Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saving Darkfall: let's make it happen

2»

Comments

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    Originally posted by Deleted User

"Tasos Flambourascame forth today with word that not only is the project still powering forward, but the development team is growing as new hires are brought on to assist in the efforts" That was from Jan. has something major changed? 

"That was from Jan." It's almost July. They've been releasing "updates" like that for two years. Maybe longer? Nothing is happening. Darkfall 2.0 isn't coming out in 2012, and it probably isn't coming out in 2013, and by 2014, it won't matter. If people knew that Darkfall had no future, the game would just flat out die. Yes, I'm accusing the devs of keeping hope alive to milk subs. All communities need growth to thrive; stagnation yields decay. I'm not willing to rest on the laurels of these dubious updates, I want to take some kind of action to save the MMORPG that has the potential the be the best in the history of the genre. But let's find out. Let's get to the bottom of this. If it needs saving, then let's try and make something happen. I'm merely proposing that interested parties share ideas.

Interested Parties.

Ehhh, did the person delete their account?

Yep, he didn't get a single response to his query (to his satisfaction) so he lost faith I guess.

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again...

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

First going F2P would be a good start to bring in some players, cash shop for cosmetic items and skill gain potions, opening up a PVE server with a optional PVP flagging would be another along with opening up more land for housing and city building so the seige system would be disabled on the PVE server, no transfers allowed to the said PVE server, a toolset for players to create quests to give more themepark content, there are some great features in the game , but the bugs lack of content and a bitter community bent on driving players away.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Personally i want DF to become a rich sandbox experience. With the announcements made obviously AV wants to drive the other direction which is not my.

NO GLOBAL  AUCTION HOUSE, NO TO INSTA LIMBO, NO TO GLOBAL BANKING, NO TO "FORTRESS" TYPE OF GAMEPLAY, YES TO REAL WARS OVER RACE, OVER RESSOURCES, OVER KINGDOMS AND AREA CONTROL

YES TO COMPLEX RESSOURCE SYSTEM, YES TO COMPLEX CRAFTING MECHANICS

YES TO RACIAL WARFARE; YES TO KINGDOM BORDERS AND AREA CONTROL MECHANICS TIED TO REGIONAL RESSOURCES

I DONT CARE ABOUT GRAPHICS AND LIGHTS AND ALL THAT CRAP NO CARES ABOUT AFTER A WEEK OF PLAYING !

The specialization sounds like a step in the right direction tho.

YES TO MAKE ALL PLAYSTYLES PLAYABLE ! EXPLORER, CRAFTER, SOCIALIZER ..BACK TO THE RECIPE OF INVENTORS OF THE GENRE MMOPRG !

So does Mr. Flambouras listen to that or will he ever present again FUNHULKS ?? as sandbox content ? umpf eek

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

Make DF F2P, with skill gap restriction for free users! For example... free users should be able to skill up to 50... and premium to max...simple... imagine the population if this will happen....

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

This is one smelly dirty litterbox here and the only way to clean it up is to throw it in the trash..

Some great concepts wasted on the desire to make a game to where grieving, ganking and then stealing and taking everything others have worked for after stabbing them in the back while chopping lumber is not only the norm but expected to be the way it is played..

Throw the whole litterbox away and learn a lesson..

Playing GW2..

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

as soon as they put a cap on stats/skills and give me a first person view melee combat....i'll be right there saving it with you.

Darkfall was an amazing game for sure, but the company behind is just trash.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128

Fire Tasos would be a good first step.

Develop a good game would be a good second...

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by afhn2110
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

as soon as they put a cap on stats/skills and give me a first person view melee combat....i'll be right there saving it with you.

Darkfall was an amazing game for sure, but the company behind is just trash.

How I think Darkfall can be saved?

Cap Skills

Unlock/Free View Perspective

Remove 40% Damage to Back

Remove Global Bank

Make Resources Localized, not Area/Zone Grid

Make Player Cities and Hamlets Modable/Changable (allow players to alter the layout of cities)

Sell Darkfall to a more competent and trustworthy company

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Personally i want DF to become a rich sandbox experience. With the announcements made obviously AV wants to drive the other direction which is not my.

NO GLOBAL  AUCTION HOUSE, NO TO INSTA LIMBO, NO TO GLOBAL BANKING, NO TO "FORTRESS" TYPE OF GAMEPLAY, YES TO REAL WARS OVER RACE, OVER RESSOURCES, OVER KINGDOMS AND AREA CONTROL

YES TO COMPLEX RESSOURCE SYSTEM, YES TO COMPLEX CRAFTING MECHANICS

YES TO RACIAL WARFARE; YES TO KINGDOM BORDERS AND AREA CONTROL MECHANICS TIED TO REGIONAL RESSOURCES

I DONT CARE ABOUT GRAPHICS AND LIGHTS AND ALL THAT CRAP NO CARES ABOUT AFTER A WEEK OF PLAYING !

The specialization sounds like a step in the right direction tho.

YES TO MAKE ALL PLAYSTYLES PLAYABLE ! EXPLORER, CRAFTER, SOCIALIZER ..BACK TO THE RECIPE OF INVENTORS OF THE GENRE MMOPRG !

So does Mr. Flambouras listen to that or will he ever present again FUNHULKS ?? as sandbox content ? umpf eek

...and make all in game chat use CAPs as default....so ^ guy will feel rigth at home.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

what happened to Darkfall 2.0?

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

The best indication that a game should be saved is that it isn't going to die.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Originally posted by dageeza

This is one smelly dirty litterbox here and the only way to clean it up is to throw it in the trash..

Some great concepts wasted on the desire to make a game to where grieving, ganking and then stealing and taking everything others have worked for after stabbing them in the back while chopping lumber is not only the norm but expected to be the way it is played..

^This.

Ignore all the other post that preaty much said, make the game more like PvE WoW.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Heres how you save Darkfall:

Open up PvE a PvE server with an optional method to turn into a player killer.

Game saved!

This is a joke right? This would be the final nail in the coffin.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by dageeza

So, I started playing about 6 weeks ago. When I am PKed, the majority of them ressurect me and then buff me before I go my own way. Since I can cut wood and mine ore, I can replace my stuff by cracting it if I am looted. I personally enjoy the risk involved with playing Darkfall. I have not enjoyed a game like this since early days of UO.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

i believe saving darkfall is beyond the community now. Its down to the developers and if they show no inclination or desire to help thier own game how can you expect the community to care anymore. A company that flat out ignores the pleas of its customers and does what it wants when it wants instead of taking on constructive critisism from its community and constantly breaks not only promises but hides vital information from its community is not a company anyone should consider supporting and it doesnt look like aventurine plan to change in the slightest. I can forgive sloppy coding or amateur  coding provided the dev team are open about it and honestly try to listen and do what the community suggest. But i wont support a company that treat their own playerbase like the enemy.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• MichelinStarMichelinStar Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

Make DF F2P, with skill gap restriction for free users! For example... free users should be able to skill up to 50... and premium to max...simple... imagine the population if this will happen....

/ agree.

Yea they should have make it F2P.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Where'd the OP go?  I feel so abandoned.

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

I agree with saving Darkfall, i believe changing the developer needs to happen, but it needs to be a Sandbox based company.

AV is just not getting the Picture, there style of making this game is terrible.

But what can i say, at least there is still some hope in Mortal online, yes,a smaller scale of darkfall, but more realist at least.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by Snakex

I agree with saving Darkfall, i believe changing the developer needs to happen, but it needs to be a Sandbox based company.

AV is just not getting the Picture, there style of making this game is terrible.

But what can i say, at least there is still some hope in Mortal online, yes,a smaller scale of darkfall, but more realist at least.

Kind of like my warning in the other string, changing developers increases the chance DRAMATICALLY that the next version of Darkfall will go wide. What does 'go wide' mean? it means dumping current player base and going mainstream.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Heres how you save Darkfall:

Open up PvE a PvE server with an optional method to turn into a player killer.

Game saved!

LOL so destroy everything Darkfall is about?

How about no...

The only way to save DF is to get rid of AV has they have lost the plot this year..