Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Focus Group Update #11: Trade, Illegal Items, and More

2»

Comments

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by ragnarrog

horses piss on players faces. you mad about that happening to you ?:P

Rly can`t be taken serious when saying everything they want to add is total crap. How it tuns out is another thing though...

They have a pretty long list of things they are implementing with awakening, some of them i don`t care about, but some i am very excited about.

What exactly is your addition to the topic?

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by FastSloth
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    Originally posted by raff01

Sorry but I just can't shrug the feeling that all of this complex programming is just way beyond Starvault's programming skillz...

well im sure those who try the game will find the answer to that when awakening launches. But its obviously rational to be skeptical considering how ts gone previously.

bleeive they go grey. if they run from a guard after 10 seconds or something.

You believe that. Is there any reason to believe that except wishful thinking?

Even if it's true: That will just result in everyone surrounding players who get approached by guards, either to stop from completely from moving until they go grey, after which they can kill and loot them, or to chase them.

Guard approaches player > crowd gathers. Remaining 20 Stockholm syndrome fanboys will rejoice anyway.

Sounds just as shit as thievery in MO.

it was mentioned by tizio the creator of the video. Althoguh he odesnt state you go grey just that hte guard attacks you which is why i beleived it to mean you go grey then the guard attacks you.

"You are not blocked. When a guard yell at you "stop", the game don't block you and move the camera to the guard like in The elder scrolls games, but you can move. If the guards feel that you are escaping they attack you. "

as ofr being blocked, you could just jump over their heads. or find a less traveld route into town if possible or take the risk of moving stolen goods. Henrik mentioned vendors that will buy the illegal goods in tindrem and since tindrem looks pretty large im guessing you will be able to move around it in multiple ways avoiding big crowds. I think what you mentioned really isnt a concern or at least not a main concern. Simpel fact is nobody is going to attempt to move illegal goods around unless they are naked and why pay any form of fine when you can attempt to run and if you die just res and repeat.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• ragnarrogragnarrog Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by FastSloth
    Originally posted by ragnarrog

horses piss on players faces. you mad about that happening to you ?:P

Rly can`t be taken serious when saying everything they want to add is total crap. How it tuns out is another thing though...

They have a pretty long list of things they are implementing with awakening, some of them i don`t care about, but some i am very excited about.

What exactly is your addition to the topic?

words. even sentences if you try to put the meaning of words together...oh wait you didn`t.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Toferio

MO, "sandbox" where guards posses xray vision image

If I understood it right the guards only aproach when you try to avoid the guards, hence they "see" you are behaving oddly and desides to  question you.

What do you think IRL police officers would do to you when you trying to avoid them and sculking around in a oddly manners?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Torgrim

If I understood it right the guards only aproach when you try to avoid the guards, hence they "see" you are behaving oddly and desides to  question you.

What do you think IRL police officers would do to you when you trying to avoid them and sculking around in a oddly manners?

Actually, I meant their ability to know what kind of spells players know to find out if you know any illegal ones. That is not something one may simply inspects ones pockets for, I think?

Although, I find that ruleset of guards aggroing "weird behaving" players very weak, doesn't hold up. There is more to it, otherwise all you would have to do to avoid the guards is to walk normally? :p

Actually, I meant their ability to know what kind of spells players know to find out if you know any illegal ones. That is not something one may simply inspects ones pockets for, I think?

Although, I find that ruleset of guards aggroing "weird behaving" players very weak, doesn't hold up. There is more to it, otherwise all you would have to do to avoid the guards is to walk normally? :p

its a random check the npc didnt know the palyer had any illegal items until he aproached the player. the missing part of the puzzle is seeing how the guard reacts when not having any illegal loot. As for magery iits may well be down to the actual spell being cast agros the guards. an illegal spell doesnt mean the reagents must be illegal.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Maybe it works this way on paper. The sneaking around in the video was probably done for effect, not because it's coded that way

Originally posted by SHOE788

Maybe it works this way on paper. The sneaking around in the video was probably done for effect, not because it's coded that way

agree with shoe, most likely its a random % chance whenever a guard views a player. Sneaking (runnig across rooftops avoiding their field of view) may reduce the likely hood of a guard spotting you but the guard most likely doesnt choose between targets in anyway and cant tell the differences in player behaviour.

infact it would be counter productive to even code it that way since its would require alot of coding for little benefit when similar results can be faked with players trying to act sneakily to avoid being seen by a guard which in turn gives the same effect.