Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

planetside 2 and artificial aiming

ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

so... need to adress that topic, coz that'S what makes most fps games unplayable on a real scale.

the aimbot.

they got that prob fixed for tribes, AA does not support tribes anymore, coz their bot could not handle the "not instant hitting" bullets of tribes i guess (no way to calc the hitting maybe or what not).

i wonder, does planetside 2 bullets have a "fyling" time? looked like it so far from the vids to me.

or do you guys have any other thoughts on that topic?

i know, usualy we talk about "3rd person RPGs" here, but PS2 surely has the potential to become one of the biggest mmos imo (ps1 was one of the best so far. so what should stop part2!)

i surely hope AA wont screw this one up like they did for APB.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Comments

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    Originally posted by Thane

so... need to adress that topic, coz that'S what makes most fps games unplayable on a real scale.

the aimbot.

they got that prob fixed for tribes, AA does not support tribes anymore, coz their bot could not handle the "not instant hitting" bullets of tribes i guess (no way to calc the hitting maybe or what not).

i wonder, does planetside 2 bullets have a "fyling" time? looked like it so far from the vids to me.

or do you guys have any other thoughts on that topic?

i know, usualy we talk about "3rd person RPGs" here, but PS2 surely has the potential to become one of the biggest mmos imo (ps1 was one of the best so far. so what should stop part2!)

i surely hope AA wont screw this one up like they did for APB.

PS2 afaik has no hitscan weapons.

All projectiles have travel time, additionally kinetic projectiles fall-off with gravity.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by AdamTM

All projectiles have travel time, additionally kinetic projectiles fall-off with gravity.

that sounds promising.

i'd hate it to see planetside being ... abused by aimbotters :)

and after all, planetside 2 is not using any of the "main" engines, lets hope they wont beat the forge light engine

Originally posted by AdamTM

that sounds promising.

i'd hate it to see planetside being ... abused by aimbotters :)

With every game comes the "danger" of cheating.

I'm sure the company has ways to protect the game from aimbotting and abuse.

As stated by the lead dev, they have GMs on every continent 24/7 in shifts that monitor gameplay.

that's what was clearly missing for APB.

GMs can "stop" cheating to a certain degree, they need to be allerted by someone tho, players, or best, the engine itself.

good to hear sony takes this abit more serious :)

that's what was clearly missing for APB.

GMs can "stop" cheating to a certain degree, they need to be allerted by someone tho, players, or best, the engine itself.

good to hear sony takes this abit more serious :)

In TBs interview the dev said the GMs have tools to monitor behaviour.

For example they can monitor how many times in a node gets captured to make sure two players aren't just trading nodes for extra XPs.

Same goes for trading kills etc.

as said before, sounds realy promissing.

thx 4 the infos, appreciated