Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMORPG are you most looking forward to??

Comments

• psibotpsibot Member Posts: 254

I most await Dungeons & Dragons Online(DDO) and Lejandary Adventures Online(LAO) Gary Gygax is in Team!!.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I’ll look into upcoming titles to fill the time or maybe even find a womper ;)

Horiozons(HZ) (31-10-2003) (Trade system & Economy look awesome also they seem too have some ideas how to master some things I don’t like about MMORPGs.

If Horizons is not what it promises to be I’ll probably have an shot at The Saga of Ryzom(1-12-2003) maybe even Face of Mankind –Sci-Fi(1-1-2004) even if it is not my traditional fantasy setting.

Dragon Empires & World of Warcraft (WoW)& Warhamer Online seem to be coming out about(1-4-2003) but if I still havn’t found a MMORGP I like I’ll go for Dragon Empires even as anti PK’er since I believe it will an actually playable PK. Warhamer Online looks fine and WoW dunno but something keeps putting me of that title.

Middle Earth Online (MEO 1-7-2003) well I’ll have a look at it out of respect for Tolkkien if it sound a bit interesting but I am very prejudice against the firm Turbine they really have to work hard before I am convinced that any product of them is really good.

Else there are some title that look promising without release date Exarch, Linage II, Mythica(because it the only MMO talking about soloing and btw I love the Nordic pantheon), City of Heroes, UXO.

But as I said first I hoping Turbine won’t seting DDO in the sand and I am sure LAO with Gary Gygax help will have an approach to many things which will set new standards and a fine tuned package all in all. These are me absolute favourites to come.

---
    Light laughter and sweet water to you fellow adventures.

• redtigerredtiger Member Posts: 124
    From what I've heard the craft /trade system in Horizons is supposed to be pretty detailed. Not really sure what sort of trade you can pursue as a dragon, but i'm looking forward to finding out.

Oh and i just found a page with lots more info on UXO. Some details!

http://uxo.stratics.com/#newsitem1062139699,41568

• blakvenomblakvenom Member UncommonPosts: 12

I am waiting for Matrix Online and CoH. Which seems to be to good games.

But i just looked in to Face of Mankind and I was drawn in by the story line and there Rank system and no Skill system. This game seems to be making a True RPG game by having everything controoled by players instead of NPC.

• neeelaneeela Member Posts: 12

Horizons and Middle Earth Online (if it ever comes out. I'm pretty skeptical)

• SuperZwerverSuperZwerver Member Posts: 293
    World of Warcraft, City of Heroes and The Matrix Online. Although i really dont know much about the last one but I just luv the matrix image

Achiever 80%
    Socializer 60%
    Explorer 33%
    Killer 26%

Flych - 70 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin - Tarren Mill (EU)
    Mediocre - 70 Undead Discipline Priest - Tarren Mill (EU)

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    Your avatar is from the comic MAXX it looks like.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • SuperZwerverSuperZwerver Member Posts: 293

I don't know antyhing from a comic named MAXX but I got it from the game Sam & Max: Hit the Road. One of the funniest games ever imo image

EDIT: Name: Max the Rabbit
             Species: Hyperkinetic Rabbity Thing
             Likes: Pez, Orange Circus Peanuts, discharging unregistered firearms in city limits
             Dislikes: Clothes (except a blood-caked smock), people with bad manners, "ensuing"
             Quote: "I was just waving at some toddlers in the next car. They're crying now!"

Just thaught it might be fun to add that little discription of him image

Achiever 80%
    Socializer 60%
    Explorer 33%
    Killer 26%

Flych - 70 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin - Tarren Mill (EU)
    Mediocre - 70 Undead Discipline Priest - Tarren Mill (EU)

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    lol

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • ultraUltimaultraUltima Member Posts: 13

You guys are missing Fable! Have you've seen the preview for that game. It looks kool since you could put tatto anywhere on your body. First you start out as a whimpy teenager than you become more older and more stronger. Although its for xbox live and I do hope it comes out for the PC but the other thing that sucks, that says in the magazine, is that you cant be a female. Oh well ill still play it if it comes out for the PC. ::;^d::

• TRepTRep Member Posts: 18

Fable is not an online game though.

PS  Maxx was  a great comic

• nalanala Member Posts: 173
    I can't WAIT for Horizons!

• BlightmonkeyBlightmonkey Member Posts: 3

I have been reading alot about fable. its seems to a kick azz game i cant wait till it comes out.

• BigTBigT Member UncommonPosts: 51
     Lineage II,Ultima X: Odyssey, World of Warcraft,  thats 3 i'm really following and reading alot about. Gonna be a tough choice  image

• KellorKellor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    I can't wait for Middle Earth Online.

• jamigrejamigre Member UncommonPosts: 280

Lejendary Adventures Online, Dark N' Light, UXO, WoW, in that order.

- i am www.eljacek.com -

-------
    Check out my side project http://lfger.com/  - a mobile lfg tool for any game, any time. 
    -------

• CHillCHill Member Posts: 1

Surprised to see so little people saying they are looking forwards to Dark and light

DnL is definitly the one im looking forward to

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
    WOW, MEO and Lineage 2 I have given up on Dragon Empires and Dark n Light as there both plaguing the scene with more player run economies. I am following UXO as well and EQ2 but I doubt I wil ever go back to playing anything from sony just personal beef I have is all. I am sick of all these new games coming out that just continue to shove the crafting spoon down our throats. I have followed Dragon Empires for 2 years now and very active on boards but they just won't budge from the player run economy and getting resource drops off mobs only just isn't any fun for adventurers. Look at AC2, SWG and Horizons and it explains it all. The rumor is SWG and AC2 are adding in game user drops now because they can't keep people. Now I been donw this road before with others in forums that just love nothing but crafting but I been playing way too long and I just despise it and i have done tons of it. There neds to be some sort of gratification or achievement for adventurers when they kill big mobs or it just gets boring a whole lot faster. Example is Horizons beta'd Horizons and lasted 7 weeks after release and it is just pitiful for adventurers and many ppl have left the game. The game has awesome potential but the beta community was an absolute joke honestly and we were promised a whole new game on release day if we would just stick with it and it was all a lie. With most games in the words of MR. Jeff Beck form the Guitar Shop CD " Much is being said my lords but nothing is being done!"

Through your fear I am reborn. My hand of grief can't be ignored. You know my name.... yes you know who I am. Frustrating turmoil again and again. I am the spike that drives through your hand. for i am eternal battering ram!
    Zakk Wylde

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

City of Heroes, Dark and Light, 9th Domain and DnD Online

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• mrwigglz07mrwigglz07 Member Posts: 283
    i am awating 3 and seeing which one is the best....Lineage 2 Everquest 2 and wow

The anticipation of death is far worse than death itself...

[img]http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/images/banner.gif[img]

If you wait to do something until the last minute, your more efficient since it will only take 1 minute.

• GaaraGaara Member Posts: 1
    Well I'm waiting for Naruto MMORPG to come out...I know it's fan made, and might not be any good....but I just want to see how it turns out.

Death can be found in many forms...my form would be Shukaku

Death can be found in many forms...my form would be Shukaku

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

In that order.

- Anything with TSR...(nothing coming soon that I know so instead of putting names, I rather just wait and see)

- EQ2

- Mythica

- UXO

- EQ3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...I guess I would be dead of old age before that line run full circle althought. :)

- WoW

- Warhammer online

Althought games like DnL seem nices, they have make a must PvP choice which have a 0 appealing on me.  I see no more reasons to play a striclty PvP MMORPG(if the high end is limited to PvP, then it is strictly PvP IMHO) then I see reasons in playing a hunting game...

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

Everquest 2 all the way. Ive done my research, and EQ2 looks soo promising. How could you go wrong with 16 races and 48 classes? You Cant! its amazing customization and EQ was amazing, so how could EQ2 be worse? It COuldnt!

PS to all those who complain about games, if you dont like a game- or just decide you wanna whine about how its bad, then plz make one for me to try so i can rate yours. and if you cant, then SHUP UP! =D

-Farseen-
    Wish Beta Tester
    Knight Online Beta Tester

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• MopsterMopster Member Posts: 47

World of Warcraft and Pirates of the Burning Sea :)

• BrizahdBrizahd Member Posts: 60
    I'm excited about Warhammer online. I like the idea of cities being urban dungeons.
  • Rooster911Rooster911 Member Posts: 11

Lineage 2 definitely.

Roo