Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you make money with it ?

hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

I'm here to ask if you are making money with your game.

Since you can convert ISK to gametime, can you actually cash in some bucks ?  if so.. would you tell me about it ? 

Comments

• cultura82cultura82 Member UncommonPosts: 27

There's no in game mechanics for taking real money from the game.

All you can do is buying game-code (PLEX) with in-game money, so you (legally) can play for free. Quite rewarding for me!

Whoever fears death, dies everyday. Who doesn't, dies only once.
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Elandir90

I'm here to ask if you are making money with your game.

Since you can convert ISK to gametime, can you actually cash in some bucks ?  if so.. would you tell me about it ? 

If there's a will there's a way..

Making real life money in this game is quite plausible..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Opapanax

....and unmentionable on these forums as it's against the ToS.

• WildNatureWildNature Member Posts: 51

I've heard in various circles there's  been an automation program working behind the scene for years. I don't know the program name but my friend was banned after selling 2 ship blueprints I guess that were supposedly the best in the game. He sold both one after the other in about an hour.

He got banned for "using an automated program exploiting the mechanics of the game." I tell you ... this guy was a number cruncher but not a hacker or anything like that. He says they took his account and it's unrecoverable.

Glad I never got into that game.

* Good, honorable, gamers will continue to pay the bills so freeloaders can enjoy the game.
    * Sandboxers and Carebears are 2 sides to the same coin.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by darwa
    Originally posted by Opapanax

....and unmentionable on these forums as it's against the ToS.

Good thing we haven't mentioned anything huh..?

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

There are ways with PLEX, but in all fairness you would probably make more real money selling virtual items  in Second Life and cashing out on the Linden Exchange.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    OP the only way is goons way, make a big corp tell members to buy 60 days GTC using a affiliate link and get 5% cut in USD

BestSigEver :P

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by WildNature

I've heard in various circles there's  been an automation program working behind the scene for years. I don't know the program name but my friend was banned after selling 2 ship blueprints I guess that were supposedly the best in the game. He sold both one after the other in about an hour.

He got banned for "using an automated program exploiting the mechanics of the game." I tell you ... this guy was a number cruncher but not a hacker or anything like that. He says they took his account and it's unrecoverable.

Everyone in prison is innocent.

Cheaters would never lie about what they do to people who think they're friends.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by WildNature

This could very possibly be one fo the dumbest thigns I've read on these forums yet.

If your friend got banned because he sold two items within seconds of each other, I should have been banned a long time ago.  I sell hundreds of items, sometimes at the exact same time, every single day. 

If your "friend" got banned for something he did on the market, it wasn't from selling anything, it was because he was running a bot. 

I'm glad your "friend" got banned. 

This discussion has been closed.