Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game screenshots on homepage

KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

A feature that I think could be useful for MMORPG.com

Currently the homepage shows gallery screenshots with a game connection.  My suggestion is to have the program that generates this section modified so that as it iterates through the recent submissions, it keeps a list of usernames that have a screenshot appearing and filters so that a single user can have no more than one screenshot present.  Since it steps through in inverse chronological order, it would display the most recent.

I have a reason for suggesting this.  When a person submits many screenshots it pushes the rest off the stack and ends up looking spammy.  Reducing to 1 screenshot displayed per user would avoid this and allow more diversity in what users get to see.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.