Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A different type of End Game

RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Considering I'm so bored of the typical instance gear grind that everyone seems to be stuck on.. I just wanted to see what others thought of something a bit different outside the box.. Maybe a lil "old skool" as they say..   I won't begin to discribe how I would see 1-49 different, for that is for another thread, but will only focus on an alternative end game, or add on to what is already there.. 

Imagine we have a new planet that is played by both the Sith and Republic.. You must be lvl 50 to be able to use the spaceport, no exceptions.. This planet will be huge in size, bigger then Tatooine.. Each faction will have their own starting city that will resemble something like Dromumnd Kaas or Coruscant.. These cities will house ALL the possible NPC's you need for level 50, including trainers, vendors and whatnots.. In addition these cities will also have dozens of military personnel guarding the perimeter and within the city.. You never know who might come for a visit..

On any given day when you log in and fly to the planet you never know what condition your city is in, or the planet in general.. Why do I say that?   Because this planet is tailored for PvE and PvP play simutaniously.. Please note: the PvP is completely optional as I will discribe later.. Each faction city will have a variety of offensive and defensive resources that must be resupplied on a regular basis.. This is where the PvE part comes in.. There will be numerous NPC's that will need the players to go out into that dangerous world to gather the needed supplies from whatever or whoever.. You might need to collect metals, ores and gems, or even food supplies to keep the NPC's and city stocked.. For each task you do, you will be rewarded.. These are NOT dailies, but are repeatables as often as you want..

As a PvE player and you venture out into the planet, you can either take the shuttle like the ones on Corellia, or hop on your speeder and zoom off into the sunset.. lol  The monorail shuttle can only take you to a segment of the planet that is urban much like Corellia.. Who doesn't like doing some strategic urban crawl?  I do..  But then there are times I like a little desert or a little vegitation.. BOTH of which will be present on this new planet..  Not only will there general trash mobs but there will be random spawned mini bosses that roam the areas that hold rare loot and resources.. Random means approx 20-36hr timer respawn.. Good luck in finding them and killing them first before the other faction does..

Now for your PvPer's, which I like to dabble in from time to time.. WHEN I'm in the mood.. I don't mind a little hutball, but really?  Is this really a time to play sports with guns or do you thirst for something more meaningful..  I know I do.. When I get in the mood for PvP I like to think that my actions can really make someones day..  I loved Wintergrasp and AV in WoW and given the the chances here, I would like something similar in the SW universe.. As a PvPer, let me help my side in the war by "INVADING" the other sides facton and killing their NPC's, defense towers, guards, and even elite officers.. Who wouldnt' like to RAID the other city and kill off their controlling General?  Ofcourse by invading the other city , you will be flagged and subject to being attacked yourself by others.. While flagged you earn honor points rather you kill other players or kill NPC's.. You take the risk with a TEF, and should be rewarded..  Now as a defender of my city I have an option to stand by and do nothing (afraid fo PvP) and stay clear of the battle.. OR.. you can jump in and get your hands dirty as well..

This is where some of those resources come into play.. You know all those mats that the PvE crowd has been collecting.. Well if your defense walls and systems have been destroyed by the enemy, or they killed off important NPC's you will either have to wait for a very slow respawn (4 hours?) or use those resources to do instant respawn or resupply of lost items or NPC's..  Here I want the PvE and PvP crowd to work together..

In addition the rest of the planet will also have strategic locations that will be contested via PvP to earn more resouces and bonuses..  Ideally if you are a PvPer, there will be MORE then enough targets to go after on this planet.. Who needs warzones?  If you are a PvEer, there will be plenty of demand for the resources you collect to restore all the damage the PvPers are doing..   As I said , when you fly into the planet who knows what  you're walking into..  Should we be asking for a dynamic open world planet that is influenced by the players on it.. 

Just something to think about