Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the fk isnt VG FTP yet ?

RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

its been announced montns ago the game is not dying anymore ... ITS DEAD ... RRRR    .... IIIiiii ..... PPPP

Gameplay responsivness always sucked and still is.

No PvP. No Population. Most incounters are just tank and spank.

Seriously this game should have gone Free to play like 3 years ago.

so you guys tell me what the hell is going on.

Its no supprise TERA is doing so much better all good the people from NC Soft left the boat to do their own thing

Miss Management and decisions right there.

Comments

• ThreeSixtyThreeSixty Member UncommonPosts: 41

Not sure what sort of answer you're looking for.  Vanguard going free-to-play, whether it happens tomorrow or it had happened three years ago, is not going to fix the issues you're complaining about anyway.  PvP is not on the near horizon.  Combat is not going to change.  Population might go up, might not.  Lag and responsiveness issues during raids have been around forever.  The conversion is focused on making some content adjustments to the 1-50 leveling experience, and that's about it.

It didn't go free-to-play three years ago because SOE didn't convert it.  Why , who knows?  They've more or less neglected VG for several years until very recently, maybe that's why?  Either way, all it's going to change is some content tweaks and the pay structure.  Still doesn't sound like a game you're going to want to play regardless.

If you want to bash on a game you don't like, head on over to the SWTOR forums - that seems to be what they're there for.  Or any other upcoming game, where the feedback might still make a difference.  Vanguard is what it is, and it's too late for it to become a completely different game now.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

I'm not sure what the delay is, although they did annouce it would be this summer.  OP I really hope you were fall down drunk when you wrote your post, as it makes little to no sense.

TERA what?  TERA isn't doing well if that's what you're trying to say.  Although I'm not sure what you're trying to say at all.  Sleep and lots of water does wonders for hangovers.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

They might be making money off there subs and the item shop is not ready yet.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Mardukk

I'm not sure what the delay is, although they did annouce it would be this summer.  OP I really hope you were fall down drunk when you wrote your post, as it makes little to no sense.

TERA what?  TERA isn't doing well if that's what you're trying to say.  Although I'm not sure what you're trying to say at all.  Sleep and lots of water does wonders for hangovers.

^this.

wth does NCSoft, TERA (which is failing also, btw), have to do with Vanguard and SOE?

dude, take some anti-inflammatories, drink a big glass of water, a couple C vitamin pills help me it seems as well, and then go to bed. you'll be better in the morning, i promise.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Summer just started a few days ago, you're looking at maybe 3 months at most, if they're still planning to go F2P.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Yeah I think Tera just took too long to come out of the gate. It had some really nice buzz and then there was like an extra year or so of waiting because of the revisions and in that time the Korea TERA news came out and it kind of lost steam by the time we finally got it.

Personally by the time TERA was starting to hype itself up I saw the Archeage beta tests and it kind of sucked any anticipation I had left for TERA and got redirected right into that.

As far as Vanguard goes, a date would be nice but either way going to try this and Wizardry out and see if it will be worth a Station Pass or sub options to either or both. Eager to check it out.

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184

sorry no clue were the wrong persons to ask anyway :)

yu need to ask the persons at soe fer tht info since it seems like theyr the 1s running the show so to speak so mebbe ask the question over there?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Is Tera really doing so much better? VG did sell over 200K copies at launch, it is just that subs declined pretty fast.

I agree that Tera is indeed a lot better coded than VG (Brad must have hired in his drinking buddies to code) but it is still not the best example out there, Rift for one thing have done a lot better at least so far.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

its taking longer to gut the 1-50 content down to entitled brat level than they expected.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Because of your grammar.

$0E are waiting until you finish a fourth grade literature class before pushing Vanguard onto the F2P platform, so as to allow you more time and effort to devout yourself to the game.

They're only doing it out of kindness of their hearts, for you.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Cinatrot

Because of your grammar.

$0E are waiting until you finish a fourth grade literature class before pushing Vanguard onto the F2P platform, so as to allow you more time and effort to devout yourself to the game.

It could be that his first language is French.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by Uhwop
    Originally posted by Cinatrot

Because of your grammar.

It could be that his first language is French.

That would be okay, then.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by azmundai

its taking longer to gut the 1-50 content down to entitled brat level than they expected.

Oh I hope not. I'd prefer the journey to cap to be a long and fun trip. Not max cap in 2 weeks.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by azmundai its taking longer to gut the 1-50 content down to entitled brat level than they expected.

Oh I hope not. I'd prefer the journey to cap to be a long and fun trip. Not max cap in 2 weeks.

its 50/50 at this point. no one knows for sure I dont think what they are doing, but it appears they are creating a "Golden Path"

this could be just simply a series of travel quests that link unused zones together

but many think it is ending up as a watered down VG experience.

the test server patch notes are full of "silverlake: tuned to lvl 20+" followed by a long string of more specific stuff I didnt pay much attention to.

we'll see I guess.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)