Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

game releace?

does anyone know around when this game will be releaced. i know that there is no official date but like a month to be expected would be good

Comments

• MalianeaMalianea Member Posts: 314

Call me a pessimist, but I doubt we'll see it at all.

Malianea

• Kud-DukanKud-Dukan Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by Malianea

Call me a pessimist, but I doubt we'll see it at all.

Thats extremely pessimistic of you.  It will be out.  Sometime this year, or maybe Spring 2006, but it will be out.  Turbine would not have hired a new Community Manager a few months ago if they were going to cancel the game.
  • starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

I think we will see the game this year....

It would be insane of turbine not to take advantage of this amazing license especially with the other titles like AC2 doing poorly.

I hope the delay is due to them wanting to put out a game that is finished and tested properly. Also they need to wait until people get bored of WOW which should not take long since the current build for that game just isnt geared for longevity in my opinion.

As little as I like the high fantasy genre of MMO's This is one Title I could see myself enjoying if it is done well. People are already so familliar with all of the characters and the world it is set in It would be a very easy game to get comfortable with

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• IsiolasIsiolas Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I've been following this game for about a year or so. An with the very little info about release that has been given to public. I believe Beta will be late this year and release sometime 2006.
  • BendenBenden Member Posts: 103

omg, 2006 ::::07::
    going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng wait.

• bladewjbladewj Member Posts: 20
    I don't know if this means anything, but I've been checking a few online stores like EBX, Best Buy and Amazon and they're saying the shipping date is June of 2005.
    try ebx
    ebgames says it ships 6/15
  • KingElessarKingElessar Member Posts: 18
    Unless there is a release date on the http://www.middle-earthonline.com site then it's only a guess to get you to spend your money and preorder it.
    agreed, but it gives a man hope
  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Isiolas
    I've been following this game for about a year or so. An with the very little info about release that has been given to public. I believe Beta will be late this year and release sometime 2006.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Turbine still hasn't learned their lessons and they aren't saying anything hardly about any of their titles other then doing whatever they can to get what current players they have to stay. I don't know what their problem is but their PR and marketting department should be fired outright, they have done nothing for any of the Asheron's Call series.

I have serious concerns with the lack of information thats coming out, MEO should be a great game, and its a great chance for Turbine to fix their current situation, I just somehow doubt they can pick themselves up from the ashs at this point.

And from what I have read, they really should rename it to Lord of the Rings Online since they have spun completely around from their original designs for the game. Atleast from what I understand it being.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• CubbunsCubbuns Member Posts: 11
    I have been following as much as I can find out about this game for over 7 months now and since the new take over, the information I can track down and here from others is that the game will not be fully released for 1.5 yrs or more.  Sorry
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Officialy 2006

http://forums.middle-earthonline.com/announcement.php?f=11&announcementid=7

Straight from the community manager

Common sense says either early summer or late fall if it infact does not get canceled.  Myself I figure half past never,

I miss DAoC

• nathan89nathan89 Member Posts: 1
    Well i hope that beta will start soon, if this is a big game it needs alot of testing. Plus you have more chance to make alot of friends before the release image Bring on the beta!