Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2017 release date?

M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

4.5 years from now? rofl good luck 

Comments

  • dzeni_tGREdzeni_tGRE Member Posts: 2

    Even if they manage to release the game in 2017 - graphic will look as "out of date".

  • ThradokThradok Member Posts: 57

    The way I understand it a late 2016 release date is more or less worst case. As for graphics...they look pretty good now, and can always be updated. With the Havok engine it won't look bad, in any case.

  • NefastusNefastus Member Posts: 71

    Do you even know how long, on average, it takes to develop MMO?

     

    4 years is a good estimate, considering that average is around 5 years and they've been working on the game since around a year.

    Nefastus - Enclave

  • CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

    SW:TOR released late December of last year.

    Its graphics look like they're from 2001.

  • ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

    SW:TOR released late December of last year.

    Its graphics look like they're from 2001.

     

    IKR omg how can you be so smart!!! :D

     

    Dark Age of Camelot - 2001

     

    The Old Republic - 2011

     

     

     

    (Sarcasm off.)

  • M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

    Actually SWOTR does look shitty in that ss, but compared to korean games and others such as Terra. EOCs engine is already super outdated. In 4 years no one will even look at it. 

    NOt trying to diss the game on purpose but as a gamer ive faced alot of these indie projects with lots of promises, especailly ones with total world control and shitty graphics, not one of those ever made it really.

     

  • antshock32antshock32 Member Posts: 41

    In 2017 I think imo that most games will be on a tablet ot some other form of easily carried around device ex phone,tablet,new iglasses and there counter parts coming around...5YEARS YIKES

    The average cycle of tech change i htink has dropped to 3years now you can't spend 5years on ONEgame. They make blockbuster movies in less then a year now .(not that there anygood lately)but still 5years .

     

    GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!!image

  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by antshock32

    In 2017 I think imo that most games will be on a tablet ot some other form of easily carried around device ex phone,tablet,new iglasses and there counter parts coming around...5YEARS YIKES

    Bleh, people said similar things in the 90's while playing Tetris.

  • warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

    SW:TOR released late December of last year.

    Its graphics look like they're from 2001.

    Someone cleary wasnt gaming in 2001.

    Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 9,808

    Time to adjust hype ratings...

  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,423

    The world ends in december anyways...

  • ThradokThradok Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by M4ko

    Actually SWOTR does look shitty in that ss, but compared to korean games and others such as Terra. EOCs engine is already super outdated. In 4 years no one will even look at it. 

    NOt trying to diss the game on purpose but as a gamer ive faced alot of these indie projects with lots of promises, especailly ones with total world control and shitty graphics, not one of those ever made it really.

     

     

    Wait, are you saying Havok is outdated? I mean, just look at a list of games which use Havok. Sure maybe EoC doesn't have the budget to get AAA graphics, but they won't be shitty. We also haven't seen whatever new stuff they have in a while.

     

    Edit: Also, I personally don't like the trend towards 'shiny' graphics being considered good. Terra looks good, but it leans toward shiny graphics, which are kind of fake looking to me.

  • ClobClob Member Posts: 130

    On the plus side, in five years a lot of the current posters on these forums will be getting close to adulthood. :)

  • NefastusNefastus Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Clob

    On the plus side, in five years a lot of the current posters on these forums will be getting close to adulthood. :)

    Think you are overestimating average age of posters here.

    Nefastus - Enclave

  • Sameer1979Sameer1979 Member Posts: 362
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

    SW:TOR released late December of last year.

    Its graphics look like they're from 2001.

    /facepalm

  • GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    Originally posted by antshock32

    In 2017 I think imo that most games will be on a tablet ot some other form of easily carried around device ex phone,tablet,new iglasses and there counter parts coming around...5YEARS YIKES

    They already are [mod edit]. Ever hear of Bejeweled or Farmville? There are about 100x more people that play those types of games than standard MMOs

    The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

    -The MMO Forum Community

  • BadnessoBadnesso Member Posts: 19
    Looks cool hope I'm still alive and into games in 5yrs...
  • VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 8,222

    Locking thread.

     

    Please dont necro posts.

     

    Thanks

    To give feedback on moderation, please contact mikeb@mmorpg.com
This discussion has been closed.