Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Second Life

What kind of game is it...

From what I think you create your own world and play it...but can other people play your world?

---------------------------------------------

Comments

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199
    Of course, otherwise it wasnt called a mmorpg.
    I guess you can meet up with others in one big world which is a bit the same as the world called
    real life.
    Thats why this one doesn't interest me, I can walk out my door to do those things..
  • KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

SL is not really a game as such, it is a virtual reality world. You create things (you need to learn to use the Linden Labs simplified programming language to do it well), you can buy and sell things, you can go around and visit things other people have created and so forth. It's a cool virtual world, but it's not a game really. A reflection of that is that SL has absolutely no objection to players buying currency with RL money, in fact the game design fully supports this and the website directs players to the places that sell SL currency. So it's more of a virtual world like RL than a role playing game, at least that is how I experienced it.

• LightSlayerLightSlayer Member Posts: 182
    I would like to play the game....but....you know....you go to be 18 and over, heh...I like games like these where you make something and people visit....not much interesting as you said. I just go outside and im there...I like the concept of flying around hehehe and turning into robots!

---------------------------------------------

• Iceman12321Iceman12321 Member Posts: 992

Like There, Second Life is a very good "game." Its a basically an all-in-one virtual world. You are able to do many, many things. I tried them both with their free trials, and I was very interested with both of them. Unlike many others here, these sorts of games interest me, mainly because I'm able to explore and find alot of people throughout the world. Great thing with Second Life is all you have to pay is a One-Time Fee and you're in (No monthly fees.)

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Its a pretty fun game, but its more of a play when you are bored type of game. There is PvP, but its not how you may think. There are fields that players can buy guns from other players and fight eachother. There are clubs, art museums, sport arenas, pvp areas and so on.