Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift or The Secret World?

jp60jp60 Member Posts: 80

Now that college classes are wrapping up I'm looking for an MMO to play over summer. I used to play Rift but after a few of my friends quit playing and the population started to drop off I quit playing. From what I've seen the game looks like its getting better and better especially with 1.9 coming out. So now I'm thinking I might resub and check it out.

The Secret World on the other hand looks really good but the combat looks a little clunky and I don't know about this whole "No Levels" thing. I played the beta for a little but couldn't really get into it due to school work.

My main focus has always been pvp but i also like a little PvE here and there.

So what's your opinions?

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,818
    Originally posted by jp60

Now that college classes are wrapping up I'm looking for an MMO to play over summer. I used to play Rift but after a few of my friends quit playing and the population started to drop off I quit playing. From what I've seen the game looks like its getting better and better especially with 1.9 coming out. So now I'm thinking I might resub and check it out.

The Secret World on the other hand looks really good but the combat looks a little clunky and I don't know about this whole "No Levels" thing. I played the beta for a little but couldn't really get into it due to school work.

My main focus has always been pvp but i also like a little PvE here and there.

So what's your opinions?

This sounds a lot like me. I played RIFT for 10 months, I can't say a thing bad about the that game or that Trion Worlds team.

For me it came down to the TSW ability wheel and leveless system, The ability wheel is like the soul system on steroids. I don't like leveling either, plus I spent 10 months in Telara. Great place, but I've moved on.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • jp60jp60 Member Posts: 80

I agree with you BCBully. I like Telara a lot but for some reason I always felt like I was a small fish in a very big place and that nothing I did had any impact at all on the world.

With TSW I felt like it had a great story but I don't want to play a Single Player MMO. Hopefully as more people get into the game it won't be so bad but right now it just feels like another SWTOR.

But as far as PvP goes which would be better? Or is their another game out or coming out soon that might be better?