Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Barge in on me

HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Remember when I said mining ships needed more tank?

Remember when most of you started to cry over it?

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=72890 

I like this part best:

Mining output: first and most visible balancing factor, plan is to increase all barge mining output to be within an acceptable margin of the Hulk, not miles behind as it is currently.

Autonomy: mining barges should have proper cargo holds so they not always have to rely on jet cans (without turning them into industrials however). That means giving them large, specialized ore bays where all the ore will automatically go into when mining.

Resilience: another point is to give some of them proper EHP not to be one-shot by anything that even remotely sneezes on them. 

Haha!

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

read a little more closely; the tough barges will be those that have somewhat lower mining yields. Hulks and Covetors will still be pretty much as they are now.

Thus the "2 MLUs are my birthright" crowd will carry on mining in max-yield Hulks, and carry on bawwing about being ganked. Only this time with even less sympathy.

Incidentally, did you notice....? That devblog almost-but-doesn't-quite-say-so-in-so-many-words tells us that Hulks are going to be for 0.0 mining ops which can be properly protected. You'll be free to use them in hi-sec if you want to, but don't complain when they get popped.

When the new barges get introduced there will be tears all round, tbh. Personally I think it's a great set of changes.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

gonna be hard to remove miners when this hits ^_^. But will be fun to see what gankers come up with to counter it.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by fatboy21007

gonna be hard to remove miners when this hits ^_^. But will be fun to see what gankers come up with to counter it.

If Hi-sec barges go up to 60k+ EHP, then ganking will switch to mission Tengus.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by Malcanis

read a little more closely; the tough barges will be those that have somewhat lower mining yields. Hulks and Covetors will still be pretty much as they are now.

Thus the "2 MLUs are my birthright" crowd will carry on mining in max-yield Hulks, and carry on bawwing about being ganked. Only this time with even less sympathy.

Incidentally, did you notice....? That devblog almost-but-doesn't-quite-say-so-in-so-many-words tells us that Hulks are going to be for 0.0 mining ops which can be properly protected. You'll be free to use them in hi-sec if you want to, but don't complain when they get popped.

When the new barges get introduced there will be tears all round, tbh. Personally I think it's a great set of changes.

High sec casuals picked the hulk more for it's large cargo size than it's max yield.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Hazelle
    Originally posted by Malcanis

High sec casuals picked the hulk more for it's large cargo size than it's max yield.

So you obviously picked up on the part were the Hulk isn't going to be the "hauler" barge people pretend it is, but the max yeild barge it's intended to be? 

Or did you get so excited over that one line you wrote in red and missed the part about other ships getting dedicated ore bays that will give them the larger holds with lower yeilds? 

And people used the Hulk for it's ISK per hour.  Cargo hold and yeild rate factor into that.  It's not he carebear miners prefered ship for one reason only, it's because of both reasons combined. 

And you're overeading things if you think that you'll be able to fit any barge with no defensive modules and be able to survive a gank.  That's not how the game works; yet that's exactly what people in hi sec do, and why they're so gangable now.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Mark my words:  This will be the end of the suicide gank as you know it.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Hazelle

Mark my words:  This will be the end of the suicide gank as you know it.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Maybe mittens will allow gankers to split kills.  So two people can register your a single gank, and split the payout.

You will ALWAYS be explodable in hi sec.  Always.