Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community run game.

zeuz1813zeuz1813 Member Posts: 5

I'm looking for a game in which the community is responsible for the experience the player base has. somthing similar to Nexus TK where players were leaders of various sub classes, players controlled a lot of the pvp tournaments and other world events, players ran the legal system for punishing players etc. I'm looking for a game that is immersive on a community level. The closest game i can think of that is currently running is Eve but I'm concerned about the learning curve. I am completely willing to move into eve and give it a shot but I want to be aware of any other options I may have. I dont mind p2p or f2p, I also don't need rich combat. 

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

So basically your looking for a sandbox game with a player driven world.  Check out EvE online, probably the most polished and in depth sandbox there is right now, and I'd keep an eye on the game The Repopulation, its kickstarter program is still active and the game looks promising. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

The only thing coming to my mind which I could suggest would also be EVE Online, yes. Just in case that there will be people suggesting stuff like Darkfall or Mortal Online: Don't. It's a trap.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

I would love what you describe. I have to disagree with the general consensus though and say Eve is not the game you are wishing for.  As a new player you will not have any signifigant influence politically. You will have little chance of swaying the council that assists the devs in development decisions.

Perhaps consider A Tale in the Desert. No PVP, but everything is player decided and driven. Let's hope someday gamers will make a game for other gamers where things are decided by the players, but that moment is not now as far as I know.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

runescape

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by huskie77

I would love what you describe. I have to disagree with the general consensus though and say Eve is not the game you are wishing for.  As a new player you will not have any signifigant influence politically. You will have little chance of swaying the council that assists the devs in development decisions.

Perhaps consider A Tale in the Desert. No PVP, but everything is player decided and driven. Let's hope someday gamers will make a game for other gamers where things are decided by the players, but that moment is not now as far as I know.

Im really suprised that those words came from a sandbox player.  If you want to rule an empire you have to work for it, if you want a council seat you have to earn it, those people did not get their places by random pick.  Sandboxes aren't meant to spoonfeed you everything, people go to WoW for that. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• maxkill42maxkill42 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    No one ever mentions Face of Mankind especially if u wanna try something different