Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All pre-orders will get access this friday

YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Post from the official forums http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=35223

The Secret World will launch on July 3rd. Everyone who has pre-ordered the game will however get access four days earlier on June 29th. Anyone with a pre-order will be able to get into the game at 16:00 GMT (18:00 CEST, noon EDT, 9am PDT). Players who placed their pre-orders early and anyone with the Grand Master Pack will get access on June 29th even earlier.

Every account eligible for Early Access will receive an e-mail at the time when the account is opened up for access so make sure you check your e-mails frequently on June 29th.

See you on friday.

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Good news but not unexpected after seeing how smooth this last BWE was. They obviously have the infrastructure to handle us all.

It's a long WE for us Canadians coming up and I happen to be off Friday as well... I'll get 4 solid days in :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162

Great news and thanks for the link!

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Yes, great news, glad I will be able to play the game over the weekend!

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

That is wonderful news. Now we get to play all weekend and I pulled my calf training for Warriors Dash yesterday so I can't do my race on Saturday anyway. Was wondering how to waste my time since I cancelled Pathfinder for the Race.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Good news i thought they would do this considering how good every beta weekend has been.

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

But wasn't it supposed to be staggered launch like SWTOR depending on sales? That was my impression.

I think it is staggered a little atleast.It says you can get in at a certain time,but early preorder's and lifers will get in even earlier.Plus didn't they invite over a million people for the last weekend?Servers ran pretty solid it seems.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

But wasn't it supposed to be staggered launch like SWTOR depending on sales? That was my impression.

They didn't guarantee you any better than a SWTOR staggered launch, but they probably stress tested their servers to hell during the open beta so they know they can handle the load from the people who pre-ordered. Just between the two last beta weekends, they 100k-200k people signed up for the open beta and they had 1.5 million signed up for the beta weekend June 22-25th and except for the 30 minute delay it ran pretty smooth.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

That was how it was announced.  Probably to cover their bases if they got overwhelmed by pre-orders and/or the servers werent up to handeling everone at once.  They must be confident the server performance is enough to handle how many pre orders they got.

Good news for me, since I pre-ordered last week image

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

Yep probably not a lot of people bought the game.  Or they could feel confident in their server load.

Who knows.  Who cares.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

Well, they must have changed it today, like a few hours ago. The initial plan was a staggered launch starting friday and ending monday (yea, those who pre-ordered late would have got access only monday), They responded that everyone will receive an e-mail with the day and the hour when they can access the game. They responded to my request in less than 10 min. Also, some time ago i contacted live support with concerns on my account, the response was instant. So far the support is great, they listen to the players, they also read these boards, their boards etc. I just hope they keep this up.