Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hunter talents more of an afterthought

itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Is anyone else who is a hunter fan tired of beastmastery being an afterthought with the dev team? (yes i know the new talents aren't split but the abilities basically do fall under the beastmastery if they were still under the same trees)  It's been years and i just have to say that these people just don't get it. The most basic of abilities in every beastmaster archtype seems to be foreign or completely forgotten in our media culture by these people at Blizzard.

Tier 5 talents for example has two abilities that are essentially the same. Dire beast and Lynx rush. Both are just pets doing extra damage. How about the ability to summon two pets ALL the time or the ability to make one pet an elite? Wouldn't that be more useful? Even LOTRO has the talents to make a pet an elite to do more damage all the time, have extra defensive properties etc etc. and places the pet in the same category as those enemies found in dungeons.

It just seems that they aren't really trying, it's one of the reasons i won't be getting the expansion and i just wondered if other people were tired of them shortchanging hunters AGAIN. I can't be the only one.

Comments

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

All I can say is if you are going to quit a game because of one spec of one class than maybe your interest in WoW ran out awhile ago and now it's time to move on.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by GreenHell

All I can say is if you are going to quit a game because of one spec of one class than maybe your interest in WoW ran out awhile ago and now it's time to move on.

nothing constructive to say huh, the whole thread is about how they've been messing up the entire hunter class for years. this was basically the last straw for me.

I don't really know what you are looking for in way of a response. You don't like BM spec..ok. MM spec hunters right now pull insane damage. Its not like hunters are on the bottom every raid and every spec sucks. Over the years BM has had it's moments. I remember PvPing BM back during BC and it was bad ass.

My point was that if that one spec means that much to you that you can not find an alternative spec or class to play that maybe your interest in WoW has come to an end. Its not a bash on you it happens. In my time playing WoW many of the classes I played got nerfed to hell. It didn't stop me from having a good time. I did not quit because of it.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by GreenHell

I don't really know what you are looking for in way of a response. You don't like BM spec..ok. MM spec hunters right now pull insane damage. Its not like hunters are on the bottom every raid and every spec sucks. Over the years BM has had it's moments. I remember PvPing BM back during BC and it was bad ass.

My point was that if that one spec means that much to you that you can not find an alternative spec or class to play that maybe your interest in WoW has come to an end. Its not a bash on you it happens. In my time playing WoW many of the classes I played got nerfed to hell. It didn't stop me from having a good time. I did not quit because of it.

That's my point. BC was the ONLY time they seemed to get it right, then they lost the devs involved with BC and ever since then the team they have now just doesn't seem to care about the class at all especially not the pet side of it. They added pets to collect sure, but that's not the end all of the class. They even did some weird things with pet abilities over the years like taking away the moths ability to heal itself, that was the ability it had in BC now it has some weird caster interrupt or something. 

I miss ammo as well, not the part of having to constantly replace it but the part where it actually mattered and effected dps what kind of ammo one had. They could have made it a relic or something something engineers could craft and place in the slot. the better the ammo in the slot the better the increase.

Its things like that that i'm talking about it's like, after whoever left that worked on BC the talentless hacks left over are just throwing stuff out there with no real thought about it.

TBH from what I've read MOP actually shows hunters a little bit of love (if not love than at least common sense). They got rid of useless melee. To me that was a huge step that should have been done years ago. Hell if I was playing WoW right now that would be enough to make me happy. 

If they had made ammo a relic (and i thought they were going to back then) it wouldn't matter since all relics are being removed in MOP. I understood your point though.

Honestly its a give and take with WoW. It always has been. Every class seems to have it's moment in the sun. Some just get to stand in that sun longer than others. With the relase of MOP I'm sure Monks will be OP for awhile and get lots of love. Just like DKs did. Its a cycle.

• Redhawk2006Redhawk2006 Member Posts: 105

I am an ex-hunter who was driven away by this kind of crap years ago and I see Blizzard is sitll playing it's time-honored game of "overbuffing" the hunter class followed by overnerfing it, just in time for the expansion. We are again being assured by the hunter fanboi sites that Blizzard will get it right eventually, as if they ever do.

How many times can people fall for the same lies? I will never buy another Blizzard product again because of the naked contempt they have for their players. I'll continue to be another ex-WoW hunter among the hundreds I meet in other MMOs.