Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish they would make Eve more accesible. God

1235»

Comments

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

man, I hate it when a trol is bad, and obviously a troll.

Seriously, do it right or don't do it at all.  Preferably not at all.

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570
    Originally posted by Malcanis

I just wanted to say that I had faith in Belarion even when others doubted him. And he came through against opposition and justified that faith in his ability to make people mad.

Truly, this is what makes EVE players great.

/bow /bow

Thank you thank you. :D Your faith heartens me.

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.

Originally posted by Jorendo
    Originally posted by Belarion

Like don't they know that most of us just want to log in and start having fun? We just want to kill mobs and each other. What is with the heavy emphasis on learning all the ships and intricate details of the game? Talk about a barrier to entry, no wonder this game came no where near WoW in epic funness not to mention subscribers.

First thing they should do is make some sort of quest-like progression so I can hit max level and get to the end game and the pvp.

Second, they should make it F2P so that the game gets a bunch more players and becomes a whole lot more fun.

I would love to enjoy EVE, i would love to get good with it. But as for you the game is to hard for me. And seeing i lack the time needed to invest i will never be able to enjoy is as i would love to enjoy it.

However, this does not mean i want the game to be easyer. EVE is great cause of what it is. And one of the last games out there that still forces people to invest time and work hard to get what you want. To many games are way to easy, both offline as online games. MMORPG's are a joke, you reach the highest lvl in a few weeks. Singleplayer games are so much hand holding that by the time it gets a bit of a challenge the game is over already. There is no satisfaction to be gained from that.

EVE has a massive crowd that loves EVE for what it is. If they make it easyer they might get a lot more players who wanna enjoy the game but find it to hard now. But they will lose their core fans. And seeing how easy people jump from one MMO to another these days i think EVE has a strong strategy. THeir fans will keep playing, they won't jump ship for another more flashyer MMO to play for another 2 months. If they would do that they will face the same problems as AoC, SWToR, etc...becomming free to play cause none one wants to play anymore.

Also F2P doesn't make a game more fun. How would it be more fun? Infact if a game goes F2P for me it means the end of a game cause the game gets flooded with people who wanna play games but not wanna support the devs and ruin the enitre community of that game. No EVE online should stay as it is. Even though it means i can't enjoy it, thats just a shame for me, but i rather see people who love the game and been supporting it for years play that game than seeing people like me who will at most play it for a few months before moving on.

Food for thought.

I love snails.
    Cant hug every snail.

Originally posted by Jorendo
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Malcanis

Like don't they know that most of us just want to log in and start having fun? We just want to kill mobs and each other. What is with the heavy emphasis on learning all the ships and intricate details of the game? Talk about a barrier to entry, no wonder this game came no where near WoW in epic funness not to mention subscribers.

First thing they should do is make some sort of quest-like progression so I can hit max level and get to the end game and the pvp.

Second, they should make it F2P so that the game gets a bunch more players and becomes a whole lot more fun.

6.5/10 not bad, you pressed the right buttons, but it's lacking in emotion, which made it just too obvious. Points added because you got a couple of bites even so.

Too generous as always Malcanis, no more than a 5/10 as he wasn't able to sustain the momentem generated in the early going.

A mans got to sleep. sheesh

Anywho, I don't know what you guys are talking about Im just trying to enjoy an MMO. Isnt that what they are for? Enjoyment? If Eve can start bringing in money like WoW, think about all those people having fun then.

I dont want to toot my own horn or anything but I kinda feel like the Jesus of MMOs. Im just trying to bring the light of MMO Standards Missionary to the rest of the world and you Romans are jumping down my throat like Im a ni-je-fa,like im a second class citizen.

You know what? You can crucify me now! But just wait! MMO standards will rise again!

Okay i just posted, but i only now saw this message. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You don't get it do you? It isn't about you! You know what the problem is with your kind of gamer.....you people are lame! Sorry but thats the only thing that can be said. 10  years ago you where a nerd if you played video games, and than it suddenly became the hip thing to do. With that many games got dumbed down. Tactical Shooters that where really hard suddenly became insanely easy and wheren't tactical at all anymore, just so people like you could feel cool that they played a tactical game. People like you destroyed gaming as it used to be. Games used to be for people who didn't mind retrying the hard parts, people who loved to invest time in their hobby.

It used to be a accomplishement to complete a game. You where the cool kid ammong your friends for completing a certain game cause it was really hard. Then the mainstream gamer discovered gaming 10 years ago and publishers listened to their plee to make games easyer and shorter cause otherwise they can't complete games and it would be more fun if they could no? NOOOOO ITS FREAKING NOT cause you removed the orriginal crow just for your own pleasing. Its like 1700's where we Europeans came to countries around the world and took the land from the locals back than. It never belonged to us but hell we took it anyway and suddenly we made the choices and decisions for those countries.

You compare yourself to jesus among gamers? Well you be lucky that we may not discus religion on this forum cause i as none religiouse person can only say that im glad you see me as a roman jumping on you and use you as second hand citizen. Cause frankly you are. You come to a game that was never meant for you, and you demand it changes cause you think that is better. You would play it only for a month before you hop to another game and don't care one bit if EVE is destroyed as long as you had a fun month no? You think you bring light to the MMO genre. WAKE UP!!! Really kid, wake up! MMORPG's already are as you want it to be, but it doesn't satisfy you anymore so you want it to be even less. Here is a idea for you, go pay for your character so you end up with a highest lvl fully geared character and can only focus on the end game. You don't wanna work for your game yet you blame devs for being lazy. You are just fed up with MMO's i think. There is no shame in that i have those times as well. But don't blame the games for it, and don't speak bs about how it would be better for a game. Cause your type of gamer never been good for games, your type has destroyed entire genre's and are the reason we pay 60 euro for a pc game with only 5 hours gameplay. Dragon Age 2 also listened to your type of gamer and see the result, a broken mess of a RPG that doesn't appeal to the core base and the lost of many fans to future Dragon Age games.

Yeah im fed up with that. I played games before the mainstream became the most important group to please. Yeah they bring in the money, but money doesn't make a game better. A great devoted community does for a MMO. And i rather see only 1000 players who are devoted to a MMORPG than 7 million who can only start arguements, speak l33t talk on the chat channels and people who don't even know how to play their characters cause they didn't take the time to learn how to play and cry and shout it needs to be easyer so we again end up with another boring run fest and seeing those who cried the loudest leave for a new game anyway cause they are bored with it.

Should games only be for the hardcore player? No not at all. But right now everything is only aimed for the mainstream gamer. Rainbow six used to be hard, you needed to play it right. Clear a building could take a long time, just to be one shot at the last moment so you had to start all over again...and you loved it. It was a learning experience! Now you can take a few bullets and only have to redo from the last checkpoint. There needs to be a balance again. Offering games for all kind of gamers. And if that means the mainstream gamer feels left out so be it. They can learn how to play the game or just play the million of other games that are made for them. Games shouldn't always be dumbed down to appeal to a kind of gamer that never planned to invest some time to learn and get skills. Oh and don't come with "yeah no hardcore games, what do you think of Dark souls huh?" THATS JUSt ONE GAME!!! ONE GAME IN THE POOL OF THOUSANDS!!!!! And its not extremely hard, its how games used to be.

/giggle

Thank you for your time and effort.

+1million xp

I love snails.
    Cant hug every snail.

• unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388

I've had some fun with Eve, but at the end of the day, it's Forex with explosions.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

Originally posted by Gurpslord

man, I hate it when a trol is bad, and obviously a troll.

Seriously, do it right or don't do it at all.  Preferably not at all.

Hey!

I take offence to that. I think my Eve admirers would agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you don't like my style find another game to play. "This one is a thinking mans game."

I love snails.
    Cant hug every snail.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Binny45

Personally I think CCP could make a small fortune (again..) by:

a) Leave Tranquility alone!  The people there like things the way they are.  It's too hardcore for my available game time and what not, but hey thems the breaks.  Don't fix if it isn't broken.

b) Start another server, only soften up the rule a bit.  Make a mirror copy of EvE Online, but take a step towards the carebear side of things for the people that simply can't handle this game in it's purest form.  

This way the hardcore types can continue raping each other at their leisure, and the more casual gamers can still experience EvE without all the elitest bullshit from an already dominated game.

They wouldn't do this either.  Someone even made a post on the EVE-O forums and a couple of devs even responded that they would never do this.  In fact, they all sited UO as the reason they would never do this. 

The one server set up is a core philosophy of CCP.  They developed technology specifically for single shard worlds.  You will NEVER see a CCP MMO that uses multiple shards. 

There are two things CCP has stated over and over again, that you will get when you see a game developed by them.  1) It will be a sandbox, and 2) it will be a single shard world.

How rediculous would it be for them to just discard all the effort they put into, and continue to put into, the development for single shard worlds.  They're even putting a consideral amount of effort into the server code for World of Darkness so that it will be a single shard, seemless city world. 

BTW, everything those "casuals" love about EVE, stops working the moment you remove the "elitest bullshit".  The market simply doesn't function properly if you take the PvP out of the game.  NPC rats are not the reason the magority of people lose ships, it's the players that drive one of the most important factors of the game, the economy.

You do realize that it's easier to NOT get blown up in EVE then it is to get blown up?  Good god, I fly around low and null sec space, alone, in a industrial ship, with half the frigging universe at war with me, and I never get blown up.  It doesn't take being an "elitist" to do that, it only takes not being a complete idiot.     

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

I thought eve was "the thinking mans game"  

This thread is sad.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Hauvarn

I thought eve was "the thinking mans game"  

This thread is sad.

They think they can outthink or think away the trolling though?  Maybe?

I don't think a lot of people in this thread thought it all the way through though.  Me thinks.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Considering the number of replies, I give this thread a 7.5/10.

I'm wondering if I could do better if I started a thread in the WoW forums stating all servers should be FFA full loot PvP.  I'll give it a shot.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

Originally posted by dave6660

Considering the number of replies, I give this thread a 7.5/10.

I'm wondering if I could do better if I started a thread in the WoW forums stating all servers should be FFA full loot PvP.  I'll give it a shot.

hehe Thanks

Good luck with your endeavour. Be sure to go check out my MMO Anthem thread in the Pub.

I love snails.
    Cant hug every snail.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

EvE would be 1000000000 times better if you could travel between systems using anything other than gates (yes, I know cap ships can warp themselves and such but I'm talking for everyone/everything)

Make corps/alliances hold territory by doing more than gate camping.

I'd be a real, true smuggler slipping through cracks in the defensive perimeter between stars/planets/stations in a heart beat.

Originally posted by BadSpock

EvE would be 1000000000 times better if you could travel between systems using anything other than gates (yes, I know cap ships can warp themselves and such but I'm talking for everyone/everything)

I'd be a real, true smuggler slipping through cracks in the defensive perimeter between stars/planets/stations in a heart beat.

I've always been an advocate of adding a lot more connections between systems.  Yes, it's only more gates but it would help.  There are too many bottle necks in null sec. 

Cap ships can jump too far.  It's allows alliances to project power way beyond the area they should control.

I wouldn't want to get rid of gates though.  Most fights take place at the gates.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

I've always been an advocate of adding a lot more connections between systems.  Yes, it's only more gates but it would help.  There are too many bottle necks in null sec. 

Cap ships can jump too far.  It's allows alliances to project power way beyond the area they should control.

I wouldn't want to get rid of gates though.  Most fights take place at the gates.

Most fights should take place at/around a station or strategically important planet or resource (asteroid belt) - that's how all of their promo videos show it!

I'd love EvE forever and ever it was anything like the CGI videos they create.

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

So take one of the very very few games that requires a little thinking and make it accessible to imbeciles like the rest of the MMOs out there?  LOL.  I have an even better idea, lets then call it "World of Evecraft" and introduce some Orcs.

But in seriousness I'm pretty certain this post was a jest and the OP just forgot to put the TIC at the end of the post...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , to start off , the reason why you need to learn the game from the start is because the good corps won't teach you the basics and won't bother on people who can't take a day or two on learning the basics , which in term we call "patience".

Second , CCP won't make EVE-Online F2P , they are getting way enough income to upgrade their servers every year and releasing free expansions. Also by keeping the game P2P you keep kids and retards to a bare minimum.

If learning ain't your style , then please move onto another MMO and let the big boys (and girls!) play EVE. :)

Maple Story looks more up your alley , no learning and your pretty much into the action at the beginning.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Most fights should take place at/around a station or strategically important planet - that's how all of their promo videos show it!

Well, they could locate a gate near a strategically important planet..... wait, I think they already do, nevermind.  image

I do agree, it should be a bit tougher to defend space, and not lock up everything at the gates, but what are you going to do?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Most fights should take place at/around a station or strategically important planet - that's how all of their promo videos show it!

Well, they could locate a gate near a strategically important planet..... wait, I think they already do, nevermind.  image

I do agree, it should be a bit tougher to defend space, and not lock up everything at the gates, but what are you going to do?

Hope and pray for the perfect AAA sandbox sci-fi space-based MMO in my head that is never, ever going to be made :(

• BrainDeadGBrainDeadG Member Posts: 30

Those who like Star-Wars or Star-Trek can probably play EVE a bit better than someone who isn't interested in learning about the whole spaceship interprise element.

I managed to get my hands on  Star-Trek Gold-Edition game for the PC!

You couldn't believe how monstrously thick the manual book was with all the descriptions and displays of the game-mechanics and space-ships and races.

It was literally a Harry-Potter book.

• AmuseAmuse Member UncommonPosts: 6

Most fights should take place at/around a station or strategically important planet or resource (asteroid belt) - that's how all of their promo videos show it!

1 word.  Wormholes.      it takes patience and a working knowlege of the systems involved, but i was in a mercenary corp that used wormholes as the main backdoor into the space we were contracted to attack.

Originally posted by Amuse

1 word.  Wormholes.      it takes patience and a working knowlege of the systems involved, but i was in a mercenary corp that used wormholes as the main backdoor into the space we were contracted to attack.

That is very bad ass.

But such a thing I imagine is the rare, rare exception as from what I've experienced and seen, most of the time it comes down to who brings the bigger blob through the gate.

Or jump/cyno whatever.

It's best to keep the fights away from the stations unless you want to deal with docking games.

-- Herman Melville

Hope and pray for the perfect AAA sandbox sci-fi space-based MMO in my head that is never, ever going to be made :(

It's coming Soon (tm).

-- Herman Melville

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

It's always easy to detect people who know nothing about 0.0 by how much the bang on about "gatecamps".

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

It's coming Soon (tm).

Soon....yeah right!

Keep on rockin'!image