Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anywhere you can download the patches?

JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

So i finally recieved my copy of FF14, installed it.....and had to find out my game is 1,5 year behind with patches. This wouldn't be a problem but their patcher is so freaking slow :( I got a very fast internet connection so it shouldn't take long but their patchers.....claims i will need to wait 6 hours for the second patch..and thats only the first file out of 14 O.o I mean really wtf? I will be updating till monday this way >.< So is there anywhere i can find the patches so my game is more up to date without this terri slow updater?

Comments

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Sadly, your out of luck as far as I can tell. You'll have to wait it out. I'm in the same boat. Had to reformat my PC today, so here we go again with the stupid patcher.

Hopefully 2.0's wont be as slow as this one.

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

I got lucky, after a while the download time decreased drasticly. But all in all it took me a few hours to install and patch the game up.  Really don't understand why they don't have a digital version at the account pages that you can download. A version that is from a later date, saves people a long updating time. Most other MMORPG's work like that so why wouldn't they. O well im playing right now luckely :)

• CaptainSoapCaptainSoap Member UncommonPosts: 142

Yeah I have no clue why it's setup the way it is. It seems to be more of a p2p updating system. Cept theres no one to download it from :<

• BerezoBerezo Member Posts: 2

If you do some searching there are specific ports that you need to forward to connect to the seeders for this. Just google around a bit and you should be able to find it! I did this and it helps everything go better!