Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After years in wow all other mmo's just sucks

13»

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Kuinn

There's yet hope without going into mmo-strike, because there's a bunch of companies acknowledging the fact that close copies of WoW does not keep players playing.

while true - ive seen people call any Themepark a wow clone, regardless of different game mechanics

I dont think DCUO is anything like WOW but ive seen people call that game a WOW clone

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

I'm personally glad WoWs influence is fading. All that can be done with their dumbed down chore running system has been done, and it's nice to start seeing new MMOs materialize that draw influence from somewhere other than WoW. It's a welcome change of pace.

It was a stripped down MMO emulator to begin with (minus the danger, risk and adventure of the games it was trying to emulate). When having a pulse and memorizing absurd dance steps is the requirement for success, it becomes tedious rather than engaging. Coming from games that were actually challenging and required focus for more than 15 minutes at a time, friends and I were quickly dripping in the best gear available and didn't appreciate any of it because we were just handed these things with barely any effort.

No thanks, if you enjoy safely performing chores with zero chance of failure, enjoy WoW - it does that better than anyone, I agree.  I personally have had a lot more fun in other MMOs. 

The number of players is irrelevant to me as even if a game I liked had a million players, I'd understand that it's superfluous since I'd never interact with the vast majority of them anyway.

• cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

Oh boy this post was asking for trouble and Id like to say that even if you cant speak english, you should still know proper sentence structure and paragraph structure. 

So, WoW is the best huh? 

Tell me, what is so invigorating about tabbing to a target, and standing still to cast.  Interrupting your cast to move a few feet, and then running through the same rotation until you have to move again?

Tell me, what is so invigorating about know when attacks are coming, i.e. a scripted boss fight, and having multiple addons to basically play your character for you?

Tell me, what is so invigorating about having the newest raid nerfed in a month because all of the worlds top guilds cleared it in 5 hours?

Tell me, what is so invigorating about needing to re-learn your class each expansion, and sometimes mid-expansion, because of talent changes?  They overhaul this system every two years.  They claim to have gotten it righ tthis time around (and Ive heard that before).  So it took this "king" as you call them, 7+ years to perfect the talent system?

Tell me, what is so invigorating about "New dungeons, New raids, one more PVP map"  each expansion? 

Tell me, what is so invigorating about only having raids, pvp dungeons, and dallies available to you at end game? (the basic flavor of endgame MMO..and I do mean the very basic).

So after reading all of that, WoW is still the king?

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    WoW hate is strong on MMORPG.com.
    A lot of my m8s play only WoW. They have never played any games before that. Once they finish with Wow they will just stop playing games. They are not gamers they just play WoW.
    I think there are many ppl out there that are similar to my m8s. WoW was so big few years ago ( cultural phenomena) so all wanted to try it and see what is it all about.
    I still play it coz of my m8s and in my opinion it still is the best teampark mmo.
This discussion has been closed.