Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speaking of the Goons

kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

Long but worth your time.

Ahh, the sandbox.

Comments

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132

Yea man, I saw that and was wondering when someone would make a topic.

CCP are just acting embarassing. On several levels.

Disclaimer: I don't fully understand how the trick that the Goons pulled worked, because I don't do FW, and my account is currently inactive since last month. BUT:

CCP implement a system that they don't understand, but Goons did. Then they punish Goons for that, saying that the way they used CCPs mechanic was not intended.

What has CCPs intention got to do with the whole conflict? CCPs intention is so cryptic and incomprehensible in many of their game mechanics that nobody really looks for an explanation anymore and just adapts. (see also: Huge chunks of useless ships, lack of race balance, corp roles management, wallet divisions, low sec in general, etc..) That's what Goons did better than everyone else again. They adapted.

Also, it looks like what Goons did was just market manipulation, which has always been a part of Eve and one of the core essences of its social engine.

Does that mean that I have to petition my every step in the game now to check if its working as intended in the eyes of CCP Sreegs? And who the hell is that Sreegs guy anyway, whose responses are basically "no u"?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1524047#post1524047

That's CCPs forum mascot now? That doesn't exactly make me want to resub to Eve. I get mad just reading that, especially so soon after CCP made "harassing rookies" a bannable offense - without stating what a rookie is - or harassing.

Goons. I applaud you - I think that's what it looks like when someone wins Eve.

EDIT: While I posted this, Sreegs has gotten even more childish:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1524079#post1524079

"Ok I'm going to go watch The Footy. It's been a gas folks."

That's their PR guy? This has got to be a fucking joke, right? Do CCP know that anyone can read their forum? It's also the same person as GM Hemorrhoids, errr, Homophobia, err - excuse me - Homonoia, right?

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Originally posted by FastSloth

Yea man, I saw that and was wondering when someone would make a topic.

CCP are just acting embarassing. On several levels.

Disclaimer: I don't fully understand how the trick that the Goons pulled worked, because I don't do FW, and my account is currently inactive since last month. BUT:

CCP implement a system that they don't understand, but Goons did. Then they punish Goons for that, saying that the way they used CCPs mechanic was not intended.

What has CCPs intention got to do with the whole conflict? CCPs intention is so cryptic and incomprehensible in many of their game mechanics that nobody really looks for an explanation anymore and just adapts. (see also: Huge chunks of useless ships, lack of race balance, corp roles management, wallet divisions, low sec in general, etc..) That's what Goons did better than everyone else again. They adapted.

Also, it looks like what Goons did was just market manipulation, which has always been a part of Eve and one of the core essences of its social engine.

Does that mean that I have to petition my every step in the game now to check if its working as intended in the eyes of CCP Sreegs? And who the hell is that Sreegs guy anyway, whose responses are basically "no u"?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1524047#post1524047

That's CCPs forum mascot now? That doesn't exactly make me want to resub to Eve. I get mad just reading that, especially so soon after CCP made "harassing rookies" a bannable offense - without stating what a rookie is - or harassing.

Goons. I applaud you - I think that's what it looks like when someone wins Eve.

EDIT: While I posted this, Sreegs has gotten even more childish:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1524079#post1524079

"Ok I'm going to go watch The Footy. It's been a gas folks."

That's their PR guy? This has got to be a fucking joke, right? Do CCP know that anyone can read their forum? It's also the same person as GM Hemorrhoids, errr, Homophobia, err - excuse me - Homonoia, right?

You should read all of Sreeg's posts in that thread, its as simple as clicking the "CCP DEV" tag over and over to move to the next post. The conflict atm seems to be:

People exploited a design flaw, said people had assets removed (maybe a little more then they made in the exploit) and people are upset because the exploiters have lost personal assets not gained in the exploit. (some people are upset that CCP took away any assets at all)

I dont see an issue. These people who explain in detail of how they exploited to "help the game" and hopefully avoid punishment are idiotic. They knew what they were doing, they knew it was an exploit, they should be happy they dont have negative wallets or permabanned accounts. If they truly wanted to help the game and the community (lol) then they should have just posted their information rather then actually put it into effect, now they have to lay in the bed they've made.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

Let me sum it up quickly.

Goons find a flaw in a new patch.

Goons stack their ships with certain gear and blow each other to smitherines for massive profit.

Goons brag about in official forums.

Devs take their gains away and fix broken mechanic.

Goons cry precious tears.

• cultura82cultura82 Member UncommonPosts: 27

As a forme ASCNN member I thank goonies defeating Band of Biscuits "cheaters"... for nothing lol

Whoever fears death, dies everyday. Who doesn't, dies only once.
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I don't see how people can admire what Guenies are always doing in EVE. They've said they are out to ruin the game and have made numerous attempts at doing just that.

[mod edit]

It's not a bad thing that they did the number crunching to sniff out this error, but they should've just reported to CCP at first knowledge instead of just exploiting without giving a damn. There is nothing helpful about that towards the longevity of EVE.

[mod edit]

Since my post was modded.. Let me put my point more nice

Guenies are a bunch of babies that need to grow up and stop acting like children. From my POV.. Guenies are a rather large collection of players that are sort of stinky and very manuerish on approach..

I do not favor their exploitive gameplay..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

the problem is that theres quite a few number of people who dont understand what an exploit is. exploits are subject to judgement by devs just as laws are subject to judgement by a judge. i would call what they did an exploit after seeing tons of exploits since the 90s.

others say "oh its a sandbox everything goes." they dont realise that there are rules as well in a sandbox.  a lot of the people who are rabbling and making a big deal out of it seem to be goons and their alts. i wouldnt be surpirsed if the op is also a goon. i gotta give them credit, atleast they try to defend their own. an exploit is an exploit however. if you read the original thread, where these guys were bragging, you can even see they knew they were exploiting. they should get a perma ban, not just have their stuff taken.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

CCP Sreegs isn't "their PR guy". He's head of the security team that chases botters, RMTers, etc. Whilst I don't agree with his actions, he's certainly the guy with the authority to make them.

The real issue is that 5Tn ISK isn't even enough to seriously damage the EVE economy.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• ChramChram Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by Opapanax I don't see how people can admire what Guenies are always doing in EVE. They've said they are out to ruin the game and have made numerous attempts at doing just that.

First off, you got the quote wrong. They dont want to ruin the game, they want to ruin your game. Then you may want to go look up who actually said it and then go look up who in CCP is dealing with this crysis. You may be in for some irony overload.

Also, no verdict has been pronounced as far as I know, and assests have been thus far only temporarily seized to prevent damage to LP items market (which wasn't actually in danger thanks to the FW five being sensible, but :CCP:). Personally, based on previous analogous cases, I think they should be allowed to keep whatever they got. If CCP rules otherwise, it will be a game changer for certain areas of market speculation and the game will become a little more boring as a result. 

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Any exploit should result in a perma account and IP ban imo.

Eve depends on its market and something like this hurts the game and in turn frustrates people that play the right way to the point of leaving. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Z3R01

Any exploit should result in a perma account and IP ban imo.

Eve depends on its market and something like this hurts the game and in turn frustrates people that play the right way to the point of leaving. 

It's going to be difficult for CCP to justify bans for activity that was pointed out to them in testing and was confirmed as "working as intended". CCP's mistake was in not realising how quickly and how massively some EVE players are able to respond to such opportunities.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Malcanis

It's going to be difficult for CCP to justify bans for activity that was pointed out to them in testing and was confirmed as "working as intended".

Source? Proof?

Originally posted by Chram

Originally posted by Opapanax I don't see how people can admire what Guenies are always doing in EVE. They've said they are out to ruin the game and have made numerous attempts at doing just that.

First off, you got the quote wrong. They dont want to ruin the game, they want to ruin your game. Then you may want to go look up who actually said it and then go look up who in CCP is dealing with this crysis. You may be in for some irony overload.

Also, no verdict has been pronounced as far as I know, and assests have been thus far only temporarily seized to prevent damage to LP items market (which wasn't actually in danger thanks to the FW five being sensible, but :CCP:). Personally, based on previous analogous cases, I think they should be allowed to keep whatever they got. If CCP rules otherwise, it will be a game changer for certain areas of market speculation and the game will become a little more boring as a result. 

The game I play is the very same game they play and that game is EVE, So in turn ruining my game would be ruining the game of EVE itself. Thank you for proving my point and giving a fine example of the basic hooplah they try to spit to nieve people who try to put these guys on some pedestal of clever game mechanics.

They purposely exploited this new issue. Just like they've exploited numerous issues in EVE as well as just being overall jackasses.

I won't say that the people who support their actions are as wrongful as Guenies themselves, but giving them admiration just for shits and giggles doesn't help things either. I'm not here to say what type of punishment they should recieve but its more than apparent what they did. By their own admitance they were exploiting..

Plain and simple.. A vast majority of Guens in my experiences are lamer and are out to troll games and the community of those games.

• ChramChram Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by Opapanax

Originally posted by Opapanax ...

The game I play is the very same game they play and that game is EVE, So in turn ruining my game would be ruining the game of EVE itself. Thank you for proving my point and giving a fine example of the basic hooplah they try to spit to nieve people who try to put these guys on some pedestal of clever game mechanics.

They purposely exploited this new issue. Just like they've exploited numerous issues in EVE as well as just being overall jackasses.

Plain and simple.. A vast majority of Guens in my experiences are lamer and are out to troll games and the community of those games.

Your game as in you specifically. Doesn't affect me and my EVE in the slightest, nor do I care whatsoever. I would of course object against ruining the game itself.

Also, it's debatable whether it was an exploit. CCP was notified in advance that it was possible and didn't act. Used were only mechanics that were publicised in dev blogs and perfectly legit. No bugs etc. CCP just din't realize the possible scope in time.

And about Goons - I don't know, I am neither a Goon hater nor lover (I shoot them from time to time), but you have to admire what they have accomplished in EVE. They are probably the most stable and resilient organization on this scale over the last (at least) five years. No small feat when facing the constant adversities of null sec and EVE in general.  

Originally posted by Opapanax ...

Your game as in you specifically. Doesn't affect me and my EVE in the slightest, nor do I care whatsoever. I would of course object against ruining the game itself.

Also, it's debatable whether it was an exploit. CCP was notified in advance that it was possible and didn't act. Used were only mechanics that were publicised in dev blogs and perfectly legit. No bugs etc. CCP just din't realize the possible scope in time.

And about Goons - I don't know, I am neither a Goon hater nor lover (I shoot them from time to time), but you have to admire what they have accomplished in EVE. They are probably the most stable and resilient organization on this scale over the last (at least) five years. No small feat when facing the constant adversities of null sec and EVE in general.  

LoL.. No matter how you try to spin it bro they are out to hinder the experiences of others in EVE. All the nonsense about what game I'm playing compared to what game they are playing is silly..

It's EVE online.. It's not Guens Online and its not Opapanax Online.. LoL..

Guenies did their little math and found the exploitive results. They then purposely targeted that exploit for their own gain.. Exploitive gameplay hands down..

Wow.. just wow dude.. Lol...

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

Hate to break it too you, but Something Awful is a business and is simply in it too make money. 

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

CCP was notified in advance that it was possible and didn't act.  

Source, Proof?

Also, they are not obliged to "act" nor their reluctant stance makes it less of an exploit.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

I won't say that the people who support their actions are as wrongful as Guenies themselves, but giving them admiration just for shits and giggles doesn't help things either. I'm not here to say what type of punishment they should recieve but its more than apparent what they did. By their own admitance they were exploiting..

Thanks for the overly gross generalization and complete lack of informed posting.

We thank you.

You gotta love the hypocrisy that runs rampant on the forums.  TWO, two, guys used a loophole in the FW mechanic to generate a bunch of isk, CCP releases what they thought was a fix, then those same TWO guys demonstrated how it wasn't fixed. 

Oh but wait.  Jade Constantine openly states that he's going see if he can exploit the new wardec system, CCP sees that it's not being used as intended, and damned if we aren't, yet again, blamed for something else in the game. 

You guys hate us so much but you never. do. aything. about it.  Crying on the forums isn't going to stop us; it only reaffirms the truth.  We're winning at internet spaceships, and you can't handle it. 

• EluwienEluwien Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Originally posted by Uhwop
    words

You gotta love the hypocrisy that runs rampant on the forums.  TWO, two, guys used a loophole in the FW mechanic to generate a bunch of isk, CCP releases what they thought was a fix, then those same TWO guys demonstrated how it wasn't fixed. 

Oh but wait.  Jade Constantine openly states that he's going see if he can exploit the new wardec system, CCP sees that it's not being used as intended, and damned if we aren't, yet again, blamed for something else in the game. 

You guys hate us so much but you never. do. aything. about it.  Crying on the forums isn't going to stop us; it only reaffirms the truth.  We're winning at internet spaceships, and you can't handle it. 

This guy, is absolutely right.

Blame 10,000 for acts of 2, demand "justice" by demanding ban for the CEO and dismantling the community. Call the UN I mean CCP for help or blame them for the lack of, because you're too fucking weak to get your own legs off the coffee table and go to your real computer and start an actual fight against "the enemy".

Every single day, somewhere in Tranquility, Clusterfuck Coalition Jump Freighter is killed and 5+ billion ISK is lost. We just get over it, or retaliate.

DAoC - 00-06 - And every now and then
    WoW - Online since launch - and now back again.
    EVE - Online since 07 - and still on, and on, and on..
    WHO - Online 08-10
    LOTR-O - Online 06-08
    Also played : Asherons Call, EverQuest, EQ2, Dungeons & Dragons, Cabal, Dark & Light, GW, 
    GW2, LA2, Ryzom, Shaiya, SWG, Allods, Forsaken World, ArcheAge, Secret World, Darkfall, Rift, ESO, Tera.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Hmm, the Goons did something bad again and got caught and their ill gotten gains were confiscated.. is this something we should really be concerned about.. i've no doubt they have another fiddle or three in progress anyway, dishonest behaviour is part and parcel of being a Goon.. unless they've changed their modus operandi lately.. which is .. hard to imagine. image

Originally posted by Phry

Hmm, the Goons did something bad again and got caught and their ill gotten gains were confiscated.. is this something we should really be concerned about.. i've no doubt they have another fiddle or three in progress anyway, dishonest behaviour is part and parcel of being a Goon.. unless they've changed their modus operandi lately.. which is .. hard to imagine. image

Haha..Which makes me wonder what the prervious two posters before you are even trying to get at. They exploited and got caught. It's not like this is a FIRST for Guens, they have done these types of things and other exploitive tactics and have used them at whim on numerous occassions.

AND

Everytime they get caught doing something underhanded they want to run and become the victims.. LmAo.. I think that's the part I find most humerous. I've stated that not all Guenies are like this but the VAST majority I've personally have come across or caught wind of seemed to be the very trollish, griefer, and exploitive type.

It's not MMORPG.com forums, CCP or any anti-guens fault that their (Guens) community of players choose to be such douches, but then again that's what guenies like to be.. Douches.. Lol.. It's their fire and brimstone.. It's ya'll thing.. Do ya'll seriously think people don't know this by now..? Guenies have been exposed many times, this is just another point of evidence..

Its not surprising to see Guens come out the woodworks tho to try and justify what was done. Yeah okay TWO guys from the Guenies were the guilty parties in this, though they did so knowing they had full blessings from the leadership within Guenies..

Isn't denile a river in Egypt?

Gotta love getting under a Guens skin.. hahahaha

Our modus operandi is to have fun.  Everything about us is set up to make EVE as fun as possible for every person within our corp.

Everyone likes to act like we're out to destroy the game, all the while we're one of the hardest core group of players DEDICATED to not just getting others into EVE, but keeping them in EVE. 

It's so easy for people to hop onto a forum and whine about a group of people they know next to nothing about. 

Contrary to popular myth, we have no desire to destroy THE game, or YOUR game.  We do not ask for CCP to do anything to favor us.  We do not encourage cheating.  Hell, we were perfectly happy with the way the wardec system work, and Jade Constantines exploitation of the system to allow dozens upon dozens of corps to enter into a permenant war with us for next to no cost.  We encourage you to do so. 

We are not a bunch of basement dwelling neckbeards hell bent on making EVE crash and burn.  We're a bunch of basement dwelling neckbeards hell bent on making sure that every single person that joins us is having fun from day one. 

Haha..Which makes me wonder what the prervious two posters before you are even trying to get at. They exploited and got caught. It's not like this is a FIRST for Guens, they have done these types of things and other exploitive tactics and have used them at whim on numerous occassions.

AND

Everytime they get caught doing something underhanded they want to run and become the victims.. LmAo.. I think that's the part I find most humerous. I've stated that not all Guenies are like this but the VAST majority I've personally have come across or caught wind of seemed to be the very trollish, griefer, and exploitive type.

It's not MMORPG.com forums, CCP or any anti-guens fault that their (Guens) community of players choose to be such douches, but then again that's what guenies like to be.. Douches.. Lol.. It's their fire and brimstone.. It's ya'll thing.. Do ya'll seriously think people don't know this by now..? Guenies have been exposed many times, this is just another point of evidence..

Its not surprising to see Guens come out the woodworks tho to try and justify what was done. Yeah okay TWO guys from the Guenies were the guilty parties in this, though they did so knowing they had full blessings from the leadership within Guenies..

lol at the guy who thinks he gets under anyones skin.  Bad posting is bad, but my god man, you take the cake :))))

Daddy mittens, daddy mittens, the bad man spelled goons/ gewns wrong! 

BTW, the guys that "exploited" the FW system, were trillionaires before they ever figured out how the FW system was broken.  You should write your posts in green from now on.

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

Did anyone notice a sudden uptick in troll threads 'round here lately?

Just wondering, haven't been paying much attention myself.

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99

EVE, like most things, would be better if Goons would simply disappear. But I guess these basement-dwelling virgin spergers don't have anything better to do.

Originally posted by Uhwop

AND

lol at the guy who thinks he gets under anyones skin.  Bad posting is bad, but my god man, you take the cake :))))

Daddy mittens, daddy mittens, the bad man spelled goons/ gewns wrong! 

BTW, the guys that "exploited" the FW system, were trillionaires before they ever figured out how the FW system was broken.  You should write your posts in green from now on.

Point proven once again.. Guenies try too hard..

Yes yes we know.. Guenies are immune to being trolled since they are the very essence of it themselves.. LoL..

The denile is strong with this one..