored my views in any way.

An internet without opinions, be them positively or negetively charged, is just a data stream.