Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR still alive?

anaximeanaxime Member Posts: 14

Okay, so after WoW tried to kill me with boredom, and gamestop lied about Gw2 release date, I dropped mmorpg's. Now Im itching to get back into one while I wait on GW2. So SWTOR. I played a few months back, but quit do to the crap laptop I was on, and the very negative forums saying end game sucked. But, with a better laptop, and a some what more optimistic forum community, Im wondering, is it worth getting into?

If you dont like reading, long story short, Is SWTOR dying, or turning out to be a good game worth playing and resubbing?

Comments

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Personally I enjoyed the game until level 50.  It will keep you entertained until that point.  Remember what sight your on.  According to some posters this game was dying before it was released.  Its ceetainly not as popular as it was during launch but the people I have spoken with said the new servers they are on have a decent amount of people.

• FehdFehd Member UncommonPosts: 64

If u get into some populated server than u might get some fun while playing with others in group missions but if u looking for something to pass time till GW2 then I wont recommend ToR , better find a f2p , ToR isn't worth the monthly sub .

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Bioware recently offered free transfers to couple of servers and consolidated the server population. Which means 60-ish people per planet on most populated EU server (Tomb of Freedon Nadd). Not bad, but makes you wonder how many people actually play the game now.

Anyway, new patch with LFG system is coming next week and if you can get a game time card cheap (I got 60-day card for 15€), why not give it a try.

• DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by anaxime

Okay, so after WoW tried to kill me with boredom, and gamestop lied about Gw2 release date, I dropped mmorpg's. Now Im itching to get back into one while I wait on GW2. So SWTOR. I played a few months back, but quit do to the crap laptop I was on, and the very negative forums saying end game sucked. But, with a better laptop, and a some what more optimistic forum community, Im wondering, is it worth getting into?

If you dont like reading, long story short, Is SWTOR dying, or turning out to be a good game worth playing and resubbing?

Servers have been given free transfers , So you might need to move if you resub.

1.3 is out on tuesday with some new stuff including the LFG tool.

So I would say wait till tuesday then give it ago if you have not found anything better to spend your money on.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I played it, only played the free month, figure I got my money worth....Not worth paying monthly for, replay value was low for most people...You did miss most the dead server stuff if those things are fixed...

On a side note, people say to not believe game shops for release dates, if it doesn't come from the game maker, don't believe it.

If I had to chose something now to play, I would get TSW, thats my opinion on it, I am looking into getting it, while I wait on GW2.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

If you didn't quit over the empty servers, then I see no bright light on the horizon. There's sort of a small revival due to people taking advantage of the free server transfers and doing the things they couldn't find the groups for when population was spread over 200+ servers.

A story or two, that's what you should be playing the game for. If you haven't got much time to play then it might hold you over until GW2 comes out. But frankly I think there are free to play games out there that would do a better job of that than TOR, which will also cost you the sub until then.

SWTOR isn't completely dead to answer the title question, but if that's a reason to play it is another matter.

imageimage
  • Bushi131Bushi131 Member Posts: 62

I thought about resubbing as well but after digging about the latest on SWTOR it seems there are on a tight spot.

I think they can use some resub, but I wouldn't do it since they might be in their last strech before some bigger changes.

Even with resubbing i'm afraid I wouldn't help that much.

• darkboazdarkboaz Member UncommonPosts: 160
    I expect a lot of pissed of people if they get many people resubing for 1.3  as they will be coming back to waist lands of servers because the population was striped of rather then merged. So to play they will need to transfer to servers that are crowded because you don’t get to pick where you will go.